Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Bentaleb has a shocker he has a shocker, Liverpool away last year, Old Trafford on the opening day...but compared to the others in centre mid I think he has, he takes on riskier passes often which is why i guess he can sometimes give it away

I'm not comparing him to others in midfield I'm just commenting on him.

His distribution is too often shocking, just think of last season at OT when he gave the ball away without even looking up where he was passing to which led to their 2nd goal and he did it again this season!

Too often!

But I do think there is a player in there but needs to be coached properly.

Problem is can Pooch do that?

:pocheyes:

I don't get the "not showing intent" / "missed the big players available" melting when we went out and signed the midfielder who scored more goals than any other in the Bundesliga the past 4 seasons. A guy who fits our style perfectly and was at the heart of blistering attack that his team to the CL.

This is a very good window if it was Son alone. He's a ridiculously good attacker, and should instantly be one of the best in the PL from his first kick of a ball.

But hey, he's not English and doesn't play on Sky in English every Saturday at 1500 so feel free to fucking melt away. I'll enjoy my team having one of the best attackers anywhere.

Bullshit. Even if we signed Messi it wouldn't be a good window if we didn't have a back 4. You have to look at the squad as a whole.

We are weakened in central midfield - which was already being torn apart by mid table teams last year - only saved by Hugo and all the points secured by Eriksen and Kane almost singlehandedly.

If that wasn't enough we have no second striker. No second striker for 4 tournaments.
Well we do, but he's a religious fuck up who the manager has already ruled out, but failed to get rid of. Another fuckup!

We have strengthened defensively and our wings as well, thank god, but a good window? No way. Never.

People gotta be able to see this, and be able to see, that it wasn't meant to be like this. Even for Levy. He said there would be action in the last 2 weeks, but there wasn't any, so he obv. failed to bring in what he wanted.

There you go again, press ganging the 'majority' on to your side.

I didn't say you were setting yourself up - although you are.

My level is much higher than yours. I can spell, I'm articulate, I'm funny, I'm attractive to women and I've got more cups than you - so there.

You on the other hand are a pompous windbag who suffers from the delusion that everything you post is unchallengeable pure truth.

Joe I think you're jealous in that Mockers may be more attractive to women than you!

:walker-scream:

I'm not comparing him to others in midfield I'm just commenting on him.

His distribution is too often shocking, just think of last season at OT when he gave the ball away without even looking up where he was passing to which led to their 2nd goal and he did it again this season!

Too often!

But I do think there is a player in there but needs to be coached properly.

Problem is can Pooch do that?

:pocheyes:

Possibly I'm going on potential or hoping what he can be, personally I've still got masive hopes for him and think by the end of the season he will be starting in all the big games

Joe I think you're jealous in that Mockers may be more attractive to women than you!

:walker-scream:
Absolutely not. Women will tell you I'm not a jealous person. It's not an attractive trait. Anyway I don't know what he looks like - I look a bit like Poch, as you can see. I think we're all done here. :pochbye:

My first posting on this site, having given up on footymad, and Devonspur - Bazili - recommended it. Gotta add my two penn'orth. Didn't want us to go for Berahino - reminded me of Commoli's 'inspired' purchase of Bent some years ago - but definitely think that Harry needs some support up front.

Welcome Cliffy!

You'll soon work out who the tosses are on this site but generally it's a good laugh here but you will need to grow a thick skin!

:angryscouser:

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust release statement questioning summer transfer activity - Football (soccer) highlights, goals, videos & clips | 101 Great Goals

“It is always difficult for a supporters’ organization to pass comment on the detail of transfer deals – deals that are business transactions conducted privately. We can, however, take note of the general approach to and results of the Club’s transfer activity.
“We have, in line with most fans, congratulated THFC’s Board on running the Club as a sustainable business – avoiding the financial problems that have affected many clubs over the years. We recognise the need to balance a sustainable business strategy with the need to deliver an entertaining and successful team.
“At the end of this season’s transfer window, however, we find ourselves questioning where we have ended up. Some areas of the squad have looked light as we played four games in August, and that remains the case as we move into the main part of the season. We welcome the good signings that have been made, but are concerned at the gaps that still exist and the pressure this places on the manager and the team.
“Spurs made the highest ever pre-tax profit in the Premier League last year – £80m. Revenues went up 22% to £180.5m. Ticket prices for top class games remain among the highest in the Premier League. Next year, the Club has informed us it wants to increase those prices.
“Many supporters are now questioning the relationship between what we pay and what we receive. We understand the Club is trying to finance a new stadium, but we have also heard that this will not be allowed to unduly affect the playing side. And no doubt we will be asked to dig deep to watch the team in the new stadium, once it is built.
“This is not the first time the team has gone into a season looking light. We believe fans have shown enormous patience over the years. But we understand why that patience is starting to run out. It is important the Club is run on successful business lines, but the success of the business depends on sporting success – the kind that attracts crowds and fills new stadiums.
“We think a credible explanation from THFC’s Board to address the genuine concerns of supporters, many of whom have backed the current Board consistently, is now required.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom