Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this agian??

Word on the street is that ... That picture is photoshopped.
Apparently, this is the real one:

sheraddy.jpg

Not my work, btw.

Wow, still seeing people contemplating selling Kane for 50 million, just can't believe it. Let us take a step back and try to understand why United are trying to sign Harry Kane.

These days it is all about marketing and image of the player. That is why Madrid were so desperate for Neymar more than Bale, because Neymar owns the Brazilian market. That is why Madrid keeps selling players like Robben/Sneijder/Alonso because they are not shirt sellers.

Now go look at the FIFA 16 trailer that is out. Who is the main man? It's Harry fucking Kane! He has put us on the map again after Bale. He is the golden boy for a new generation and trust me we need one. Who else in the English squad can become the poster boy? Sterling? He is booed by everybody after a train wreck of a PR stunt by his agent. Berahino? He is a drunk fool with attitude problems. Harry Kane has the chance to inspire a nation.

Harry Kane is the ultimate advertiser's dream! Has a killer name, is not covered by tattoos, is the epitome of a fan's dream come true, is a throwback to all these modern princesses in football and best of all is a level headed kid. He is in a relationship with his childhood sweetheart. His girlfriend is not a supermodel bimbo trying to get her 15 minutes of fame. No scandals so far as well. This is perhaps the biggest marketing opportunity since David Beckham burst onto the scene. Potentially much bigger than Rooney. If a shrek monster can because the face of United in terms of marketing, imagine what Kane will do! If United sign Kane, I can guarantee that his shirts sales will create a record in the asian market. Because everybody loves him. People cheered when he came on his England debut. He is the underdog and everybody loves him. Even Woolwich fans like him. Do you really think United can't afford to sign someone like Benzema/Cavani at less than 50 million? They won't because they need a shirt seller. Rooney is ageing and United have been trying desperately to get a new face for their marketing.

We sell him and it is more than a good striker we are losing. We are throwing away an opportunity to become a global brand riding on his image. We are strengthening our closest rivals for a top four spot and once again show the world we are small time as a selling club. You look at every player who has left us. There was always a hint of "Maybe someday in the future I will leave". Always a sense of ambiguity in the interviews by Bale/Modric/Berbatov. But Harry has been crystal clear in stating he dreams of playing for Spurs. He grew up a Spurs fan.

And football and Spurs are dead to me if Harry Kane is sold in the next 10 years and I am sure I will not be the only one. It doesn't matter if he never hits the heights of last season. It doesn't matter if could have made a lot of money selling him now with him losing his value after this. Because football is more than just about money. It doesn't seem that way these days with all these sugar daddy oil baron owners and bribery and scandals. But damn it, guys like Harry Kane staying loyal proves to the world that there is some bit of hope that money has not swallowed football. And we need that more than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom