Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread...
blam.gif

Well, it wouldn't be the first time we have been beaten by them putting 4 past us, away or at home.
We don't really win there, or against them that often do we.
Anyway, how many times have we won at OT since 1992? If I remember right we have managed not to lose just the 4 times since the conception of the EPL, winning twice & 2 draws.
We have only won 5 times in all 46 EPL meetings haven't we? 3 times we have beaten them at home in the EPL and I managed to be there for 2 of them.
I wouldn't melt if we lost. I'd go mad if we won.

That is pathetic saying they've stuffed us a lot so oh well, nevermind if they do. I'll be livid.

We've got people holding up United like they're untouchable because they've spent money yet, saying that if we don't it doesn't matter.

We'd gone up there and won two on the spin hadn't we? Then Poch took us there last year, he was tactically hammered and the players were jaded to fuck. They'd capitulated enough in the fortnight up to the cup final, managed to get a couple of wins that included struggling against QPR and then got battered at OT.

But that's ok and we'll just excuse a pasting on Day 1 because it's United yeah?

That is pathetic saying they've stuffed us a lot so oh well, nevermind if they do. I'll be livid.

We've got people holding up United like they're untouchable because they've spent money yet, saying that if we don't it doesn't matter.

We'd gone up there and won two on the spin hadn't we? Then Poch took us there last year, he was tactically hammered and the players were jaded to fuck. They'd capitulated enough in the fortnight up to the cup final, managed to get a couple of wins that included struggling against QPR and then got battered at OT.

But that's ok and we'll just excuse a pasting on Day 1 because it's United yeah?
No it ain't ok. But saying we'll lose there if we don't make any major signings, right now, is bollocks. If we lose there it will not be a major shock, that's the reality.
It's never ok for us to lose.
I ain't holding them up to be anything. I want us to win.
Make your minds up.
You say Man U have spent big and made great signings. Like we should and haven't. Yet you also say because they have spent big doesn't mean they will beat us and are untouchable?
So, is it just if we spend big we will be untouchable?
If Man U are nothing to worry about it doesn't matter who we sign form now to then does it. Our players won't be jaded this time and, as all have agreed, the defence has been sorted.
Judging by what you say it won't matter if our players won't be jaded this time because Poch will get tactically hammered.

Last season we bought Yedlin, Alli, Davies, Vorm, Fazio, Dier and Stambouli - mainly squad players and all defensive, mainly to cover the departures of Dawson, Naughton and Sandro. We even got rid of Siggy and Holtby because we had too many midfielders to accommodate and even loaned out Lennon at one point.

Poch has had a season to evaluate everyone now, has brought in some youth and added Tripper, Wimmer and Alderweireld to replace Kaboul, Chiriches and the lack of RB cover for Walker. For me, the defence is sorted now.

Having cleared out Paulinho, Capoue and Stambouli and looking to move Adebayor on it's clear to me we'll be bringing in at least a central midfielder in the one month we have left of the transfer window, hopefully a couple of attacking players also - one of which would hopefully improve the 1st XI.

Spurs linked with Schalke winger Sidney Sam. Maybe someone who has seen him play can enlighten us about how he plays and if he is any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom