Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how in the first month when we signed Toby and two other defenders as well as extended Bentaleb's contract and retaining Kane and LLoris was the best thing ever. With a month left in the window we have ample time to sign a striker and a midfielder yet people are considering us a threat for mid table.

I dont demand proof, I demand that people back up their opinions with a little bit of logic, whether I agree or not, and dont change from one week to another.

This thread today:
We dont need signings

Same people if Berahino signs:
YEEEEESSS GREAT SIGNING!!

:avbfacepalm:

I have not seen anyone posting that we don't need signings. Your equating people not panicking with people not wanting any new players. I think most people want a new striker or two.

I'm sure you have some logic in your thoughts and the opinions you post.

However, its not good logic.

I have not seen anyone posting that we don't need signings. Your equating people not panicking with people not wanting any new players. I think most people want a new striker or two.

I'm sure you have some logic in your thoughts and the opinions you post.

However, its not good logic.
That would be "You're", and "it's", respectively.
freund-idea.png

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

The "shut the fuck up" had a levity in it I assumed you'd get. You've obviously fucked your head up by sitting in your shed for the last week, huffing paint thinner and pretending to be on holiday.

I'm perfectly fine with bullshit and conjecture, btw, just not overly impressed by "the manager wants him", "we've bid less than they want", "the player wants to leave", etc being passed off as fact because some dangle posts it in here.

Nah. Sorry. It went over my heed.

Freakyish thing. Just as I posted that post there was a massive drum in the hotel entrance. Turns out there is massive wedding happening. Why am I mentioning this? There were bagpipes! This massive fuck off wedding party coming down the stairs to huge drums much wailing and a hollering and fucking bagpipes.

How queer.

Anyway that why I didn't reply sooner as I had to watch the spectacle. Was almost as good as my wedding 2 years ago. Ahh. Memories.

Anyway. I heard Poch thinks you're a cunt and sammys cool. Daniel quite likes you though. That's what I heard.

So all the people saying "dont melt" etc etc etc, reserve the right to melt in a week if we get dicked 4-0 at Old Trafford...

Rightio, good one.

Nah. Sorry. It went over my heed.

Freakyish thing. Just as I posted that post there was a massive drum in the hotel entrance. Turns out there is massive wedding happening. Why am I mentioning this? There were bagpipes! This massive fuck off wedding party coming down the stairs to huge drums much wailing and a hollering and fucking bagpipes.

How queer.

Anyway that why I didn't reply sooner as I had to watch the spectacle. Was almost as good as my wedding 2 years ago. Ahh. Memories.

Anyway. I heard Poch thinks you're a cunt and sammys cool. Daniel quite likes you though. That's what I heard.
Your shed must be bouncing. Bet your neighbours in Peckham are fucking raging.

I love how in the first month when we signed Toby and two other defenders as well as extended Bentaleb's contract and retaining Kane and LLoris was the best thing ever. With a month left in the window we have ample time to sign a striker and a midfielder yet people are considering us a threat for mid table.

So basically, cos we made some early signings and got optimistic, six weeks later when the worst part of the squad is still very much intact, and the second worse part simply 3 players short, with Utd away in 7 days, its silly to be concerned.

I love how our shambolic transfer window track record is forgotten and some have blind faith that this year will be different.

"I think Spurs are one of the few clubs in the English premiership (along with Southampton FC) that are doing things the right way."

Difference is Southampton go out and buy the players they need.....

And yet I can't remember when they last beat us in the league table. I can remember that they only recently got promoted to the PL. Not sure people understand how lucky we are to follow one of the six best teams in the country.

So basically, cos we made some early signings and got optimistic, six weeks later when the worst part of the squad is still very much intact, and the second worse part simply 3 players short, with Utd away in 7 days, its silly to be concerned.

I love how our shambolic transfer window track record is forgotten and some have blind faith that this year will be different.
8 days Sammy. Get your fucking facts right.

Jesus.
:baletroll:

I think it was a joke aimed at most of the people who just seem to be mad that we don't have high net spend.

I could be wrong though. :soldadowtf:

See this is the issue I have. I don't want a high net spend (define high anyway, £5m, £10m or City levels?).

But you can't dress up a zero net spend as anything but a general short-changing and even a failure when you're having to flog out most of your recent signings at a loss individually and, having had 4 managers in 3years.

It's about a smart net spend that may have nicked 2 more points in a season and seen us appear in the Champions League again, more than negating that spend, making us more attractive to players, investors etc.

It's not easy of course but it's been pretty plain to see at times that even when we spent money there were some bigger question marks and gambles than there needed to be. Magnificent 7 for £100m without a kick in the Premier League between them?....Fucking nuts. Now all those that want to cover themselves by cuddling up in a comfy balance-sheet and take the high ground about their patience, as if any of us seeing a different bigger picture other than it's all part of a perfectly acceptable 20year master-plan, we are all of us wanting to do a Leeds or expecting to spend like Chelski or City. That's total crap, there is a balance that we are way way off of.

Bottom of net table spend and finishing 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th is lucky-old-us for some, how dare we aspire to more or we can't catch the top 4 anyway so why bother. I think it says that with some more money spent smartly at the right times and who knows what might have been. Maybe not tons of inadequate players following falling just short of 3rd and 4th and therefore watching players leave for Champions League or not coming to us because we don't have it.

So all the people saying "dont melt" etc etc etc, reserve the right to melt in a week if we get dicked 4-0 at Old Trafford...

Rightio, good one.
yh if.....

im pretty sure whoever we sign now probably wont start against utd, even the players we are linked with are not exactly going to be nailed on starters yet. they're good players with potential ur idea that we go and sign a number of players then play them against utd is fucking crap especially when u consider poch's system being based on teamwork and understanding

and ur negativity is draining...

Rightio, good one.
Will be less of a melting for me more a prolonged drawn out session of slowly and methodically headbutting a solid bit of brick wall through a 24 hour period whilst crying, giggling hysterically and pissing my knickers. Oh and screaming. And swearing. And there may be whisky involved too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom