Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
One week to go before EPL. Three areas of the team they say need resolving - Strikers, Defensive Mid and Right Mid.

Strikers -
1. Ade - Villa are scared of closing the deal, rightly so. Looking more likely he will stay - try and impress for his next contract somewhere else eg MLS, China.
2. Soldado - he doesn't want to play again in Eng, he is gone, likely to Villareal. The sale £8-10mill will only secure Werner a kid with talent but no EPL experience and one for the future, expect limited input this yr.
Summary until Jan - Kane, Ade and cameo roles for Werner, Chadli up front. Coulthirst, i'm not willing to call that one. Unfortunately we won't get Berahino, but then WBA expectation of £25mill is too high, i'd want £14 and opt out at £18mill.

Defensive Mid -
1. I'd rather more goals than the other side, but it seems most saying this role is a must. If so then Bender say £12-14mill is the most likely with McCarthy more exxy as second choice.
2. If we need some more cash than I see Dembele £8-10mill, Carroll £5mill at risk of keeping squad manageable.

Right Mid -
1. My fav is Yarmolenko, worth a go at £12-14mill. On basis of style and goals is a potential upgrade of Townsend and will push Lamela to produce results.
2. To create this purchase can see Lennon £4-6mill, Townsend £10-12 mill needing to be sold.

Winks, Pritchard, Alli, Onomah, Oduwa will all get some time in 21's and cup games and as such should be retained until January.

If our current squad and above click I can see us hitting 4th if ManC run into some poor form/injuries/bad luck.

Well, it looks like they are trying to shift Ade, but there are no takers for obvious reasons.

If we have to go another year with him and Bobby as back up it is certainly a pity, but not the end of the world. They aren't Raziak and Andy Booth.

07-minister.jpg

Fans of Kiew want to see Yarmolenko leave - not because he has played shit - because they finally want to see him in the Premier League proving himself. They also appreciate the idea of him coming to us. He has one of year contract left and should leave this summer to become a top player.

Btw: Dont know if its been said yet, Rebrov is the manager of Kiew.

I agree the majority want them both out. I want Ade out and I can see the argument for selling Bobby.

But both of them have contracts we have to honour, so unless we can come to an agreement with other clubs they are staying.

The only other way is buy out their contracts.

Yes. Either way, need another striker to take the load off Kane. Poch showed his stubbornness last year, he'll run him into the ground rather than play the others.

The club read the forums to see what is going on, I'm cynical enough to believe that they'll leak stories to the papers of potential big money signing just to placate people.

People wonder why Levy and the club are being criticised it's because we've been in the situation before and more than once.

As much as I don't rate Poch he still deserves a proper crack at the job and the proper tools to do it.

Avb quote

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...-promises-transfers-andre-villas-boas-1480089

"The chairman proposed a challenge to increase Tottenham'scompetitive level, but immediately Modric left and we didn't get any of the targets I had identified, such as Joao Moutinho, Willian, Oscar or Leandro"

There's your quote asshole. Or are you going to try and deny this to????

You find the same quote here:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Tottenham-Chelsea-Oscar-Willian-transfer-news

The difference is, in the express article Tottenham gets to answer.

"It's unfortunate that Andre has felt the need to pass comments like these," a Spurs spokesperson told Press Association Sport.

"Not only has he attempted to rewrite history, he has clearly forgotten the facts."

There's also this:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-champions-league-win-product-3265951

AVB claiming he built the Chelsea side that won the CL.

Meaning you can't really trust anything that AVB says, as he's clearly fuckin mental.

You find the same quote here:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Tottenham-Chelsea-Oscar-Willian-transfer-news

The difference is, in the express article Tottenham gets to answer.

"It's unfortunate that Andre has felt the need to pass comments like these," a Spurs spokesperson told Press Association Sport.

"Not only has he attempted to rewrite history, he has clearly forgotten the facts."

There's also this:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-champions-league-win-product-3265951

WHN claiming he built the Chelsea side that won the CL.

Meaning you can't really trust anything that WHN says, as he's clearly fuckin mental.

Agreed, and as we've heard from Rafa he wasnt even a first choice player for WHN yet he whines about losing him.

Jeeeez i would be happy with this signing.

I've seen him quite a bit (i stated pros and cons a few days ago). He is extremely skilful and can spot a pass (we certainly need added creativity). He plays better as a AMC then he does any other position.

He lacks real pace though which is an issue. I think we need some genuine pace in our team as a front 4 of Lamela, Yarmolenko, Eriksen and Kane isn't exactly 'fast'. I would still sign him though for sureeee.....he is similar to Januzaj is playing style.

Jeeeez i would be happy with this signing.

I've seen him quite a bit (i stated pros and cons a few days ago). He is extremely skilful and can spot a pass (we certainly need added creativity). He plays better as a AMC then he does any other position.

He lacks real pace though which is an issue. I think we need some genuine pace in our team as a front 4 of Lamela, Yarmolenko, Eriksen and Kane isn't exactly 'fast'. I would still sign him though for sureeee.....he is similar to Januzaj is playing style.

If we wanted pace we wouldnt be getting rid of one of the fastest players in europe.

Your criticism of Poch was that he didn't give them more game time.

They could have helped while we were paying them 180 odd grand a week between them to sit on their arses if Poch had the ability to utilise 2 strikers.

He doesnt, and didnt, and now they are up for sale.

So it would be nothing less than a complete disaster to start the season with them, and you trying make out like it wouldnt be that bad clearly shows how its finally sinking in that we may well not improve up top by deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom