Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I gave three highlights of last season. Getting to play in the last 32 of a European tournament is something 84 British league teams can only dream of. There are arguably 3 teams that had a better season than us last year. Cheer up. It is not the end of the world.

But according to some we should know our level, who do we think we are, we can't expect to compete (£ or pitch) with others etc etc

All transfers are a gamble but if Poch really wants him then I don't see why it's beyond us as a club to back the manager.

I mean look at all the cheap buys we have done like Stambouli, didn't work or the expensive ones by Baldini. It's not about the amount of cash, I would love Berahino if he was cheap, it's more that it would be nice to have a manager fully backed and so far this window in terms of removing the deadwood and signing defenders he seems to have been.

It would be just a shame if we ended up with a second or third choice striker for the sake of 2-3 million extra quid.

Personally I rate berahino at 15 million. I reckon we will offer 20 max. And I'd be happy at that. Any more though and it's too big a gamble. He has only had one good season after all.

Give the manager the players he wants otherwise why bother employing him?

Also saving a few quid by haggling for the next 4 weeks could cost us the points which deny us a top four place....

아니, 단지 약간 더 나은 시즌을 가지고 다른 팀과 함께 (당신에 따라 그래서 긴장감이 부족했다) 우리의 계절을 비교하여 얼마나 우스꽝스러운 당신의 주장에 우리는 재앙의 시대에 살고 있음을 나타 내기 위해 시도했습니다.
어쨌든, 난 당신이 밖으로 '라고 생각했다?
당신을 만나서 다행 어쨌든 9 새로운 선수를위한 당신의 수요를 감소시켰다. 이제 어떻게 당신을위한 성공으로 간주? 아니면 우리는 '나는 당신이 너무 ... (바보 웃는 다음)에게'당신은 항상 막대를 이동 할 당신은 우리가 결과의 접착 패치가있을 때 다시 와서 말할 수 있도록이 실패했습니다 무엇을 말

And spent about 60 million less. I'd say we're doing better than okay.

I'd rather we did smart business than business for the hell of it.

Liverpool spend big and get their targets. But they haven't been successful in the market for years. I'm happier not spending big money on players who turn out to be shit for us.

Why have you hooked onto Pool so much? Id like to do smart business to...like Palace, Utd, Villa and Newcastle have. Identitfy a target, negotiate, pay the fee, sign the player and give him a few weeks with the team.

Is it that difficult? We did it three times with defence already.

Give the manager the players he wants otherwise why bother employing him?

Also saving a few quid by haggling for the next 4 weeks could cost us the points which deny us a top four place....

How though? Berahino would likely come in as a rotation option, he wouldn't replace Kane in those opening weeks.

Why have you hooked onto Pool so much? Id like to do smart business to...like Palace, Utd, Villa and Newcastle have.

Liverpool are our closest competitors. The difference is they are spunking money and still failing. Palace have bought cabaye which may or may not be great. Frankly, all of these teams could have bought players who won't work out and haven't improved them at all. Our first eleven got us 5th last year. They are all young and can do it again.

And we have strengthened. We just haven't sold our strikers to replace them yet.

I would love to replace mason though.

Or he comes on and doesn't? This is all very much speculation.

Frankly I'm mad at you even risking jinxing kane.

Yes it is, but we stand a lot more chance of securing extra points in August with the players at the club then rather than not.

Likes, or its what we have?

Berahino can play wide, so Im sure he would play with Kane. If we sign him and play Townsend or Lamela in front of him, I will fucking stab myself in the eyes
What's your beef with Lamela?

Showed serious signs of improvement and getting to grips with the league towards the end of last season.

Certainly not in the Townsend category.

Likes, or its what we have?

Berahino can play wide, so Im sure he would play with Kane. If we sign him and play Townsend or Lamela in front of him, I will fucking stab myself in the eyes

Personally I like lamela. He's a very technical player with great movement. He also works very hard for the team, harder than I feel berahino works. And Poch likes his players to earn their place. Nobody will just walk into his squad without good work in training.

The window runs right through until about the 1st of september. Deals happen very quickly in football. I'm not worried. Frankly, I'd be more worried about us starting the season with 4 strikers. It makes no sense buying a new striker until we are guaranteed that either Ade or Soldado's huge wages are off of our books. If we are paying them, we should be playing them. So until we sell one or both, striker isn't a huge concern for me, as I'm sure when they are sold they will be replaced.

Last I heard was Ade wasn't in the manager's plans, he's not training with the first team. And isn't Soldado currently cutting shapes in Space, Ibiza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom