Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all the people saying "dont melt" etc etc etc, reserve the right to melt in a week if we get dicked 4-0 at Old Trafford...

Rightio, good one.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time we have been beaten by them putting 4 past us, away or at home.
We don't really win there, or against them that often do we.
Anyway, how many times have we won at OT since 1992? If I remember right we have managed not to lose just the 4 times since the conception of the EPL, winning twice & 2 draws.
We have only won 5 times in all 46 EPL meetings haven't we? 3 times we have beaten them at home in the EPL and I managed to be there for 2 of them.
I wouldn't melt if we lost. I'd go mad if we won.

See this is the issue I have. I don't want a high net spend (define high anyway, £5m, £10m or City levels?).

But you can't dress up a zero net spend as anything but a general short-changing and even a failure when you're having to flog out most of your recent signings at a loss individually and, having had 4 managers in 3 years.

Bottom of net table spend and finishing 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th is lucky-old-us for some, how dare we aspire to more or we can't catch the top 4 anyway so why bother. I think it says that with some more money spent smartly at the right times and who knows what might have been. Maybe not tons of inadequate players following falling just short of 3rd and 4th and therefore watching players leave for Champions League or not coming to us because we don't have it.
This is the main beef I would have with the senior management.

If a manager gets us 4th or 5th with a net spend of zero, why sack them? We should give them a bonus! I hope and believe that this penny has dropped now, and Poch is with us for the next ten years.

yh if.....

im pretty sure whoever we sign now probably wont start against utd, even the players we are linked with are not exactly going to be nailed on starters yet. they're good players with potential ur idea that we go and sign a number of players then play them against utd is fucking crap especially when u consider poch's system being based on teamwork and understanding

and ur negativity is draining...

As draining as your:

12255-everything-will-be-ok.jpg

The fact you think its too late for a new signing to face Utd sums up part of the problem here..

Well, it wouldn't be the first time we have been beaten by them putting 4 past us, away or at home.
We don't really win there, or against them that often do we.
Anyway, how many times have we won at OT since 1992? If I remember right we have managed not to lose just the 4 times since the conception of the EPL, winning twice & 2 draws.
We have only won 5 times in all 46 EPL meetings haven't we? 3 times we have beaten them at home in the EPL and I managed to be there for 2 of them.
I wouldn't melt if we lost. I'd go mad if we won.

Tim Sherwood won up there but lets fuck it eh cos of the last 100 years....another game written off because we didnt address the fact we are fairly shit.

Getting laughable now.

Edit: Oh dont tell me, Utd were shit then.....but now they are not.
Could that be because they addressed their issues...

Last edited:
It is a recognized fact how we deal with transfers

‘Tottenham tried to sign me in June 2012. But in the end everything became a bit weird. I didn’t really like the way things were done. If Spurs ever came back in for me, I’d say no.’
Aubameyang

Speaking at a press conference in his native Bulgaria, Berbatov said: "I had a meeting with a representative of Manchester United and he told me that they have been following me for a while.

"But Tottenham showed me clearly how much they want me there and United wasn't really convincing."

I think sammyspurs sammyspurs is being quite reasonable. (For once lol :adebaehug:)

We did some early business with the defence which was a priority for sure. However we all know and the club must know that we are also woefully short in the striker department (as usual) the coaching staff must have a top target, and levy really should be getting that player if the top 4 clubs aren't in for them. We are one of the wealthiest clubs in Europe and a top 5 team with an amazing training ground. 100k per week for a top player should not be beyond us occasionally. We gave that to ade for fuck sake.

It took several windows and an 86 million sale for levy to finally put his hand deep In his pocket for a 'proven' European striker in soldado and then it fucked up, so I don't necessarily blame him for feeling reluctant to splash the cash.
However, it would have been much better if we could have finished off at least the preferred match day squad before the season starts and leave deadline day to picking up bargain value squad players that the manager likes the look of.

Im Not panicking but I'm not fully comfortable with our squad at the moment either. Unless dele alli really is that amazing that he transforms our attack into a swashbuckling menace!
Bar the Baldini bonanza I'd say most of our windows have been more or less the same story. High hopes of star players only to end up with the 4th or 5th on the list, whilst clubs like Southampton inexplicably pick up absolute gems. So I think we can be forgiven for being mildly concerned. We just don't need to go head long into the relentless agenda driven levy bashing (yet)

On the positive side, getting the defenders in early and no major injuries means that they at least should be much better drilled this year. Good seasons are generally built on a solid defence. Just pray Kane does the business again and lamela finally fulfils his potential in his 2nd full season.

As draining as your:

12255-everything-will-be-ok.jpg

The fact you think its too late for a new signing to face Utd sums up part of the problem here..
i said the signings we are being linked with, to be honest i think most players we have been linked with don't actually seem like upgrades to our starting 11but more like competition which is why i think we may be waiting to see who comes available towards end of window. if we signed say an international CM with 50 caps to his name then yh im sure he's at the standard to walk into the team but were not being linked to players of this quality at the moment

i think a 1st 11 of lloris, rose, verts, toby, walker, bentaleb, dembele, mason, eriksen, kane and lamela is pretty decent. i would play them 433 although im not sure if anyone is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom