Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pmsl. Listening to "tainted love" on the radio & this dude has the moves for that tune down to a tee.

I'll be honest I thought it looked like the "Is this the way to Amarillo?" walk from the Peter Kay version

I was going to paste the youtube then realised it was basically a yewtree who's who, Saville and all sorts Kay had in there!

Ward Prowse is likely going to be the best English deep lying playmaker since Scholsey . With Schneiderlin gone next season, he'll become a permanent 1st teamer playing with Wanyama beside him. I could see him joining Utd/City in 3 years time and also become the most important player in national team if he lives up to his potential.

Steady now sonny ,just because it,s school holidays you still have to behave,now go and tidy your room ,or you won,t be able to stay up and watch the football tomorrow.
ha ha. good 1. very original to. not heard those kind of jibes before xxx

Of course there is a chance. I think Poch would rather just develop what we have though. Ward-Prowse is no better in central midfield than Bentaleb.
agreed. although ward-prowse is really good at set pieces. but bentalebs better defensively. go all out for schniderlin. they offered 10m for townsend. so offer him in part exchange & 15m.

No chance of him coming here then?
270058_450229138373009_491019841_n.jpg

agreed. although ward-prowse is really good at set pieces. but bentalebs better defensively. go all out for schniderlin. they offered 10m for townsend. so offer him in part exchange & 15m.

Ward-Prowse is exceptional at free kicks. Perhaps not directly from a free kick considering he has 0 goals to his name in 80 odd appearances but his corners and indirect free kicks are damn good. I don't think Bentaleb/Ward-Prowse makes a good central midfield pairing, I wouldn't even play him central midfield anyway.

pjanic always impresses me (only see him about 5 times a season). looks classy. suprised he only 24. will be coming in to his prime too. swap for lamela?!!

Ward-Prowse is exceptional at free kicks. Perhaps not directly from a free kick considering he has 0 goals to his name in 80 odd appearances but his corners and indirect free kicks are damn good. I don't think Bentaleb/Ward-Prowse makes a good central midfield pairing, I wouldn't even play him central midfield anyway.
yeh his crosees from free kicks & corners are really good. accurate & he can really whip them in.

We should've also signed Sanson instead of Stambouli.

Redmond was amazing last night, dunno why he's still in championship he would be a quality player for a midtable/ top 10 team club. Also the likes of Hughes and Foster Caskey should be playing in premier league. All of those German youngsters are playing in top flight on weekly basis and their qualities aren't that different compared to our youngsters.

Maybe this new HGPR will help to reduce high number of mediocre foreign players so these young local talents could get more game time in top flight.

Last edited:
World class is a massive push
Exactly! People would have considered Lamela to be world class coming off his Serie A season. But main issue is, it is a different league with a completely different style. The jump from La Liga is much easier than from Serie A because the style between Premier League and Seria A is miles apart!

How many big name signings from Serie A can you recall being successes in the premier league. For every player you name, I can name three players who have flopped!

If Pjanic joins us, he will struggle and he doesn't suit our style. I feel signing attackers and midfielders (Except central midfield) from Serie A is a massive risk. Defenders possibly can't be that bad.

its not his fault u cant see how if they were to beat the teams around us it would benefit us. if we needed chelsea to beat say southampton for us to get 4th, ud be the too im true spurs fan to realise its a good thing if chelsea won. u & a few other true spurs fans would be wanting southampton to win because u would rather die than want chelsea to win. it happens all the time. people on here glad when chelsea & city got knocked out the fa cup. some will be if blackburn knock liverpool out next week. basically handing the fa cup to our most hated rivals. u got to lean to make compromises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom