Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
a PSG fan, that knows somethings inside the club just told me that Hugo has a 20M euros clause if we don't get Champions League Football, i'm praying that this is a lie :lloris:
That sounds like complete and utter horseshit from the supporter of a foreign club that has never done business with Daniel Levy.

20m Euro is fuck all for a keeper of his caliber and he's mistaking some dream he had in his sleep last week for an actual conversation.

Steady now sonny ,just because it,s school holidays you still have to behave,now go and tidy your room ,or you won,t be able to stay up and watch the football tomorrow.
lover,s, hater,s, fighter,s, nutter,s, weirdo,s, lifer,s, asses,s professor,s,

That sounds like complete and utter horseshit from the supporter of a foreign club that has never done business with Daniel Levy.

20m Euro is fuck all for a keeper of his caliber and he's mistaking some dream he had in his sleep last week for an actual conversation.
i know i know, but the guy is the real deal, he's like best friend with Sakho now in Liverpool, they were neighboors in Paris, i know him too and he's not a liar, but let's hope you are right.

i know i know, but the guy is the real deal, he's like best friend with Sakho now in Liverpool, they were neighboors in Paris, i know him too and he's not a liar, but let's hope you are right.

Looks like the press are picking up on this story as well, I wouldn't actually be surprised if Hugo had demanded such a clause but for such a small amount is crazy if it's true.

Sell....

Paulinho
Soldado
Chiriches
Kaboul
Carroll
Holtby
Lennon
Ade

Approx £50m

Buy.....

Wimmer
Ings
Bale

Approx £85m and wages neutral ish.

Hopefully our young defenders will improve gradually and the Mason/Bentaleb pairing will flourish with Stambouli as holding cover, again hopefully he settles in and adapts more.
Just drop Dembele deeper when need be, he only needs to pass it to Bale or Eriksen.

We'd then have 2 x 20-30 goal players in the team and Eriksen to chip in. If Lamela is then ever worth his fee we really would have some serious firepower.

Our first 11 could beat anybody.

Easy

lol just lol if serious

Wimmer also said this:

"For me, the transfer is a big step. A step with which I can develop myself. That's why I want to take the chance."I'm not someone who wants to stop developing. That is why England would be the next step. I'm playing in Germany. This is pretty much the best league in the world. The English Premier League is the only one that can match that. For me, the English league would be a great challenge. There I can develop, because it's very demanding. I'm a fan of English football. It would be a dream to move to a top club like Tottenham."

he knows, the article was posted 6 hours ago and he told me before that. Today, but before, like i said, he have inside friends there.

Why would inside sources tell him about a release clause? That is the kind of info that usually isn't shared around for everyone to know. Sorry mate. I don't believe that there is such a clause. Nothing against you or your mate. I simply don't think that's the case. Levy is a lot, but he's not stupid.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/t...elease-clause-tottenham-contract-sold-summer/

Why would inside sources tell him about a release clause? That is the kind of info that usually isn't shared around for everyone to know. Sorry mate. I don't believe that there is such a clause. Nothing against you or your mate. I simply don't think that's the case. Levy is a lot, but he's not stupid.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/t...elease-clause-tottenham-contract-sold-summer/
i hope you are right mate, i want Lloris to stay with us forever. Just wanted to share a possible story :)

Look at this way.

We bought Lloris for 15 million euro's.
Lyon get 20% of whatever we sell him for.
20 million euro's buy out clause = we gain 16 million euros.

There's no way Levy would sell one of the best goal keepers in the world for basically £700,000 profit.

Look at this way.

We bought Lloris for 15 million euro's.
Lyon get 20% of whatever we sell him for.
20 million euro's buy out clause = we gain 16 million euros.

There's no way Levy would sell one of the best goal keepers in the world for basically £700,000 profit.
I agree with you, but what if that was the only way we could get him? By inserting a clause like this Lloris retains control over his career.

Of course there is a chance. I think Poch would rather just develop what we have though. Ward-Prowse is no better in central midfield than Bentaleb.

Ward Prowse is a totally different player to Bentaleb though. The comparison is almost moot. I look at him as more of a Tommy Carroll type player and I think he has the potential to be far better than TC, as much as I love him.

Pjanic is world class, will never come to us $$$$$

I realise it has already been said but it really irks me when people say someone like Pjanic is world class. There are only a handful of truly world class players still playing the game, it's a term that should be used a lot more sparingly than it is.

Buy.....

Wimmer
Ings
Bale

Wait, just one second, you seriously believe we could sign Bale.

I agree with you, but what if that was the only way we could get him? By inserting a clause like this Lloris retains control over his career.

That is possible but I can't see Levy getting that hung up on a player (as good as Hugo is) that he would allow a clause like that to be written in the contract.

That is possible but I can't see Levy getting that hung up on a player (as good as Hugo is) that he would allow a clause like that to be written in the contract.
It's just possible that Levy was aware that he could get one of the best keepers in the world for 3 years, and had to put the calculator away for a bit - I'm obviously playing devil's advocate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom