Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should've also signed Sanson instead of Stambouli.

Redmond was amazing last night, dunno why he's still in championship he would be a quality player for a midtable/ top 10 team club. Also the likes of Hughes and Foster Caskey should be playing in premier league. All of those German youngsters are playing in top flight on weekly basis and their qualities aren't that different compared to our youngsters.

Maybe this new HGPR will help to reduce high number of mediocre foreign players so these young local talents could get more game time in top flight.
it definitly makes senses to have not many foreign players in the lower leagues. theres no need for it. after the championship i think they should cap it to just 5 non homegrown players. i dont know how hard that would be to implement. i was going to say the championship too. but i guess its to much of a change between the premiership & that division

it definitly makes senses to have not many foreign players in the lower leagues. theres no need for it. after the championship i think they should cap it to just 5 non homegrown players. i dont know how hard that would be to implement. i was going to say the championship too. but i guess its to much of a change between the premiership & that division

It's expensive to develop players to the level required, that's why it doesn't make sense. It's far cheaper and easier to sign a player from a foreign league that has much more experience and skill. These clubs need a larger chunk of the TV money if the FA were to implement bigger restrictions on their squads.

It's expensive to develop players to the level required, that's why it doesn't make sense. It's far cheaper and easier to sign a player from a foreign league that has much more experience and skill. These clubs need a larger chunk of the TV money if the FA were to implement bigger restrictions on their squads.
good point. i think the lower league clubs should get a lot more of the tv revenue. i think they should get much more help. especially from the premiership teams. we should help them out more. man city & utd should play bury or oldham in pre season with all the ££ going to the little clubs. us, Woolwich & chelsea should be playing your watfords, brentfords & barnets. again with the little team getting the ££. i am probably offending them all by saying little team. also i think they should get a much bigger cut of the ££ from televised cup games between the premiership teams & lower league teams. i know its more complicated than i make it sound. u could get a richer championship team playing a poorer premiership team. but u could put things in place so there has to be a minimum difference in terms of wealth etc.

Excuse my ignorance but are you implying that developing Kane, Bentaleb, Pritchard etc is more expensive than signing Capoue, Chadli and Chiriches?

In short the new HGPR encourages signing the likes of Lloris and Vertonghen but strongly against buying the Capoues and Paulinhos who do not improve the team at all hinder the development of the Masons.

This rule will significantly reduce the number of average foreign players and there will be more 1st team opportunities for local academy players.

Sell....

Paulinho
Soldado
Chiriches
Kaboul
Carroll
Holtby
Lennon
Ade

Approx £50m

Buy.....

Wimmer
Ings
Bale

Approx £85m and wages neutral ish.

Hopefully our young defenders will improve gradually and the Mason/Bentaleb pairing will flourish with Stambouli as holding cover, again hopefully he settles in and adapts more.
Just drop Dembele deeper when need be, he only needs to pass it to Bale or Eriksen.

We'd then have 2 x 20-30 goal players in the team and Eriksen to chip in. If Lamela is then ever worth his fee we really would have some serious firepower.

Our first 11 could beat anybody.

Easy

In short the new HGPR encourages signing the likes of Lloris and Vertonghen but strongly against buying the Capoues and Paulinhos who do not improve the team at all hinder the development of the Masons.

This rule will significantly reduce the number of average foreign players and there will be more 1st team opportunities for local academy players.

I think when we bought Capoue and Paulinho we kind of expected them to be at the Verts/Lloris level but probably didn't scout well enough in the first instance, they both came to us with quite a reputation and have failed pretty amazingly.

Agree with the HGRP though, need to help young players, will also hopefully begin to erode some of the power of the plastics like Chavs and City, meaning they will have to develop rather than just throw money around.

pjanic always impresses me (only see him about 5 times a season). looks classy. suprised he only 24. will be coming in to his prime too. swap for lamela?!!

He's a fantastic player but I don't think Roma would even consider letting him go. He's their best and most important player by some distance and
I think when we bought Capoue and Paulinho we kind of expected them to be at the Verts/Lloris level but probably didn't scout well enough in the first instance, they both came to us with quite a reputation and have failed pretty amazingly.

Agree with the HGRP though, need to help young players, will also hopefully begin to erode some of the power of the plastics like Chavs and City, meaning they will have to develop rather than just throw money around.

Definitely in the case of Paulinho, but considering Cardiff were the only other team that went in for Capoue I'm not sure we ever expected him to be a starter. Safe to say he never will be.

Excuse my ignorance but are you implying that developing Kane, Bentaleb, Pritchard etc is more expensive than signing Capoue, Chadli and Chiriches?

We're talking about lower leagues here, so the comparison isn't really applicable. However, the theory still applies. Sure, we're in a bit of a purple patch with the academy coming through, but think how much it has cost the club to upgrade the facilities, employ the best academy staff, pay the wages for the players (they're not on peanuts, let's remember, Kane was on £10k a week before this season), pay for transport fees for tournaments internationally. It soon adds up and if the club fails to make a player capable of pushing for a space in a team that's ultimately aiming for top four, it just isn't worth it compared to signing a ready made option from France etc.

For the lower league teams who don't have the money the TV deal provides, how do they justify that sort of outlay hoping a player from within their catchment area (which is often shared by a PL club, who hoover the top talent) will be good enough to play for them, let alone several players to fill a squad. By forcing them to field an 'x' amount of homegrown players, you'll just be furthering the gap between the top league and those below it. It's a nice idea but doesn't really work, there needs to be a greater share of the TV deal that filters down the competitions, however we all know every PL club will be fighting tooth and nail to get as much of those billions of pounds as they can.

ha ha. good 1. very original to. not heard those kind of jibes before xxx
tumblr_n15xlsPMv51toatypo1_500.gif

Sell....

Paulinho
Soldado
Chiriches
Kaboul
Carroll
Holtby
Lennon
Ade

Approx £50m

Buy.....

Wimmer
Ings
Bale

Approx £85m and wages neutral ish.

Hopefully our young defenders will improve gradually and the Mason/Bentaleb pairing will flourish with Stambouli as holding cover, again hopefully he settles in and adapts more.
Just drop Dembele deeper when need be, he only needs to pass it to Bale or Eriksen.

We'd then have 2 x 20-30 goal players in the team and Eriksen to chip in. If Lamela is then ever worth his fee we really would have some serious firepower.

Our first 11 could beat anybody.

Easy
You've played too much fifa mate

We're talking about lower leagues here, so the comparison isn't really applicable. However, the theory still applies. Sure, we're in a bit of a purple patch with the academy coming through, but think how much it has cost the club to upgrade the facilities, employ the best academy staff, pay the wages for the players (they're not on peanuts, let's remember, Kane was on £10k a week before this season), pay for transport fees for tournaments internationally. It soon adds up and if the club fails to make a player capable of pushing for a space in a team that's ultimately aiming for top four, it just isn't worth it compared to signing a ready made option from France etc.

For the lower league teams who don't have the money the TV deal provides, how do they justify that sort of outlay hoping a player from within their catchment area (which is often shared by a PL club, who hoover the top talent) will be good enough to play for them, let alone several players to fill a squad. By forcing them to field an 'x' amount of homegrown players, you'll just be furthering the gap between the top league and those below it. It's a nice idea but doesn't really work, there needs to be a greater share of the TV deal that filters down the competitions, however we all know every PL club will be fighting tooth and nail to get as much of those billions of pounds as they can.
I'm sorry, but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read

iam just happy i made 2 people laugh. i love how u bring up credibility on a football internet forum ha ha. internet & credibility just dont go. next u will tell me how credible internets wikipedia is too. hmm i am sure that names familiar. oh & who are u anyway? just someone with a big ego it seems.
1392004786480_tumblr_n0rgg5e69p1qfvao1o2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom