Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is nothing to suggest we are vying for the title. what makes u think that?

The goal in 1-2 years will be top 4. What about after that? We just stop having goals and settle with finishing 4th? No, obviously at some point if we progress how Levy expects his managers to progress he'll want us to be vying for the title.

Not when he's motivated. We've seen how little of a waste of time he can be when he so chooses.
Yeah, forgot that he's going to be AHEAD of Costa or even Remy. As the journalists state, he's more than likely looked at as a replacement for Drogba. How many games has he played this season by the way?

[itk="27th March 2015, out, Eye Football, Various, SC, 5, rumour"]
Source: Trix (SC)

Ade
finally got the message and his agent is now actively looking for another club for him. We will subsidise his wages to some extent, but that will depend on a number of factors and where he goes. My man thinks it will probably entail a season long loan that will effectively end his contract, and allow him his last big pay day signing on fee from some other mugs. We have been here before though so won't be holding my breath.

Lennon Mate thinks he is on the up and is sorting himself out. Has burned bridges with more than just MP though so will take an awful lot to get back into the fold(if at all) but never say never. Am told he has no interest in moving to Everton full time though.

Depay Was top of the list for this summer but the lack of encouragement from his people has us paying far more attention to other potential variables now. We have asked to be kept in the loop, but believe this is already done to elsewhere as far as the player is concerned

Incomings As I have said before, lots of players being looked at and we are looking to do as much of our business as possible early. Wimmer is very close, and we are actively talking to two other clubs regarding players. The focus is very much on young and hungry, and I would expect 2-3(including Alli) regardless of outgoings.

Yanited, LVG and Bale. Didin't want Di Maria,and doesn't particularly want Bale. They have shown an interest but this is from above LVG. Bale would 100% come back to Spurs if the numbers could be worked out, and if the manager wanted him. That said is more than happy at Madrid and will only leave if Madrid tell him he is no longer wanted there. (my source on this is excellent).
[/itk]

I'm fairly sure the way it was reported was that Levy blocked the move over more than just the wage bill.
AFTER YOUR LAST SPENDING SPREE MR BALDINI YOU CAN ............FFFFFUCK OFF TWAT
images

The goal in 1-2 years will be top 4. What about after that? We just stop having goals and settle with finishing 4th? No, obviously at some point if we progress how Levy expects his managers to progress he'll want us to be vying for the title.
exactly. we our currently vying for top 4. not the title. theres no point guessing what happens next as part of your argument. or else u could say what if we relegated? then we would be vying for a place in the premiership. currently we are vying for top 4.

As far as I can figure, we're on step number 3 of the grieving process:

The stages, popularly known by the acronym DABDA, include:[2]

1. Denial — One of the first reactions is Denial, wherein the survivor imagines a false, preferable reality.
  2. Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, it becomes frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would God let this happen?".
  3. Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Other times, they will use anything valuable against another human agency to extend or prolong the life. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise.
  4. Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
    During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the certainty of death. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.
  5. Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
    In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.

Maybe...just maybe...everyone who still struggles with Bale leaving will hit the state of acceptance by 2036.

The goal within the next year or two (and based on our better performances this year, it is certainly achievable) would be to reach a competitive level on par with what Chelsea is able to do over the course of the season,thus they are a rival.

So, within the space of a single year you want us to compete with the team that's running away with the premier league title, whilst building a new stadium and, I assume, little investment into the first team as a result?

If we can make Chelsea win as many games as possible this only benefits us, in the short term at least. We're not going to challenge for the title next year and probably not the year after.

[itk="27th March 2015, out, Eye Football, Various, SC, 5, rumour"]
Source: Trix (SC)

Yanited, LVG and Bale. Didin't want Di Maria,and doesn't particularly want Bale. They have shown an interest but this is from above LVG. Bale would 100% come back to Spurs if the numbers could be worked out, and if the manager wanted him. That said is more than happy at Madrid and will only leave if Madrid tell him he is no longer wanted there. (my source on this is excellent).
[/itk]
The chances of this are about the same as finding Bigfoot living in Finsbury Park.

The chances of this are about the same as finding Bigfoot living in Finsbury Park.

I once saw Bigfoot walking through Hampstead Heath with his kids and dog but he seemed more like a Hackney type of chap so who knows?

your spellings correct but your argument is not. id rather have crap spelling & speak sense than spell well & talk crap like u are. vying for the title. ha ha. lock him up

Chelsea isn't a lock to win the title year in and out, therefore they are also vying for top four. Ergo, that makes them our rivals in the hunt for a spot in the top four. Chelsea is also based in London -- making any match against them a derby -- meaning they're a rival. Your spelling and your understanding of basic sporting principles are both pretty terrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom