Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Mourinho in charge when Real Madrid brought him in on loan? May have SOME legs, although it's probably based off that fact.

Our chairman is not going to sell a striker with obvious talent to a top 4 rival.
Top 4 Rival? We aren't getting anywhere near Chelsea. It's only a loan. They will pay his wages no doubt, he will be able to take points off the teams around us without being able to play against us when we trounce those cunts 5-3.

Top 4 Rival? We aren't getting anywhere near Chelsea. It's only a loan. They will pay his wages no doubt, he will be able to take points off the teams around us without being able to play against us when we trounce those cunts 5-3.

The goal within the next year or two (and based on our better performances this year, it is certainly achievable) would be to reach a competitive level on par with what Chelsea is able to do over the course of the season,thus they are a rival. Giving a troubled (but obviously talented) player to a team with a manager capable of getting the best out of players doesn't really help us. It would be far more beneficial to send him far, far away where he can't do us all that much harm if he wakes up and decides to be at his best to spite the way he's felt he's been treated while at Spurs (a la his performances for us while he was loaned out by City).

If Levy wouldn't send him to West Ham, he sure as hell won't send him to Chelsea. Helping another team maximize the amount of points they achieve in a season isn't really a success for Spurs....

makes me chuckle when fans think we are rivals of teams who are going to probably win the title. dont look at the table. u might have a heart attack.

The goal within the next year or two (and based on our better performances this year, it is certainly achievable) would be to reach a competitive level on par with what Chelsea is able to do over the course of the season,thus they are a rival. Giving a troubled (but obviously talented) player to a team with a manager capable of getting the best out of players doesn't really help us. It would be far more beneficial to send him far, far away where he can't do us all that much harm if he wakes up and decides to be at his best to spite the way he's felt he's been treated while at Spurs (a la his performances for us while he was loaned out by City).

If Levy wouldn't send him to West Ham, he sure as hell won't send him to Chelsea. Helping another team maximize the amount of points they achieve in a season isn't really a success for Spurs....
West Ham wouldn't have able to take him off the wage bill. Chelsea will. The only we get send him to Chelsea is if they are paying 100% of his wages, which helps us. Isn't his contract up at the end of next season? That'd be perfect.

Fuck him. Fully motivated he is good. No where near Chelseas level, if they want him to be back up to Costa and Remy, so be it. I couldn't give a toss about him.

West Ham wouldn't have able to take him off the wage bill. Chelsea will. The only we get send him to Chelsea is if they are paying 100% of his wages, which helps us. Isn't his contract up at the end of next season? That'd be perfect.

Fuck him. Fully motivated he is good. No where near Chelseas level, if they want him to be back up to Costa and Remy, so be it. I couldn't give a toss about him.

I am not so secretly hoping that he comes to MLS. For some reason I see him signing for Dallas, arriving at the airport in boots and a Stetson, do a brief line dance with the fans and then hop up into a F-350 with aftermarket vertical exhausts and speed off to his new 8 bedroom 8 bath home that costs a whole $450k.

makes me chuckle when fans think we are rivals of teams who are going to probably win the title. dont look at the table. u might have a heart attack.

makes me chuckle when some fans don't understand what a rival is -- it doesn't indicate any particular skill level, it indicates that both clubs are vying for the same thing. Spurs are far off from being title winners, sure, but that doesn't mean it isn't the goal. Chelsea are most certainly our rivals.

I'm fairly sure the way it was reported was that Levy blocked the move over more than just the wage bill.

I'm fairly sure the way it was reported was that Levy blocked the move over more than just the wage bill.
Most probably. Wage bill would have been part of it. There would be no problem us selling Adebayor to West Ham in the summer (if they paid his wages) or even selling the likes of Capoue to them. At the time however, they were doing a lot better than they are now and were technically still in with a shout of challenging for Europe. We are not on Chelseas level and won't be until further investment or success. Selling Adebayor to them benefits us.

makes me chuckle when some fans don't understand what a rival is -- it doesn't indicate any particular skill level, it indicates that both clubs are vying for the same thing. Spurs are far off from being title winners, sure, but that doesn't mean it isn't the goal. Chelsea are most certainly our rivals.
there is nothing to suggest we are vying for the title. what makes u think that?

Makes me chuckle when folks have watched the way Levy operates for years and then thinks he's going to ship Ade off to Chelsea because some shit journalists say so lol
When has anyone said he is going to ship him out because of what journalists say? We are voicing our opinion on Adebayor to Chelsea. The majority of us wouldn't give a fuck if they pay his wages. The guys a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom