Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
His defensive workrate and tracking back have always been underrated. I said all last season that Rose was suffering with Eriksen playing on the left wing.
Eriksen doesn't do Rose's running for him. Rose was lazy last season. Just my opinion. Only Kane comes close to Eriksen's workrate - that's not to say he's running in the right direction, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Not sure about Chadli - goes missing to often for me.

Eriksen doesn't do Rose's running for him. Rose was lazy last season. Just my opinion. Only Kane comes close to Eriksen's workrate - that's not to say he's running in the right direction, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Not sure about Chadli - goes missing to often for me.
Also perfectly valid. I mean, I'm not criticizing Eriksen at all, and certainly not at the expense of Chadli, but I do think that in Chadli's limited appearances last season he really papered over a weak Rose, whereas Eriksen isn't really the type that either wants or needs to be tied down into carrying someone else.

I've been looking so much at other areas of our play that Rose has completely slipped by me recently, apart from his bursts forward.

Fair points - Rose was a weak link last year, but no one would doubt he's improved a lot this year. I shouldn't be in this thread to be honest - I just don't know what to make of Chadli.

Edit: Ha, I thought this was the Chadli thread - I'll just carry on waffling then.

Last edited:
Also perfectly valid. I mean, I'm not criticizing Eriksen at all, and certainly not at the expense of Chadli, but I do think that in Chadli's limited appearances last season he really papered over a weak Rose, whereas Eriksen isn't really the type that either wants or needs to be tied down into carrying someone else.

I've been looking so much at other areas of our play that Rose has completely slipped by me recently, apart from his bursts forward.

Rose has been good pretty much back to front from what I can see, hard working, intelligent, skillful to boot, amazing considering last year, I always thought he had talent but under AVB and Sherwood his attitude was laxadasical and wasn't sure if he had a future with us being a bit lazy, this season his fitness and attitude are a world away and his talent is now coming to the forefront. If he keeps up his performances till the end of the year he could challenge Bentaleb and Eriksen as most important outfield player (Kane excepted) and quite simply he doesn't just deserve to be in the England squad, he deserves to be the starter, there is no better English left back right now. Can't believe I am saying this.

In regards to Eriksen, Chadli and Townsend their pressing is the part that worries me and when I look at our control of the game and the ability of teams to counter us it's those three that stick out. Eriksen works hard but is a light weight, Chadli in his last game wandered around the pitch in a dazed trace for much of it (maybe his dad's passing is still affecting him) and Townsend is positional awful. I feel sorry for Mason and Bentaleb who must feel like they are covering every blade of grass because of this. We really need a David Silva/Narsi type player up there to play more intelligent between the lines and stop us being so bullied in that area so we can slow/speed up play and not lose the ball so easily and constantly get hit on the counter. Lamela is a better presser than Townsend as I think someone mentioned earlier, I wouldn't mind seeing Lamela and Dembele back in the side.

Apart from Pitchard wondering who realistically can fill these holes.

Last edited:
Didn't know he played football.

Sorry. Ban me.
oh-no-you-dittent.jpg

We have one functioning striker at the moment. A backup who could contribute in a real way would be nice. No idea if Zaza is that guy though, but good that we're looking for Ade/Soldado replacements.
True but I don't think Zaza would move abroad to sit on the bench. He's 23 and rising and there's plenty of teams where he would be starter

Not sure if this has been discussed or not, but Memphis Depay signed a contract with Under Armour a few weeks back. Not sure if this would realistically have any impact on being able to snag him, but I really wouldn't mind seeing him with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom