Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko

Pastore would be an amazing signing, built for the league as well. I don't think he'd come to us though, or Levy would be willing to pay the money required (both fee & wages).
The fee might not be too much :avbpray: "Liverpool target Javier Pastore, 25, has not been offered an extension to his Paris St-Germain contract. The midfielder's current deal expires in 2016"
http://talksport.com/football/repor...ar-has-not-been-offered-new-deal-150416143367

Klose is a professional and has always looked after himself. This would be a Naybet kind of signing..it was a making of King.

A yes from me.

Imagining keeping him at a coaching presence at the club and the added goodwill having a good guy at the club

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind Klose at the club, could give a lot of advice to our younger players. Can't see it happening tho, he's got a year left of his contract, and is still banging them in for Lazio. Can't see why they'd want to let him go

I've always been a fan of Klose, but is this really what we want? A past his prime veteran taking up a squad space for a year in hopes that he would care enough to help guide our younger players?

I've always been a fan of Klose, but is this really what we want? A past his prime veteran taking up a squad space for a year in hopes that he would care enough to help guide our younger players?

He's a world cup winner and a true professional. He wouldn't come to collect the wages, but earn his Spurs. He would be worth his place in the squad.

We need guys who can work within the system. So, even the strikers must be ready and willing to press. Poachers won't work, nor would those looking for a comfortable time. We won't sign another superstar striker, as no one is going to want to be Harry Kane's back-up if they have aspirations of stardom, but someone with half a brain and the right attitude would be ideal.

yes. no buy fee as it's only wages. loads of good tutoring for Kane, can still bang goals. excellent press.
get him in

If Klose is willing to come in on reasonable wages, we could do a lot worse. He won't command a start and he has a wealth of experience, record goalscorer at the World Cup, top ever goalscorer for Germany and has never had to rely on his pace anyway.

Klose was good enough for germany age 36 but he is too slow for spurs? Of course he is good enough. if you want players who will run around mindlessly just get a random brute from the championship. If we can get a good deal why not take him, he cannot be any worse than adebarndoor or goldado, not to mention he is probably a great professional to have around with his experience and work ethic.

Not sure if his instagram game is up to scratch, however, ade and bob probably have him beat in that regard.

Klose would be a decent signing in my eyes at the right price, bit of experience we lack, him and a young gun striker like Lacazette/Ings/Volland would be a perfect set of strikers: superstar in Kane, Experience and tutor in Klose and a second string fighter to challenge Kane in Lacazette/Ings/Volland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom