Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klose would be a decent signing in my eyes at the right price, bit of experience we lack, him and a young gun striker like Lacazette/Ings/Volland would be a perfect set of strikers: superstar in Kane, Experience and tutor in Klose and a second string fighter to challenge Kane in Lacazette/Ings/Volland
I imagine both Lacazette and Volland costing an arm and a leg, really would love Ings but if he's going on the free in summer then the amount of clubs who are going to be in for him, gonna be tough!

Weren't we trying that with Eriksen on the left in pre-season? I thought it was looking pretty good to be honest, but wasn't continued by Poch.

As we saw in the Burnley game when he came on, I think Lamela can be good at holding onto the ball, jinking past a player, and doing a nice pass to a teammate. That isn't always the easiest thing to do out on the wing, and I wish we'd give him another chance to play at number 10 during the (increasingly unimportant) run in.

If I recall correctly, wasn't he seen as Totti's successor in the Roma team and would have eventually been moved to number 10 there?

To be honest, the idea of Eriksen, Lamela, and Pritchard all rotating in that front three behind Kane makes me excited.

A lot of Lamela's best passes from that sort of position have been to Soldado but not so many were converted.

277CBDD400000578-3035766-As_he_closes_in_on_the_ball_and_the_sliding_opponent_his_right_f-a-8_1428845232203.jpg

Just seen this, poor bloke. Dreadful thing to happen.

Klose will not be interested in joining us. Lazio is very likely to play in the CL next season. With Poch preference of playing only 1 striker, Klose 1st XI chance will mostly be in the EL.

Yannick Bolassie

He ran us ragged - and has been one of their best players during the season

Wouldn't cost that much and offers exponentially more attacking threat than the clogger Chadli

In a heart-beat

I'm also sick of the bullshit fanboy wanker mentality how players from lower teams are somehow 'beneath us'. There's plenty of great value in the market and we are not exactly Man Utd - so accept our position accordingly. Ronaldo won't be coming here anytime soon

We need more goal production from the 3 behind the striker. Eriksen brings home the bacon, but we need 2 more threats ... only God knows what the logic of selling Siggy was, he was so much better than what we have now.

Klose would be a decent signing in s at the right price, bit of experience we lack, him and a young gun striker like Lacazette/Ings/Volland would be a perfect set of strikers: superstar in Kane, Experience and tutor in Klose and a second string fighter to challenge Kane in Lacazette/Ings/Volland
Im gonna get killed for this but.. Lacazette is at the same level as Kane, if not better.

I'm also sick of the bullshit fanboy wanker mentality how players from lower teams are somehow 'beneath us'. There's plenty of great value in the market and we are not exactly Man Utd - so accept our position accordingly. Ronaldo won't be coming here anytime soon
Couldn't possibly agree more.

The way money pour into the sugardaddy clubs, almost a new one each year over the top 5 leagues, we aren't really in line to sign the likes of Morgan S, Marco Reus or Karim Benzema (lol).

The reason I really like Poch is because of his proven track record of working with sub-top players. I just wish the fucking airheads in the boardroom would allow him to pick his own sub-top players.

Couldn't possibly agree more.

The way money pour into the sugardaddy clubs, almost a new one each year over the top 5 leagues, we aren't really in line to sign the likes of Morgan S, Marco Reus or Karim Benzema (lol).

The reason I really like Poch is because of his proven track record of working with sub-top players. I just wish the fucking airheads in the boardroom would allow him to pick his own sub-top players.

Yep, look at Danny Rose, Harry Kane etc he has really helped them this season just I feel most of our other players ain't good enough. A very important summer, although it seems to be a very important summer every summer with us.

Yep, look at Danny Rose, Harry Kane etc he has really helped them this season just I feel most of our other players ain't good enough. A very important summer, although it seems to be a very important summer every summer with us.

I personally feel, that too many of our imported internationals are underperforming way too much for it to be a coincident. Yeah yeah, we overpaid, we post-Bale panicked, always one-or-two duds and all that ... but still, It is impossible to believe just how poor the likes of Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Lamela, Soldado, Kaboul etc have played, when you know, when you have seen them actually play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom