Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they did allow him a clause in his contract to that effect.
Yeah, clearly he wanted that, but I don't see how practicing with those guys and not being able to play with them really helps him. Practicing with them occasionally would help, but practicing with the guys that you play with would make you better as a player and team (he'll need to know how to play as a team as he ages)

Also because Pochettino is Argentinian maybe a cheeky try for Javier Pastore, he isn't getting the game time he should at 25. Imagine Eriksen - Pastore - Menez behind Kane......

That's the key word, we'll be doing a lot of dreaming and imagining. I would think we'll shift some but not all of the dead-wood, buy 2-3 more cheapish punts and that will be that.

Don't want Menez or Pastore at all. Menez is a moody player who reminds me of Adebayor when it comes to attitude and Pastore is just a more expensive and improved Lamela (and I follow Palermo so I've seen the lad for a while).

Both are good players but I'd rather we went for PL-experience. I'll be honest though, if we buy either I'll jizz in my pants like the hypocrite I am :eriksenserious:

Don't want Menez or Pastore at all. Menez is a moody player who reminds me of Adebayor when it comes to attitude and Pastore is just a more expensive and improved Lamela (and I follow Palermo so I've seen the lad for a while).

Both are good players but I'd rather we went for PL-experience. I'll be honest though, if we buy either I'll jizz in my pants like the hypocrite I am :eriksenserious:
a good friend of mine is a milanista and i think he masturbates over Menez.. we definitely should be all over him, maybe...maybe..swap for Soldado ?
Pastore I don't rate, but i also like shiny new toys like the next guy.:freundgoal:

We are not going to be involved in a race with them hey so might as well move-on
Agreed. It is improbable that he's the only player in the world who would fit in at CM for us.

Considering we've brought in some of Southampton's scouting talent, the key is to find the next Schneiderlin rather than pay hideous amounts of money for the man himself!

We just need to play it smart: identify someone with enough talent and the right playing style, and don't act overly prudent.
£15m should get a great young CM if you look carefully enough.

Looking at the Coutinho performance, the general performances of players like David Silva, Sanchez we really miss a small quick footed and above all strong little player who can play between the lines in compressed space able to hold up the ball and thread nice passes.

We don't have amazing pace to play on the counter so naturally when we press or try and press the space becomes compacted. Eriksen is not quite that type of player, he is not strong enough or quick footed IMO, it feels like if we are to play the way we are this type of player is essential. Only Dembele really offers the ability to hold the ball up in tight space but he lacks the creativity.

Does anyone know who would be a realistic target who could fit this bill and do you agree that this type of player is needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom