Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Hoffenheim didn't want him, after all. He's a bit overrated because of a good season at Swansea but there was something typically Spurs about signing him tbh. It's a shame though, I was hoping he'd become a decent part of our team.

No Bentaleb though? Would you send him on loan then?

That was to do with the fact those 6 would have to be named in the 25 man PL squad, Bentaleb and Carroll wouldn't due to their age.

Why pick out Sherwood? Because the man was a Temp (Everyone knew it, including himself) yet he took it upon himself to alienate one of the best players in the squad and a fan favourite. The man was an utter joke.
The man who got our highest PPG in the Prem ever, and whose team outscored and outpointed Poch's Soton, beating them home and away. If he's a joke what does that make Poch and AVB for that matter?
I'm sooooo looking forward to doing some comparison stats this season. Naturally, I hope Poch outperforms Sherwood, but if he doesn't then ....

The man who got our highest PPG in the Prem ever, and whose team outscored and outpointed Poch's Soton, beating them home and away. If he's a joke what does that make Poch and AVB for that matter?
I'm sooooo looking forward to doing some comparison stats this season. Naturally, I hope Poch outperforms Sherwood, but if he doesn't then ....
Working the Win/Win angle for the upcoming season. I see what you did there :pochsulk:

Last edited:

He's also the man who decided to play a 2 man midfield away at the Death Star that included Bentaleb, he took one of the best young number 10's in the world, and played him on the left which created all sorts of problems down that side. He is also the tactical genius who didn't believe in Defensive midfielders, which resulted in us getting smashed by Man City, Liverpool (Yes, I know we lost these games under AVB also, but under different circumstances) and Chelsea.

I'm not going to say anything else on the subject, since I don't want to derail a transfer thread laying into a PE Teacher.

Look at all 'em Spanish boys...

Btw, anybody have any news on Ceballos? How did he preform in Arouca? And can he make it to the senior team this season? Falque is one thing, but I really hope Ceballos can make it here one day; he's only 21.

In relation to that, some ITK on SC mentioned that the reason we want to sell first is not for getting money (for buying sake), but Poch wants to sell to give more time to youngsters for some involvement.

...So it could be an exciting season in terms for our youth-squad boys.
Pritchard, Ceballos, Carrol, maybe Falque, (and Townsend, Bentaleb, if you include them) ... would be great if they can feature in the early group stages of the EL.

Not sure that anyone has brought this up, but I'm actually very excited that Daws and Siggy are refusing to leave. It shows that Spurs aren't just a sinking ship desperate to shore up the holes. There must be some serious comraderie and unity for players in this day and age to refuse to leave because they have faith in the team. I'll be honest, I would much rather have two players that WANT to be here because of their belief in the system vs new players that have absolutely no ties and are probably just here for the money.

Not sure that anyone has brought this up, but I'm actually very excited that Daws and Siggy are refusing to leave. It shows that Spurs aren't just a sinking ship desperate to shore up the holes. There must be some serious comraderie and unity for players in this day and age to refuse to leave because they have faith in the team. I'll be honest, I would much rather have two players that WANT to be here because of their belief in the system vs new players that have absolutely no ties and are probably just here for the money.
They have to be up for it as well and not just playing bit parts.

Daws to be appointed as Player-Manager?

Not wishing to be rude but how can someone reasonably intelligent be so naive ?

I wanted to throw a couple of names out there and see what you guys thought. I think it would be interesting if we could secure a couple youngsters from PSV. Memphis Depay's name has floated around and he was impressive during the World Cup. He is only twenty and would be a good player to feature opposite of Lamela. I can only see his stock going up so it would be ideal to snag him before he starts making a bigger name for himself.

Secondly and probably the one I'm more excited about is Georginio Wijnaldum. Seeing as how Paulinho could be on his way out I think Wijnaldum would be a perfect fit. While he wasn't given a lot of attacking responsibility for Holland during the World Cup, Wijnaldum was a rock in the midfield (notice he dominated Paulinho in the 3rd place match). He came on as a sub in the first game in Spain and played all of Holland's minutes from there on out. He showed his defensive capabilities within the system but I think he can be a play maker with Spurs if given the opportunity (Captian's and plays CAM at PSV). He's also relatively young at the age of 23.

Maybe this is just a pipe dream, but it would be awesome if it worked out. Just curious what over people thought. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom