Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr S Pippo

not sure luck has anything to do with it. Money = success.
No point levy buying 2-3 worldies A. if he cant afford to pay them or B. if he can afford to pay them but they get so good that he then cant afford to pay them..id rather sustained success than 1-2 yrs in the CL then back to mid table again.

We should really play our best players in Europa instead and try to ensure we win that cup.

Let one of Chelsea, Woolwich, United, City and Liverpool miss out on CL. We're gonna get thrashed by them all anyway. If you can't compete financially, then you've still got to find a way to fucking scheme a way there. The EL is our way.

One more note about penny-pinching Levy:

HE BROKE OUR TRANSFER RECORD THREE TIMES LAST YEAR

I think, and I suspect this is sammyspurs sammyspurs 's point, that we get carried away by paper talk and ITK (even while swearing that we don't rate those attention-seeking children).

I can't imagine I would have been taking you seriously if back in early June you told me that Danny fucking Welbeck was going to be the marker on which our ambition would be measured.

Last summer we were all writing how finally Levy has gotten us that top-level striker we haven't had since Bulgarian cigarettes stopped being available in the dressing room, and now we will get relegated since Levy ignored our need for a striker and couldn't make *Welbeck* happen?

Fuck Levy's lack of ambition… where is the haters' lack of ambition for aiming so low when crowing about our need for a top striker? Welbeck's name is mentioned nowhere in last summer's transfer thread, when our need for a striker was even more acute!

Yet the papers tell us he's available, and suddenly we're all convinced he is the Answer.

I'm not sure anyone really believes Welbeck is the answer. Think it's more that everyone can see we are lacking firepower, and since Welbeck was the only apparently possible target yesterday, people wanted that to happen rather than rely on the current trio. It's true people were excited we'd signed Soldado last season, but this is a year later and he has not yet started to look like he will score regularly. Hopefully that will change soon.

It doesn't look like any strikers were available for reasonable prices when you consider wages…

I imagine that we are looking at a Chelseaish front four which will rotate a lot of the scoring duty, so that clinical smasher isn't entirely necessary. Chelsea did just fine last year without a world class striker, after all. Of course, now they're going to average five goals a game with Costa, but that kind of talent is a non-starter for us. Plus, he's a traitor.

I foresee 2–3 midfielders having more goals at season's end than Ade or Soldado (or Kane, pace WindyCOYS WindyCOYS ), but it won't be the result of a scoring drought. It'll just take time to make it click.

Final word (I hope) on DW: when he was mooted, the arguments in this thread were about how he wasn't a good LW, and therefore would not address our sheep-brain-agreed most pressing need: LW. Yet now that we've not got him, the complaints are not that Chadli can't handle LW, but that Levy refuses to buy strikers.

Mr S Pippo

not sure luck has anything to do with it. Money = success.
No point levy buying 2-3 worldies A. if he cant afford to pay them or B. if he can afford to pay them but they get so good that he then cant afford to pay them..id rather sustained success than 1-2 yrs in the CL then back to mid table again.
CL = Wealth by default.

As we are building our little empire, the other lot are also. They have bigger income so widen the finical gap each year we sit below them in the PL. We may sustain our wealth but we will not catch them up finically so we will always buy young hopefuls or B rated internationals.

Luck = Russian oligarch buying your club. Chelsea were no more than a pub side in the 80'/90s . Man Utd were only a cup side pre SKY and City well?

There's another transfer window before the ACON isn't there? Does it start in January or February?
I can see a striker coming in, possibly on loan, to cover Ade if Soldado still isn't doing it.

Falcao should be eligible to play for UTD. Deal done 30 mins after the extended 1am deadline . What aloud of shite .

Clubs have an hour grace to finalise the paperwork as long as they inform the Premier League of an impending transfer I believe.

so we're going to have to rely on kane and soldado once Ade goes to the AFCON, fucking woopity doo, poch just got the sloppy levy dick

My thoughts exactly. Ade is gone for about 5 weeks and if Kane pulls a hammy, we are relying on Soldado. Very disapointed. If Levy would just push the boat out for a Bony, it could make all the difference getting top 4 and winning things.

Look at Chelski. IMO going to win the league easily, they thrash Everton 6-3 BUT they still go for more by buying Remy.

Conserve-Energy-and-LEED-Signs-If-Youre-The-Last-One-Out-Turn-Off-The-Lights-80768-ba.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom