Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to see Sandro go. Would have preferred the disappearance of Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli and Capoue. And blow the money on Bony since we STILL need a striker. 'Cos Ade and Kane aren't really up there.

So much shit talking about Ade and Kane.

This place gets so fucking pathetic at night.

Does not include Sandro. Holtby is still a loan this year.

Players Purchased Fee
-----------------------------
Ben Davies Swap
Michel Vorm £3,500,000
Eric Dier £4,000,000
DeAndre Yedlin £2,750,000
Federico Fazio £8,000,000
Benj Stambouli £4,700,000
==========================
£ -22,950,000

Players Sold Fee
-----------------------
Heurelho Gomes Free
Jake Livermore £8,000,000
Cam Lancaster Released
G Sigurðsson Swap
Iago Falque £5,000,000
Michael Dawson £6,000,000
Zeki Fryers £1,500,000
£ +20,500,000

net loss = £ -2,450,000

But Sandro money will swing it to a net profit

Does not include Sandro. Holtby is still a loan this year.

Players Purchased Fee
-----------------------------
Ben Davies Swap
Michel Vorm £3,500,000
Eric Dier £4,000,000
DeAndre Yedlin £2,750,000
Federico Fazio £8,000,000
Benj Stambouli £4,700,000
£ -22,950,000

Players Sold Fee
-----------------------
Heurelho Gomes Free
Jake Livermore £8,000,000
Cam Lancaster Released
G Sigurðsson Swap
Iago Falque £5,000,000
Michael Dawson £6,000,000
Zeki Fryers £1,500,000
£ +20,500,000

net loss = £ -2,450,000

But Sandro money will swing it to a net profit
Correct me if I'm wrong, but:
Vorm was on a free (allegedly)
and Zeki was for 3m according to the media.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but:
Vorm was on a free (allegedly)
and Zeki was for 3m according to the media.

Since fees are usually Undisclosed - it is difficult to get an accurate source. Also there are Add-ons and other considerations. I think each fee could be argued. I think Vorm involved a fee, since Utrecht is disputing the fee and saying they are owed more $$. I would use this site to compare teams and trends & not necessarily individual transfers. But I have not way to say if you or the site are more accurate. The site does say :

The figures are as accurate as possible. In some instances a fee as undisclosed while we look for a reliable source for the fee. If you find a missing or incorrectly recorder transfer please use the submit error form to inform me and I will rectify mistakes and omissions. Please include a link so I can verify your information

Feel sorry for Pochettino, this is looking like another AVB esque situation except there will be less pressure on him by both the fans and media.

Man City, Chavs, Woolwich, United, Liverpool and even Everton have better squads than us as things stand. Our only hope of CL football next season is of course Europa.

The pressure Is on Levy, If it goes tits's up I want a new Chairman Preferably Cortese before another manager.

im getting a little sick of all your fucking melting in every thread I read..
'levy's shit'
'stambouli is a 3rd choice morgan fall back'

etc etc..
you've been here for a minute and already your a negative melting cunt..based on your name id take a guess and say your from a Nordic country, apt considering global warming and melting ice/snow ay?
seems a match made in heaven..

I must admit I'm disappointed with some of the comments about us having to accept that we are not a top 4 contender anymore.
In the last 5 seasons we have finished 4th twice and 5th twice...
How does that not make us realistic top 4 contenders?

We could have been again had we signed players that made a difference, but we didn't, we signed ok players that replaced ok players.
There are no match winners or game changers amongst that lot.

I hope they are all good solid signings but I can't see any one of them taking us to the next level.

All our rivals signed match winners and game changers. We have shown a massive lack of ambition.
Making a profit is laughable for a club like ours.
When the likes of Lloris, vert and Eriksen want to leave, we only have ourselves to blame.
I've always stuck up for our owners but I'm afraid this time I can't, the lack of ambition is glaringly obvious.

I will continue to support the club, the same as every year but I can't help thinking we've missed a trick this time..
So, so, so underwhelmed..

SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy

I think our fans need to take a dose of reality. Whilst we all, me included want top 4 or to win cups/the league, the correlation between spending and winner in the PL era is just to large to ignore. Yes we did finish relatively high in the table for the last 5-6 years but as I've argued before this was as much to do with our agency as other clubs being pants in those seasons (Liverpool, Chelsea, man utd).
undoubtedly our squad has improved, if not maybe our first 11 over those years...not bad for a zero net spend.. my vision for tottenham is a 10 year plan, hope we are competing for trophies 10 years from now, with a great stadium, great players, attractive football, good fan atmosphere and all without a man city/Chelsea sugar daddy.
would I love for levy to spend, sure but I can against my emotions think with my head and see the long term plan. If that plan doesn't come to fruition then ill be looking like a right dumb cunt ay but that's the risk im prepared to take..

I hope they are all good solid signings but I can't see any one of them taking us to the next level.

We may not achieve the 'next level' with the signings we have made but they will hopefully gets us on our way by contributing to a season were we are consistent and have something to build on which will give supporters like yourself, some hope for the future.

We mustn't forget, Lamala is as a new signing and could make a difference.

SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy

I think our fans need to take a dose of reality. Whilst we all, me included want top 4 or to win cups/the league, the correlation between spending and winner in the PL era is just to large to ignore. Yes we did finish relatively high in the table for the last 5-6 years but as I've argued before this was as much to do with our agency as other clubs being pants in those seasons (Liverpool, Chelsea, man utd).
undoubtedly our squad has improved, if not maybe our first 11 over those years...not bad for a zero net spend.. my vision for tottenham is a 10 year plan, hope we are competing for trophies 10 years from now, with a great stadium, great players, attractive football, good fan atmosphere and all without a man city/Chelsea sugar daddy.
would I love for levy to spend, sure but I can against my emotions think with my head and see the long term plan. If that plan doesn't come to fruition then ill be looking like a right dumb cunt ay but that's the risk im prepared to take..
10 years?

Its football Jim, but not as we know it ?

Lets all watch and admire Falcao and Di Maria struggle at Utd (not as good as we believe they are).
listen to Scum supporters moan on and on and on about Welbad being crap.

For me the PL attract second rate euro players that come here for that big pay day. I'm please we do not get caught up in the circus that attract these players. I know someone will post stats to prove me wrong. Lets wait and see when Utd play City of Chelsea and us and see how good these players are?

I can't say I'm disappointed about missing out on Welbeck to the Goons... They have gone into meltdown..

So many of them were laughing at us for trying to sign him, then BANG, he goes and signs for them..

The only thing that made me smile about yesterday..

yes. The stadium might be built in 3 but paying it off will take the better part of a decade aka woolwich..only then will the long term planning/groundwork bear fruit in our transfer policy, wage bill, league/cup aims etc
If football was this easy, we would be world beaters. Its not.
Maybe Im getting paranoid in my older age....The top 5 in the Uk have closed ranks and will do anything to stop any other club muscling in on the wealth.
I don't feel we truly understand what goes on in modern football with all this foreign investment.

There is always a big chunk of luck that will determine your future and a chairman with lots of cash, this may give some hope but building long term only secures your status as a club.

the correlation between spending and winner in the PL era is just to large to ignore.
The issue is that the correlation isn't between transfer spending and winning, but, rather, wage bill and winning.

So it irritates me to no end when people say, "it's just a million quid, Levy, pay!" When it simply isn't. Welbeck will cost the scum £40m over the next five years—and that's if he's just average. If he sets the world alight, his wages will probably be renegotiated after three years.

Spurs have been run, as Miles from SI will tell you, as a club that can risk an eighth place finish every season. Part of that is the fact that Spurs won't splash cash on wages until there is enough of a boost in revenue to cover that bump. And that boost will come either on the pitch (unlikely given the correlation notes above) or via sponsorships/increased match day revenue. Levy has doggedly expanded the former, and we have to assume he is interested in the latter.

I would love to sign every flashy player who bats his eyelashes, but that's not Spurs. Levy played that game at the start of his tenure, and it got us nowhere.

Seriously, the scum are paying 100/wk to a guy who wasn't facing lots of minutes on a team that's on two points from nine…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom