Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats when he has a good day :p

Got to say, I've seen far more in how we've set up and played in the past couple of years that fucks Ade over compared to him not putting it in. Yes he has his losses of form, yes he has a bit of a gangly manner that doesn't look like he's 'up for it' at every moment but he has put plenty of shifts in up top, often alone and isolated. Several at the club have said he is fine, never any trouble and is quality. He's as close as we have to an unstoppable, top class striker, on his days he's pretty unplayable. Oh....and scores some goals.

A proven LWF was the one for me this window - another season of Lennon's Pea Shooter's and Townsend's Jumbotron-threatening drives worries me if I'm completely honest.

Hopefully Poch can work his magic with them and prove me wrong; early days etc.
:pochsmirk::pochohshit:

We've got a fantastic coach and I'm genuinely excited to see what he can do with our squad & the club in the future.

I just hope Daniel hasn't tied both of his hands behind his back transfer-wise (MS,MM JR etc.) whilst still expecting him to swim the length of the Channel Crossing...

I'm unsure what to make off this transfer window. No major signings compared to our rivals, but we made 7 major signings a year ago and only 1 or 2 settled, so if atleast a couple more settle then we look stronger. If they don't then based on yesterdays game I am deeply concerned for this season. Fazio will be a great signing for us, Stambouli I've never heard off, but he might be a great signing. Eric Dier is looking good and he is English, which is a positive. Ben Davies is a great signing I believe and needs to be given more league game time, Yedlin hopefully will prove to be great business and Vorm

The loss off Sandro and Holtby saddens me especially with Sandro. So I can only assume that the club have a lot off faith in Stamboulis. The truth will be in the pudding, but I'm not expecting much unfortunately

A proven LWF was the one for me this window - another season of Lennon's Pea Shooter's and Townsend's Jumbotron-threatening drives worries me if I'm completely honest.

Of course, now i realise, Levy turned down £15m for Townsend cos he has the Jumbotrons insured for £10m each and will collect that instead.

Finally that bastard window has closed.

Now, roll on the rest of the season. Gutted about losing Dawson, Holtby but especially Sandro. Can see why they and the others like Siggi, Livermore etc were let go.

We got in some good talent for the future in Yedlin, Davies and Dier. In Fazio and Stambouli I hope to see players that can stay fit, like Sandro and Kaboul couldn't.

Our squad isn't perfect, but there are a lot of very talented players. The good thing is that there will be less players left outside the squad and that is probably where Holtby, Sandro, Dawson, Livermore and Sigurdsson would have been for the big games.

Now it's all about Poch teaching the squad how we're going to play.

Are you kidding me? The lads deadly......if you happen to be sitting in row zed.

Got to hand it to Levy really, not only does he make a profit, he's now done us for Sandro on the last day too. I mean if he's crocked then fine but who is not sad to see him go? I think he actually tries to make you grateful the window is closed so we can't ship out another fans favourite and decent player.

Makes me laugh everybody goes on about when he signed VDV, how about when he sold him on deadline day two years later and got us Dempsey instead of Moutinho when Modric had already gone too?!? I think of that as more like 'Levy time'.

Happy with the summers dealings?

Alright alright alright....

I go out for a few beers in the sun and it's carnage in here

Carlito we know better than to get upset by our club, the curse we are born with, a good season now is 5th and a bad one is 7th even if we spent another 50 prob would be same

You have had a rough weekend, sit back and laugh at us and all this

I just miss the times we could go to the lane and fucking enjoy it, every game a heart attack now

I am flying home and will be south stand for west brom game will like to meet some of you lot

Come on you spurs

Alright alright alright....

I go out for a few beers in the sun and it's carnage in here

Carlito we know better than to get upset by our club, the curse we are born with, a good season now is 5th and a bad one is 7th even if we spent another 50 prob would be same

You have had a rough weekend, sit back and laugh at us and all this

I just miss the times we could go to the lane and fucking enjoy it, every game a heart attack now

I am flying home and will be south stand for west brom game will like to meet some of you lot

Come on you spurs

You somewhere nice?

How long were the wanks down the road building their stadium for? And what was their net spend per window during that time ? I'd love to see that for comparison if anyone had a summary handy.

My view is that if we play exciting football and finish 5/6 for the next couple of years, retain Poch bc he is the real deal and have a giant new stadium at the end of that time, I'm happy enough even though in an ideal world wed be top 4 and had a brand new, worldclass shiny lw or striker by EOD

You somewhere nice?

Chicago gorgeous this time of year, 6 months of miserable winter 6 months it's like California

Flying home to see family, I usually go to away games when I come back for atmosphere, my first return to lane since bale had his kid and Chelsea murdered us, hope there is some atmosphere left

Chicago gorgeous this time of year, 6 months of miserable winter 6 months it's like California

Flying home to see family, I usually go to away games when I come back for atmosphere, my first return to lane since bale had his kid and Chelsea murdered us, hope there is some atmosphere left

Ah good for you mate. I'll have a look at what I'm looking like on the day and maybe we can hook up and talk derivatives. It would be thrilling.

Ps I got the job ;)

Ah good for you mate. I'll have a look at what I'm looking like on the day and maybe we can hook up and talk derivatives. It would be thrilling.

Ps I got the job ;)

Would love a beer and great news pleased to hear it!! Is the missus able to travel still for your holiday?

Will give you a shout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom