Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but why can't we compete with Liverpool? They have a similar sized stadium, and didn't have any form of European football to offer last season. Their owners want a new stadium too, but they still invest in the playing squad effectively. Why are Spurs different?

There is a persistent gap of many millions of pounds between Spurs and Liverpool, but there is also a persistent gap of many millions of pounds between Spurs and many other clubs who consistently make net investments in their squad.

Well that was fun. Fucking hate international breaks but sort of glad for this one. Need a bit of time to mould Stambouli into Pirlo, and Chadli into Bale.

Gk's - Lloris, vorm, friedel
Defenders - walker, Naughton, rose, Davies, Kaboul, Verts, dier, fazio, Chiriches
Midfield - Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Chadli, eriksen, Capoue, bentaleb, Dembele, Paulinho, stambouli
Forwards - Adebayor, soldado, Kan

Enjoy mid table folks.....that's where we're headed.

We're not exactly Swindon Town either! Our wedge is quite substantial compared to other rival teams - ticket prices, market share, etc. - Everton and Villa especially. We are NOT broke.

Clearly we aren't broke and that isn't the point that Bush is making. A select few clubs just earn a lot MORE than us. We have built a top training ground and are in the process of funding a new stadium. We are never going to go and splash out the kind of money that the teams around us have.

We're not exactly Swindon Town either! Our wedge is quite substantial compared to other rival teams - ticket prices, market share, etc. - Everton and Villa especially. We are NOT broke.

You have just answered your own idiocy.
We aren't Swindon, no because we are above them. Just like we are above villa and Everton. Clubs of similar size because we have good stewardship.
We've finished above Liverpool and United for the same reasons.
Tell me, where is our correct position in the league?
Is it above united, Chelsea, City, or Woolwich? Liverpool perhaps? Asking as I would love to be. Fucking love it. I accept that we are a smaller club financially and any year we do is a success!!!

Defenders - walker, Naughton, rose, Davies, Kaboul, Verts, dier, fazio, Chiriches
Midfield - Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Chadli, eriksen, Capoue, bentaleb, Dembele, Paulinho, stambouli

Fucking hell some of you need to take a breather.

I assume Dembele and Paulinho are going to play further forward or else we only have Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen who are any good in the AM position, with Lennon, Townsend and Kane there who have also played there, although poorly.

You have just answered your own idiocy.
We aren't Swindon, no because we are above them. Just like we are above villa and Everton. Clubs of similar size because we have good stewardship.
We've finished above Liverpool and United for the same reasons.
Tell me, where is our correct position in the league?
Is it above united, Chelsea, City, or Woolwich? Liverpool perhaps? Asking as I would love to be. Fucking love it. I accept that we are a smaller club financially and any year we do is a success!!!
We're smaller financially than Utd obviously but most certainly not broke to the point if having a negative net spend for 5 season and not being able to afford one quality signing.

Poch was always going to be a yes-man, just as AVB was expected to be. If Sherwood had actually been a brilliant coach he would've still had the bullet for being too opinionated.

Poch said it's the best squad he's ever worked with, really? Good job given he's only managed bottom half-mid table teams. We are now slowly starting to look like becoming a mid-table squad and already bottom 3 net spenders.

Without a huge amount of luck on these unheard of players coming good, as well as Poch truly being a Messiah, then we really are going to have to fight even harder for top 6. Fact.

Mid-table is fine if that is followed up with stability in the club leadership, consistency of tactics, retention of our best players, shovels in the ground on the new stadium, and a view towards future investment in the squad to improve our chances going forward.

But that's the problem, the past several years give us no reason for confidence in any of those things.

Man Utd have made themselves attractive to sponsors over many years of success .
They deserve their rewards as they have never excepted second best.
Even with the Glazers and their high debt they have shown the footballing
side is there no 1 concern unlike us. Just over two decades ago we were in touching distance and could even compete on transfers and on
an even par with Arse. They are both on another planet to us . Our prudence and financial
pragmatism has been our footballing decline. .

UA pays us to make our kits and have their brand associated with the club

AIA pays us to have their logo on the kit

Give yourself a pat on the back you got there in the end.
Now when I made the comparison saying united earned our total revenue in a year from their kit designer did you then compare it to AIA?

Complete different things.

Also, just to clarify. United get £75m a year from their shirt designers. Unreal. I'd be surprised if we got more than 10m from UA.

My point is we should not be competing with united, and the fact we are is an amazing tribute to levy and ENIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom