Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a little cheap for a young HG midfielder who was quite prolific under Rodgers.

Only really seem him under AVB & Sherwood, neither of which set the team up to his best. I mean, TS had him as a left midfielder half the time ?

Maybe, but Tommy H went for £5m so i'd put him in the similar price bracket, i'd have said £6m was a fair price, not that i''m moaning.

As it seems, we are quite nicely trimming down our squad...

Defoe from winter, Livermore, most likely Siggy, and probably one of Paulo or Sandro (if not both). If we are lucky, maybe we could add Naughton to that. And on the contrary, we could also be unfortunate and add Verts to that list too.

Regardless, with these sales, there shouldn't be a shortage or an excuse to not spend money this Summer, if we have to.

As it seems, we are quite nicely trimming down our squad...
Defoe from winter, Livermore, most likely Siggy, and probably one of Paulo or Sandro (if not both).

With these sales, there shouldn't be a shortage or an excuse to not spend money this Summer, if we have to.
I am sure we will net spend (about 5 quid) wisely ,
just like our rivals.

I don't see why everyone is writing Paulinho off. The guy hasn't had a proper break for about 2 and a half years. Hopefully he gets some decent R&R time, and if he still doesn't perform this season? Then sell him.

Also, Schneiderlin over Sandro? Ridiculous.

Why are so many people looking to sell Sandro. I remember not so long ago when everyone would have agreed he should be the first name on the team sheet. He's had an injury and Sherwood for some reason didn't fancy him. Still think he's a useful player. Would rather see Capoue, Paulinho or Dembele leave.
I wouldn't have agreed that he should be the first name on the team sheet. He was very good for us for a while, but all that 'Beast' stuff wasn't for me.

Also it wasn't just Sherwood who didn't pick him, surely AVB didn't pick him at times as well.

I wouldn't have agreed that he should be the first name on the team sheet. He was very good for us for a while, but all that 'Beast' stuff wasn't for me.

Also it wasn't just Sherwood who didn't pick him, surely AVB didn't pick him at times as well.

He was a regular under AVB until the knee injury, it was under AVB that Sandro has looked his best.

Gylfi is such a nice footballer skill wise but ultimately he's very slow and lacking a position. AVB tried to make him a VDV replacement at first, then shifted him out to the left where he did score a fair few goals. But the problem remains that he was too slow to take a man off the dribble. Sherwood even gave him a try as a deeper lying creative midfielder which I thought was worth a try considering his skill and lack of athleticism, but it never quite clicked either.

Good footballer, hard worker and great attitude. I think I might keep him around just because of that but ultimately he's too limited to ever be a consistent first XI player for us unfortunately.

Gylfi is such a nice footballer skill wise but ultimately he's very slow and lacking a position.....

Spot on JDK! His technical skills on the ball are very good he's just to slow foot speed wise to use those skills in tight spaces on a regular basis. I like Gylfi very much too but it is clear we are too big of a club for him. Have no no doubt he will go to Swansea or Palace and do very well.

Yep, and under Sherwood he had the knee injury too. So why pick out Sherwood (as if I didn't know :)) AFAIK, post-injury AVB also dropped Sandro. May be wrong.

Nah, he played in 15 of the 16 PL games under AVB, missed the 1st game at Palace then was ever present before getting injured, I think in AVBs last match.

Definitely was dropped under Sherwood, but he was a bit shit by then tbf

Yep, and under Sherwood he had the knee injury too. So why pick out Sherwood (as if I didn't know :)) AFAIK, post-injury AVB also dropped Sandro. May be wrong.

Why pick out Sherwood? Because the man was a Temp (Everyone knew it, including himself) yet he took it upon himself to alienate one of the best players in the squad and a fan favourite. The man was an utter joke.

Looks like Dawson and Siggy are both refusing to leave. Dawson wants a 5 year contract from hull . Siggy wants to prove himself to the Poch

Seems to be the rumour going around, but seeing as its coming from John Cross, im hardly going to put any stock in it.

Surprised he managed to remove his Head from up Wengers arse for long enough to see what he was writing in the first place.

Siggy needs to go. Quality player, but he's best used in a team where he has more space. He just doesn't have the pace or quick feet on the dribble to unlock the stubborn defenses a top six team faces, and doesn't have the stamina combined with pace to cover defensively on the wings. He needs to go, as we're now settled at CAM and we need a proper winger for the left side for the first time since Bale went inverted.

Siggy needs to go. Quality player, but he's best used in a team where he has more space. He just doesn't have the pace or quick feet on the dribble to unlock the stubborn defenses a top six team faces, and doesn't have the stamina combined with pace to cover defensively on the wings. He needs to go, as we're now settled at CAM and we need a proper winger for the left side for the first time since Bale went inverted.

Yes. Absolutely. Anyone who doesn't agree with all of this is just wrong. Thanks for the post.

It's such a relief sometimes to read someone else's post that echoes your own thoughts so perfectly that it could have come from your own mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom