Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man who got our highest PPG in the Prem ever, and whose team outscored and outpointed Poch's Soton, beating them home and away. If he's a joke what does that make Poch and AVB for that matter?
I'm sooooo looking forward to doing some comparison stats this season. Naturally, I hope Poch outperforms Sherwood, but if he doesn't then ....
I could have gotten our highest ppg in the perm ever with the team that Sherwood had by putting Ade back in the team and telling the players to go run around a bit. That's basically what Sherwood did. Our current team is arguably our most talented ever if you look at each individual player's skills, he should be getting our highest ppg ever.

From SC by way of COYS:

dont know if you've seen that story about the guy on twitter who invited sandro to take his guitar and come to his 30th birthday party, and sandro turned up playing guitar and singing at the party (its on youtube but cant post here i guess) anyway, from
pedders18 on coys: One of my mates was there, he is good mates with the bloke who plays Frankie Fryer. He posted a load of pics last night of Sandro at the party. Sounds like he is off though, sounds like his Mrs wants the move to Italy :(

I think Stones would be a great buy. Skilled on the ball, mobile, and reads the game well. He looks like the next great English center half. Plus, if you are going pay the absurd markup for English players it is best to do it for a defender considering Ledley, Rio, Terry, and Cole are probably the best players England has produced over the last 15 years. Stones actually reminds me a lot of Rio.

However, it is never going to happen. He's going to leave Everton for us? While Woolwich and Chelsea are also competing for his signature? Can't believe that would come to fruition.

I think Stones would be a great buy. Skilled on the ball, mobile, and reads the game well. He looks like the next great English center half. Plus, if you are going pay the absurd markup for English players it is best to do it for a defender considering Ledley, Rio, Terry, and Cole are probably the best players England has produced over the last 15 years. Stones actually reminds me a lot of Rio.

However, it is never going to happen. He's going to leave Everton for us? While Woolwich and Chelsea are also competing for his signature? Can't believe that would come to fruition.
Mobile Stones:adesalute:

He's also the man who decided to play a 2 man midfield away at the Death Star that included Bentaleb, he took one of the best young number 10's in the world, and played him on the left which created all sorts of problems down that side. He is also the tactical genius who didn't believe in Defensive midfielders, which resulted in us getting smashed by Man City, Liverpool (Yes, I know we lost these games under AVB also, but under different circumstances) and Chelsea.

I'm not going to say anything else on the subject, since I don't want to derail a transfer thread laying into a PE Teacher.

AVB played a 5 man midfield vs City and we conceded the same amount of goals and had 11 men on the pitch.
Created problems on the left..maybe..but Eriksen was creating more goals.
What different circumstances? We had too many DMs on the pitch.

AVB played a 5 man midfield vs City and we conceded the same amount of goals and had 11 men on the pitch.
Created problems on the left..maybe..but Eriksen was creating more goals.
What different circumstances? We had too many DMs on the pitch.

City:

We were playing a City team who were banging in goals for fun against anyone and everyone. Lamela, Sandro and Kaboul all playing were weird choices (Admittedly AVB's fault)

Liverpool:

Make-shift defence and a Paulinho red card, we never stood a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom