Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then, please tell me which of the following players from that squad should still have a spot in our squad:
-Heurelho Gomes
-Alan Hutton
-Vedran Corluka
-Tom Huddlestone
-Jermain Jenas
-Roman Pavlyuchenko
-Wilson Palacios
-William Gallas
-Peter Crouch
-Jermain Defoe
-Niko Kranjcar
-Carlo Cudicini
-Jonathan Woodgate
-Steven Pienaar
-Sebastian Bassong
-Bongani Khumalo (whoops, he's still on our books)
-Stipe Pletikosa

Of course, we'd be a much more serious squad if we still had Bale and Modric, but then that picture still wouldn't look much different, would it?

You forgot :vdvshh:
I'd also have Corluka over Naughton...

Ok then, please tell me which of the following players from that squad should still have a spot in our squad:
-Heurelho Gomes
-Alan Hutton
-Vedran Corluka
-Tom Huddlestone
-Jermain Jenas
-Roman Pavlyuchenko
-Wilson Palacios
-William Gallas
-Peter Crouch
-Jermain Defoe
-Niko Kranjcar
-Carlo Cudicini
-Jonathan Woodgate
-Steven Pienaar
-Sebastian Bassong
-Stipe Pletikosa

Of course, we'd be a much more serious squad if we still had Bale and Modric, but then that picture still wouldn't look much different, would it?

Jenas

-Heurelho Gomes
-Alan Hutton
-Vedran Corluka
-Tom Huddlestone
-Jermain Jenas
-Roman Pavlyuchenko
-Wilson Palacios
-William Gallas
-Peter Crouch
-Jermain Defoe
-Niko Kranjcar
-Carlo Cudicini
-Jonathan Woodgate
-Steven Pienaar
-Sebastian Bassong
-Stipe Pletikosa

I think 2010/2011 Gallas would be first choice next to Vertonghen. We had King back then too. Our depth roster turnover has been good. Unfortunately we've been unable to come close to replacing Ledley, Bale, and Modric. That's the real problem. Anyway, I posted in the first place not to make any point about the quality of our squad but rather to show how futile it is to get too attached to players.

Huddlestone could cover that Schneiderlin role...

Of fuck it. Bring them all back.

Pienaar never got much of a chance here but is a great little player for Everton

Hudd could've been a good player for us if we'd ever got the right management in place. Closest he got was Harry(and it took serious relegation fears for him to get a look in) and he had him in the CL.

My one overriding concern is that should neither player be signed, do we have a legitimate back up plan? Do the players who's positions were clearly being marked as 'up for grabs' now consider themselves surplus to requirements regardless of if they are bought or not? And have we shown our hand financially to other clubs?

I hope these are the two bought in but worry who will, if they aren't.

We could use the awesome players we already have.

Players who were previously mismanaged and made more footballing waves than MS did in the past.

wat wat wat the suspense is killing me :walker-scream:

vCL3lpM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom