Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we could pay him more

Chelsea must not be interested in selling to us. I've seen journalists say that our board's relationship with Chelsea's board is among the worst in the league. I'm not willing to accept a world where we were stupid enough not to be interested in Lukaku.

Er, well I don't trust you on this, and don't get me started on the nonsense that is much PR :)
The words I quoted are entirely unequivocal, and people who can read can easily see it, despite whatever spin (and don't get me started on that either:)) any PR people want to put on it. If either are now sold he's gone back on his statement and many/most Saints fans will see it like that, so will much/most of the media and the PR boys will be pissing in the wind, not for the first time :thumbup:

In his talksport interview, he pretty much side stepped every single question but the 1st about whether they would be sold or not, he kept giving answers that could easily have been interpreted as an unequivocal No, or a for the right price Yes.

I think MS will happen, not sure when, but I'm pretty confident, not so much on Rodriguez unless he offer them maybe a couple of players in return (Hopefully Falque permanently and Carroll and Bentaleb on loan)

Chelsea must not be interested in selling to us. I've seen journalists say that our board's relationship with Chelsea's board is among the worst in the league.
As it should be.

I'm not willing to accept a world where we were stupid enough not to be interested in Lukaku.
Just because a deal doesn't come off doesn't mean we weren't interested.

And we'd be crazy to pay that for a flat-track bully semi-clogger

Flat track bully? Last season Bony scored against us, Woolwich, Liverpool, Everton, twice against City, twice against United. So in Swansea's 14 games against the top 7 he scored 8 goals and he only started 11 of those games. Pretty much the opposite of flat track bully, but don't let facts get in the way.

I have a bad feeling about the Scneiderlin deal.
If they don't budge, will Levy actually pay 25 million plus for this fella?
And if worst comes to worst, I could very well see him being sold to the goons.

I have a bad feeling about the Scneiderlin deal.
If they don't budge, will Levy actually pay 25 million plus for this fella?
And if worst comes to worst, I could very well see him being sold to the goons.

I wouldn't be too worried. It's not like Chelsea is swooping in to bid ten million more than us to get a player. Wenger and Levy are cut from the same cloth. Neither will go a cent over what they think they should pay. Plus, Schneiderlin wants us and to reunite with Pochettino. If he starts throwing a fit, Southampton will have very little leverage.

I love how there isn't so much as a whisper from ITKs right now. Yesterday was probably the most interesting day of our window and there hasn't been an ITK peep. Seems like they only show up when there's no news and they can fill the space with whatever they please or when it is so abundantly obvious that something is happening that they can't be wrong.

I wouldn't be too worried. It's not like Chelsea is swooping in to bid ten million more than us to get a player. Wenger and Levy are cut from the same cloth. Neither will go a cent over what they think they should pay. Plus, Schneiderlin wants us and to reunite with Pochettino.

Yeah I think it much more likely he just doesn't go anywhere than to Woolwich.

My belief is that this one's up to Poch. If he maintains to Levy he is a top priority, I think it likely Levy will at least try depending on our business at CB. Getting both out though, I think that will be very difficult.

I love how there isn't so much as a whisper from ITKs right now. Yesterday was probably the most interesting day of our window and there hasn't been an ITK peep. Seems like they only show up when there's no news and they can fill the space with whatever they please or when it is so abundantly obvious that something is happening that they can't be wrong.

Haha well, adorably, Jj has said pertaining to Schneiderlin:

"It will be difficult now because of price"

Thanks, oh omniscient one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom