Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then, please tell me which of the following players from that squad should still have a spot in our squad:
-Heurelho Gomes
-Alan Hutton
-Vedran Corluka
-Tom Huddlestone
-Jermain Jenas
-Roman Pavlyuchenko
-Wilson Palacios
-William Gallas
-Peter Crouch
-Jermain Defoe
-Niko Kranjcar
-Carlo Cudicini
-Jonathan Woodgate
-Steven Pienaar
-Sebastian Bassong
-Bongani Khumalo (whoops, he's still on our books)
-Stipe Pletikosa

Of course, we'd be a much more serious squad if we still had Bale and Modric, but then that picture still wouldn't look much different, would it?
Pavlyuchenko, duh!
Due to our CB situation I'd take Bassong back, or Charlie who could cover both right back and centre back

Compare that picture of our 2010/11 squad to most other clubs and there won't be much difference.

I've done a comparison on the shitheads down the road - they've sold most of their team to rivals, which is odd considering they're "not a selling club"

Think i've done it right. Didn't recognise half of them, all cocks look alike
shit.png

Why am I not seeing us linked with any strikers?.. I want Bony! Swap Ade and Naughton for bony and it's all good, hey even slap Rose in there for all I care.

Wasn't it implied heavily by someone on SC that went to the Swans Xmas bash that Bony isn't a player you'd want in the team?

Obviously based on something external to on the pitch skills

Wasn't it implied heavily by someone on SC that went to the Swans Xmas bash that Bony isn't a player you'd want in the team?

Mate, I don't know what you're referring to but I hope the club doesn't make transfer decisions based on what a Spurs Community poster claims to have seen at a Christmas party.

Mate, I don't know what you're referring to but I hope the club doesn't make transfer decisions based on what a Spurs Community poster claims to have seen at a Christmas party.

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/lewis-holtby-fulham.106474/page-10

agrdavidsfan said:
Trust me that's not half of it , a few players have major problems that would surprise you prey were not one of the teams that goes for bony the Christmas party was fun! Talk about cliques just can't be line how complacent everyone in that club has got! Credit to monk to be fair for stabilising it a bit and getting everyone united again things seem a lot better recently. Wouldn't be surprised even if monk gets the job if he doesn't go for gylfi everybody at Swansea from the fans too the chairman idolise him! When michu leaves I think he would be the perfect replacement to keep the fans happy monk even rates our dear old Naughton haha!

mil1lion said:
What happened with Bony at the Christmas party? I'm very curious. If doesn't get you into trouble, of course...

Guy didn't say anything, just implied it. Made it a little more 'genuine' to me.

Like you say, pinch of salt, yet smoke and fire...

Fair enough. After Christmas last season Bony scored 15 goals in 24 games so I think everyone managed to get on with it.

No I know, not suggesting otherwise as for his ability - as per my post

So if, for example, he's into the charlie, or a piss head, it means he's still a longer term liability (Iversen and Bentley for example) but doesn't necessarily affect his ability in the short term.

Purely speculation, it just plays on my mind that there might be something really dodgy!

You have more chance of seeing Bony running the beach in Swansea than throwing up on all fours on the dance floor like Lennon in Dublin. He's an athlete. We need his pace up front. Would love that rumour to come to fruition. The manager admitted he could leave if the price is right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom