Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree completely, we should back him in the transfer market, but I've seen figures of £25m banded around, and now they've dug their heels in they'll probably want more. I'm not sure he's worth the first figure, let alone a higher one.

But will we be getting value for money, is the question. I've no doubt MS has different traits, strengths and weaknesses, but that doesn't mean we should have 17 central midfielders. He is being valued at an exceptionally high amount of money, and for me, he won't add enough quality to warrant paying that sum.

I agree, but then it is always hard to assess value recieved. I mean, if he comes to the club and is terrible or incredible then it's easier to judge but he'd probably end up somewhere in the middle. And then it depends. If he were to join and was average for us over say three years and we don't qualify for the CL and then we sell him for £12M then it might be fair to say he wasn't worth the large fee being talked about. But, lets say one year he scores the winning goal which gets us CL and all that additional cash, or say wins us the FA cup in extra time, and then goes on to be sold for £18M later on, then he might be seen as a good value purchase.
So, yeah, fair point you're making and I'm with you that it's a lot of money, but only time would tell if it was worth it or not.
I totally agree that we'd need to sell at least one midfielder if we bring him, or anyone else for that matter, in. With talk of Sandro, Paulinho, etc leaving though, I expect at least one will leave.

Even MORE Spursy!
WE shoulda been Hoovering up their talent, not wait to see what crusty residue was left once Liverpool had sucked the last drop of spunk out of them!!!
This statement is so so true. And so beautifully scripted as well.
:adesalute:

Even MORE Spursy!
WE shoulda been Hoovering up their talent, not wait to see what crusty residue was left once Liverpool had sucked the last drop of spunk out of them!!!

The same talent we put six past in the league last year?

Id much rather 'spunk' the money Bony and a CD.

So we can put 10 past them.

Last edited:
The same talent we put six past in the league last year?

Id much rather 'spunk' the money Bony and a CD.

So we can put 10 past them.
I assume you mean CB? And I agree and disagree. I don't think we need Bony at all, at the same time I don't think we need Schneiderlin as we have so many other center back pairings that can do the job just as well. However we could do with a new center back... Then again Veljkovic looks very good so who knows, Poch might think he's good enough to be 4th/5th choice.

I assume you mean CB? And I agree and disagree. I don't think we need Bony at all, at the same time I don't think we need Schneiderlin as we have so many other center back pairings that can do the job just as well. However we could do with a new center back... Then again Veljkovic looks very good so who knows, Poch might think he's good enough to be 4th/5th choice.

Yep CB.

Judging by the American tour we don't need Bony. Judging by the prem last year we do need him. If we do only go with one recognized striker I think Ade and Kane can be good. But if we go with 2, I can't see Soldado getting us the goals we need to be 4th.

I dont think he will score enough, and on the flip side his lack of impact in the general game (he can disappear) will cost us at the back.

If he had the ferocious will, positioning and general tigerishness of a Scholes etc I would not mind. But he's so passive off the ball and on it that he's a bit of a pushover/non event.

But lets hope it was a supply chain issue and that previous supply chain is fixed. Now that Southhampton are digging in their heels, I think the money it will take won't fix the main reasons we spun our wheels in Europaville.

I thought Origi was shit in the World Cup. He looked sluggish, off-pace and distinctly average. Very much like Yaya Sanogo. His record in Ligue 1 is appalling. I don't get the fanfare surrounding him to be honest.

I thougjt he looked decent. Also, no his record in ligue 1 is not bad at all. He scored aomething like seven goals from LW. He didnt start most games and didnt play that much. I wish we had him.

Bony is a brilliant striker he would improve us IMO, he is the type of guy in a good team could get 25-30 goals easy, his power and link up play is top notch as well, a top class forward can get an extra 10-15 points a season, if he came
I would be well happy.

CB is different as we have good cb it's just maybe one extra just in case of an injury crisis would be nice.

I would rather not sign bony. He managed a progressive 16 llast season which is impressive against Soldado's unadventurous 6. But I honestly feel , if given the support, Soldado could bag us goals and when it matters, that's the key for me. Too many of these big brutus forwards bully their way but struggle against the better sides. Soldado is an intelligent player and hopefully should come good.

I would rather not sign bony. He managed a progressive 16 llast season which is impressive against Soldado's unadventurous 6. But I honestly feel , if given the support, Soldado could bag us goals and when it matters, that's the key for me. Too many of these big brutus forwards bully their way but struggle against the better sides. Soldado is an intelligent player and hopefully should come good.
i agree with this, but worry that if he doesnt score a few early his head will drop quickly.

He got a ton of support from fans this year and scored one goal from open play.

Making sound waves and putting thumbs up in the air is not going to make soldado score more than bony given the same supply and chances.

Bony will make more happen with his athleticism.

I don't want a striker where the stars have aligned in order for him to score. He is dominating the who would you start thread. And the same players behind him are also in that thread. Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon and holtby. All avb era players that had a terrible time breaking down defenses with soldado at the helm.

I hope poch is not going to make the same mistakes as AVB.

IMO your 'get behind him' mantra should be aimed at ade. The lack of respect he has is shocking.

Schneiderlin would be a quality buy at around 15-18m, but thanks to utd/lolerpool there is now a silly premium attached to soton players. he is probably the best player 'available' in that position to us though so i wouldnt be massively bothered if we paid 20 ish but anything more is a joke.

he's better than Sandro imo, and more importantly can play more than 20 games a season. sandro has to go.

Why are people so concerned with his price tag? Its not like the tickets will become cheaper if we dont buy him. Its about time this club start spending some cash. We all dream of top 4 and CL football but the moment we start throwing the cash around its bad. Funny how last year we spent 100M on players that the manager didnt realy want and this year we cant get ONE player that the manager thinks is vital for him. As sad as it sounds if u want CL football and top finishes you have to swallow your pride and start spending the big cash.

Why are people so concerned with his price tag? Its not like the tickets will become cheaper if we dont buy him. Its about time this club start spending some cash. We all dream of top 4 and CL football but the moment we start throwing the cash around its bad. Funny how last year we spent 100M on players that the manager didnt realy want and this year we cant get ONE player that the manager thinks is vital for him. As sad as it sounds if u want CL football and top finishes you have to swallow your pride and start spending the big cash.

Maybe its the jewish influence?
tumblr_lozcw1AVBK1qciih2o1_250.gif

I think it's pretty simple. If Poch wants him as his midfield general, then we have to have him.

You'd have to think that Poch is familiar enough with our squad and has a good idea if anyone of our 100 CMs can play the role.

We can't do that though, without big money coming in from sales. Levy showed last summer that he's willing to spend, but breaking more or less even in total is what keeps us stable. However, we still have a huge squad, so it should be no problem to finance this deal for Schneiderlin by selling a few others.

We can't do that though, without big money coming in from sales. Levy showed last summer that he's willing to spend, but breaking more or less even in total is what keeps us stable. However, we still have a huge squad, so it should be no problem to finance this deal for Schneiderlin by selling a few others.
I agree with you on the fact that he is willing to spend, wasnt the managers call. These 'deals' had 10000 of subpayments and shady things (like at any transfer) that benefitted Levy more then AVB. For some reason 3/4 of the players we buy have no intrest from other big clubs and our competition is usually other midtable teams. I know we dont rly stand a chance to big clubs in terms of salary, but still. We feel so cheap... Levy runs this club as a company and for profit. The owners of Chelsk/City/PSG/MANU run theirs for pride and ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom