Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear this will trigger an avalanche of bickering on what a DM is.... but where in hell do you get that Dembele is a defensive mid? And why in hell would you think Chadli and Eriksen should/could ever play there?

Dembele is best when he tracks back, Great at winning the ball, and there's none better at keeping it. I'm also certain that he would be a great passer, if he were told to be more direct - if poch actually did get the best out of his players rather than buying 7 new ones.

The reason i mention the likes of Eriksen, Holtby and Chadli is that they could do a job as a CM if they had a purer Wanyama-esque DM next to them (Capoue/Sandro..). No, they wouldn't winning as many tackles as Schneiderlin, but with the right pressing system I'm sure they'd win a few and also make a few interceptions. But keep in mind , they are mentioned as CM alternative 5-7, and should only be backup for the backup, in case of emergency.

The point still stands: We need to not buy many new players, and CM/DM is our least voulnerable position.

But when there's quite a few pointing in a direction, and signs elsewhere indicating along that same direction, it's worth taking notice and applying context.
Often you'd find it's people repeating the same thing from the original source though

Often you'd find it's people repeating the same thing from the original source though

Happens very often, but not always. If we think about them just a little bit, I think it's not too difficult to discern the blatantly bullshit, the highly possible, and the ones worth discussing as to their plausibility.

But you're right, the one in the latter two categories are few and far between.

Whether he comes to us or not, I must admit I've enjoyed the whole Saints meltdown over a tweet.
http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51220-Morgan-tweet-wow#.U9iCVEDrWZQ :crouch:
A few interesting things, they seem to think Schneiderlin deserves a move but with a 'better' team. Also the respect they have for Poch's abilities, which is good to see. We might actually have a good manager here. Gonna be an interesting season. In a way Pochettino is in a very good position, he does not have to achieve champs league football and his previous comparison was Sherwood.

Just noticed on my FM that Schneiderlin went to Spurs a the start of the 14/15 season, and he's now been there for 10 years before being released.

IT'S AN OMEN.

Poch said the opposite in a press conference. He said that he will adjust to the spurs players he has when it comes to picking the best system.

And he hasn't looked at all of the CM players and 'obviously' decided they don't fit his system. Unless you have a link etc that claims otherwise. the world cup players are not back and ade and sandro were not fit to travel.

He in a roundabout way said he wasn't going to make many big signings.
So why do you think we are being heavily linked to MS?

Are you that naive to think what a manager says in a press conference is 100% true? Didn't the years of Harry tell you anything?! MP is hardly going to come out and say there are big holes in the squad and that some of the current crop aren't up to it. That would do wonders for player morale. He will also be well aware of the WC players attributes, having seen them at the WC a month ago and also in the league all last year. MS is clearly his preferred choice for one of the CM/DM slots.

It's clear you, like a few others, have a slight Sandro obsession and I love the guy, but injuries have taken their toll and he seems to get a major injury every few months which takes him a while to recover from and find form, then when he's getting up to speed again the next injury will strike. Its been that cycle since he's been here, meaning we cant really rely on him any more. Its a shame as he did look good 2 years back and I was hoping he'd be the world class player he was looking like he'd become, but the injuries have mounted up and we only see the occasional glimpse of that player, then he'll get injured again. I think maybe he needs to go to a slower league like Seria A where the slower pace might make him less susceptible to getting an injury. His 100mph game over here seems to do him harm. It's probably best for both parties if he goes to an Italian side and tries to stay match fit for a couple of season otherwise I fear his career will be plagued by injuries.

I'm not sure we need this guy? A fully fit Sandro and motivated Capoue can offer the defensive aspect, and we have plenty of players to start alongside them.

Seems a lot of money for a player that I don't feel will add a whole lot to us.

Just noticed on my FM that Schneiderlin went to Spurs a the start of the 14/15 season, and he's now been there for 10 years before being released.

IT'S AN OMEN.

I had a similar experience with Origi in Spurs. Saw him there, hammering in goals, before I heard of him IRL. Hoped it was 'an omen' when I saw him in the WC. Now he's a liverpoolian :/

I had a similar experience with Origi in Spurs. Saw him there, hammering in goals, before I heard of him IRL. Hoped it was 'an omen' when I saw him in the WC. Now he's a liverpoolian :/
I thought Origi was shit in the World Cup. He looked sluggish, off-pace and distinctly average. Very much like Yaya Sanogo. His record in Ligue 1 is appalling. I don't get the fanfare surrounding him to be honest.

I thought Origi was shit in the World Cup. He looked sluggish, off-pace and distinctly average. Very much like Yaya Sanogo. His record in Ligue 1 is appalling. I don't get the fanfare surrounding him to be honest.

The new Souleymane Coulibaly?

This - going to be found out soon enough

I'm not sure we need this guy? A fully fit Sandro and motivated Capoue can offer the defensive aspect, and we have plenty of players to start alongside them.

Seems a lot of money for a player that I don't feel will add a whole lot to us.

Its a player the manager wants.

Time to deliver a compulsory purchase order. :pochsmirk::levyeyes:

Ha, like Southampton fans need another reason to hate us eh? Other clubs come in and rip the heart out of their team but we'll be the one that gets a bad reputation because S'ton have decided to make a stand on the players we want.

With the chairman's comments yesterday and subsequent fallout, the only way we'll get him now is if we overpay massively. No thanks.

A few interesting things, they seem to think Schneiderlin deserves a move but with a 'better' team. Also the respect they have for Poch's abilities, which is good to see. We might actually have a good manager here. Gonna be an interesting season. In a way Pochettino is in a very good position, he does not have to achieve champs league football and his previous comparison was Sherwood.
Yep, I'm going to be very interested to see how he compares to Sherwood. The man with our highest Prem ppg, and apparently he was 'dim' 'clueless' etc. So presumably Poch will easily do better than that or .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom