Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on the fact that he is willing to spend, wasnt the managers call. These 'deals' had 10000 of subpayments and shady things (like at any transfer) that benefitted Levy more then AVB. For some reason 3/4 of the players we buy have no intrest from other big clubs and our competition is usually other midtable teams. I know we dont rly stand a chance to big clubs in terms of salary, but still. We feel so cheap... Levy runs this club as a company and for profit. The owners of Chelsk/City/PSG/MANU run theirs for pride and ego.
Imv we're doing things the right way for the longterm stability of the club. When the new stadium is in place we can start behaving a bit more like the richer clubs. As of now our dealings depend on clever business from Levy, and the odd player being sold on our "project", like Vertonghen and Eriksen f.ex.

I agree with you on the fact that he is willing to spend, wasnt the managers call. These 'deals' had 10000 of subpayments and shady things (like at any transfer) that benefitted Levy more then AVB. For some reason 3/4 of the players we buy have no intrest from other big clubs and our competition is usually other midtable teams. I know we dont rly stand a chance to big clubs in terms of salary, but still. We feel so cheap... Levy runs this club as a company and for profit. The owners of Chelsk/City/PSG/MANU run theirs for pride and ego.

You can't expect owners to behave like Abramovitch or the sheiks. They do what they do cause they have way to much money, and no reason not to have fun with it. Manu's owners can't be compared to them. You including them with the rest there just shows how clueless you are. The Glazers have put all their debts from buying the club on the club, and have the club pay the mortgages.

And just for comparison: Manu gets £128 million per year from Adidas and Chevrolet for the kits. Spurs gets £25ish million from under armour and Aia. That's a difference of 103 million, United gets 5 times the money. And That's just the top of the iceberg.

We are a much smaller club, and we NEED to make good deals. We need to make money off of our players to grow. In bigger, richer clubs, they Don't need the profit from transfers, because they make a shit ton of money from advertisement, merchandise, match day revenues, tv channels, CL and so on.

We dropped £100mil last season opened a new training ground that is being touted as one of the best in the world as well as acquiring all the land bar one business for our new stadium. Levy might be looking for a profit. But it certainly is not in the short term.

Yep CB.

Judging by the American tour we don't need Bony. Judging by the prem last year we do need him. If we do only go with one recognized striker I think Ade and Kane can be good. But if we go with 2, I can't see Soldado getting us the goals we need to be 4th.

I dont think he will score enough, and on the flip side his lack of impact in the general game (he can disappear) will cost us at the back.

If he had the ferocious will, positioning and general tigerishness of a Scholes etc I would not mind. But he's so passive off the ball and on it that he's a bit of a pushover/non event.

But lets hope it was a supply chain issue and that previous supply chain is fixed. Now that Southhampton are digging in their heels, I think the money it will take won't fix the main reasons we spun our wheels in Europaville.
I'm fed up with players that don't really care for the club but enjoy the high life so I want to embrace players like Soldado who are there now. Im a big fan of Ade but I always seem to question his attitude (his mood), his form and sometimes his ability. Whereas with Soldado, I feel he gives it all, his committed but yes, does struggle to cope with the PL chaos . He gives 100% so must improve I'm sure . I know there's no room for sentiment, winning games is priority but I truly believe Soldado will come good and should be our forward.

Imv we're doing things the right way for the longterm stability of the club. When the new stadium is in place we can start behaving a bit more like the richer clubs. As of now our dealings depend on clever business from Levy, and the odd player being sold on our "project", like Vertonghen and Eriksen f.ex.
In other words we`re behaving like a small club. A club lacking ambition
Lets look at the facts
We have one of the largest fan bases in England
We have supporters and supporters clubs all over the world
We have the 13th highest turnover of capital in European football
We fill our stadium for every league game despite never winning fuck all
We have a rich European pedigree. First English club to win a european trophy for fucks sake
Our main man in the Bahamas is a multi billionaire
Our ticket prices are among the highest in the world
Along with other clubs we are reaping the benefits os a massive TV rights cas windfall. Some 90 million a year.
So, we shouldnt be needing to sell before we buy
In other words, SPEND SOME FUCKING MONEY LEVY you tight fucking cunt and just for once BACK YOUR FUCKING MANAGER with the players that he wants to improve the team

Yep. I like how contracts are being dished out. We seem a lot less panic stations this transfer window.

I'm fed up with players that don't really care for the club but enjoy the high life so I want to embrace players like Soldado who are there now. Im a big fan of Ade but I always seem to question his attitude (his mood), his form and sometimes his ability. Whereas with Soldado, I feel he gives it all, his committed but yes, does struggle to cope with the PL chaos . He gives 100% so must improve I'm sure . I know there's no room for sentiment, winning games is priority but I truly believe Soldado will come good and should be our forward.

Ade was chasing down goalkeepers, linking up with eriksen, brought new life into Kane and helped a derp manager get the best ever prem points average. His goals got kept us in Europe.

His latest post was how he was happy to be back training with Spurs, and said last season that he was looking forward to a proper preseason with us.

His one drop in form IMO was not helped by the hollowing:

AVB negative tactics
AVB playing Defoe with Ade (Defoe is greedy)
AVB pushing Bale (bale would shoot on sight and ignore Ade and Defoe)
Lennon had never clicked with Ade.

Let's face it: he was amazing in his first season. Loads of goals and 11 prem assists.

He had a poor period for sure, but then came back with a bang.

He does like the good life, but City paid a large chunk of his wages so it's not all our money he is spending.

He has two years left on his contract. I think he needs to be embraced by a club for once.

Ade gave his all last season. So much to the point after a game Sherwood said Ade had to have ice strapped to most of his body.

If my money depended on it , I would place it on Bony to out score Soldado. However, I'm not a fan of the powerhouse forward. It's all to chaotic for me. I would certainly back Soldado to score more important goals and that's what matters. I have no evidence to back this up because last season he was poor. That said , he must have gained some experience/ new coach, so should improve .

Ade was chasing down goalkeepers, linking up with eriksen, brought new life into Kane and helped a derp manager get the best ever prem points average. His goals got kept us in Europe.

His latest post was how he was happy to be back training with Spurs, and said last season that he was looking forward to a proper preseason with us.

His one drop in form IMO was not helped by the hollowing:

AVB negative tactics
AVB playing Defoe with Ade (Defoe is greedy)
AVB pushing Bale (bale would shoot on sight and ignore Ade and Defoe)
Lennon had never clicked with Ade.

Let's face it: he was amazing in his first season. Loads of goals and 11 prem assists.

He had a poor period for sure, but then came back with a bang.

He does like the good life, but City paid a large chunk of his wages so it's not all our money he is spending.

He has two years left on his contract. I think he needs to be embraced by a club for once.
I agree. Let's hope it all comes good for the club. Ade, Soldado and others all need to show passion and fight and commitment . At his best (Ade) is a better forward than the Bonys of the footballing world. IMO.

If my money depended on it , I would place it on Bony to out score Soldado. However, I'm not a fan of the powerhouse forward. It's all to chaotic for me. I would certainly back Soldado to score more important goals and that's what matters. I have no evidence to back this up because last season he was poor. That said , he must have gained some experience/ new coach, so should improve .

IMO for Soldado to do well, the derp needs to be dropped.

Townsend, Naughton, rose and Lennons brand of wingplay did him no favors.

It was Ade and Paulinho who set him up for his 2 goals in open play.

We used to be a bigger club than City or Chelsea. The reason they have overtaken us is that they have owners who invest significant money in their clubs, ours haven't to anywhere near that extent.

When we were winning significant amounts of trophies in the 60s we were amongst the biggest spenders. It's that simple basically. Of course you can spend big and fail, but if we don't spend big the chances of us getting back to the level of club we were when I started following Spurs are minimal.

We know ENIC won't spend significant money, (net spend including wages), so 6th is about our natural place, 1st is simply not going to happen without new owners/stadium.

I agree. Let's hope it all comes good for the club. Ade, Soldado and others all need to show passion and fight and commitment . At his best (Ade) is a better forward than the Bonys of the footballing world. IMO.

I think that's why i have a soft spot for Soldado. He hasn't been able to put it together, but at least it seems like he's trying out there. If he can get on the same page as our CAMs and Wingers I think he can produce.

We made £90m last year solely from TV revenue. http://www.tsmplug.com/football/premier-league-prize-money/

Since the 08/09 transfer window our net spend is roughly zero give or take a couple of million either way depending on what transfer numbers you believe. Even with the training ground and the impending stadium expenditures it isn't ludicrous to think we could afford a moderate net spend of +10 to 20m.

Plus, having already flipped Livermore for 8m and likely selling Sandro for 10-14 million we'll have almost fully covered the Schneiderlin price. Seems like a fair trade off to me. Slightly lower numbers in the midfield while adding a more complete player who can play as a lone DM or as a box to box midfielder.

Koeman: Schneiderlin going nowhere

The new Saints boss has confirmed the club has put is foot down and is not willing to let the French international leave, despite the player handing in a transfer request

Want-away midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin will not be leaving Southampton, according to manager Ronald Koeman.

Schneiderlin handed in a transfer request during the week after criticising the club on Twitter for blocking a move to Premier League rivals Tottenham, managed by former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino.

The France international was a notable absentee from Southampton's 3-1 pre-season win over Brighton on Thursday.

But Koeman has no intention of parting ways with Schneiderlin, having already lost captain Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, Dejan Lovren, Calum Chambers and Rickie Lambert ahead of the 2014-15 campaign.

"It's the decision of the board but I don't talk about it," Koeman told Sky Sports News. "He's a player at Southampton and he will continue as a player at Southampton.

"But I don't like to talk about that situation. I spoke to Morgan two days ago and he is still not in the shape to play a friendly at this level. He needs more training sessions. If he's ready he will play.

"Normally he will play next week against Bayer Leverkusen [Southampton's final pre-season friendly]."

While the core of Southampton's squad has been pulled apart, Koeman has attempted to fill the void by signing Dusan Tadic and Graziano Pelle, and Ryan Bertrand on a season-long loan deal.

And the Dutchman expects to add to his arrivals in the coming days, with Celtic goalkeeper Fraser Forster, Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez and Inter winger Ezequiel Schelotto all linkedto St Mary's.

"There is no news on that and still no news on other players," he said. "We are close to signing two or three players and we hope to do that by this weekend.

"I won't talk about any of the players but we are looking to bring in players into this squad at the level that we need to have a good season."

Southampton's first Premier League fixture of the season is against Liverpool at Anfield on August 17.

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875.../01/4996859/koeman-schneiderlin-going-nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom