Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangweibaliu

No, I'm not Asian. Why do you ask?
"The £18m-rated Southampton midfielder tells Goal that Spurs have a "great future" under Mauricio Pochettino and is keen to re-unite with the former Saints boss"

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...iderlin?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:pochsmirk: "Bienvenidos!"

I just think its funny that Borini would have been sunderland's highest paid player, one of their largest transfers ever...and even he was all "fuck it, shit club, rather waste on the bench then wear that shitty kit again."

EDIT: lol...thought this was the talk shit thread. My b bruvs

How good is this guy - honest question

Better than Sandro / Capoue?
As far as I've seen his tackling and pace has been phenomenal (beat Ade and Walker on the sides numerous times while defending) and has a great ability to pass from deep (which is something that we've been missing) to the sides or to the higher midfielders.

According to Squawka...

Schneiderlin
33 Appearances
2 Goals
33% Shot Accuracy
30 Chances Created
89% Pass accuracy
49% Duels Won
4 Average Defensive Actions

Capoue
12 Appearances
1 Goal
50% Shot Accuracy
3 Chances Created
84% Pass Accuracy
45% Duels Won
5 Average Defensive Actions

Sandro
17 Appearances
1 Goal
40% Shot Accuracy
7 Chances Created
84% Pass Accuracy
39% Duels Won
4 Average Defensive Actions

As far as I've seen his tackling and pace has been phenomenal (beat Ade and Walker on the sides numerous times while defending) and has a great ability to pass from deep (which is something that we've been missing) to the sides or to the higher midfielders.

Makes Yaya look like a mug at 5:00 :ade:

Would be a decent signing I reckon. From what I've seen of him and what I remember from last season, he looks composed and strong on the ball, provides decent ball service (short and long) and is a hard tackler. Could really do well to balance out our midfield which will be in desperate need of an opposing figure if Sandro is indeed to depart.

Better than what Cap has shown us, way worse than Sandro at his best, currently a safer option than Sandro though as we still don't know how he'll be after that injury...

Not so sure about that. Schneiderlin is quality and has the added bonus of not getting injured, or sent off/suspended every few months. He also wouldn't need a long time to adapt to a new playing style, since he knows Pochettino's methods well.

I fear that Sandro will be one of those players you always think 'what if?' about cos of his injuries. As sad as it is to see such a character leave (he's practically a mascot that's plays football), we should sell him now while we can still get a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom