Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'm going to be very interested to see how he compares to Sherwood. The man with our highest Prem ppg, and apparently he was 'dim' 'clueless' etc. So presumably Poch will easily do better than that or .....
05d.jpg

Yep, I'm going to be very interested to see how he compares to Sherwood. The man with our highest Prem ppg, and apparently he was 'dim' 'clueless' etc. So presumably Poch will easily do better than that or .....
:avbfacepalm:

Scattergun management that just about worked for the short term he was in charge and would have killed us in the long term. When Poch beats West Ham on the opening day he'll have the best points per game ratio... get a bigger sample.

May have answered our own question here.....maybe Sandro's injury problems could be long term..?

Or he just wants to leave.
Quite possibly. But then we won't be able to sell him as he won't pass a medical, so the point remains. Plus, I'd rather persist with Sandro for another year or so to see if we can get the best from him.

But even without him, I'd still say we have enough bodies in midfield. Pauli, Capoue, Holtby, Bentaleb, Dembele, Carroll (and even Mason might get a chance this year).

Personally, unless we're signing a clear upgrade on what we have already (which in my opinions MS is not), then there's not point fighting with Soton for his signature. There's plenty more fish in the sea.

Quite possibly. But then we won't be able to sell him as he won't pass a medical, so the point remains. Plus, I'd rather persist with Sandro for another year or so to see if we can get the best from him.

But even without him, I'd still say we have enough bodies in midfield. Pauli, Capoue, Holtby, Bentaleb, Dembele, Carroll (and even Mason might get a chance this year).

Personally, unless we're signing a clear upgrade on what we have already (which in my opinions MS is not), then there's not point fighting with Soton for his signature. There's plenty more fish in the sea.
All fair points, but my take on it is if Poch wants MS we, (and Levy) should back him, not blindly, but perhaps with a more open mind as to how he will fit into Poch's plans for the team.

They will not keep a player who risks blowing up an already dismembered team!!
f0928683df.jpg

Bad luck its already happening

I find it funny how some people see players as so one dimensional: We already have a player in that position who his good so why would we get another in that position. Football teams don't work like that, there are many facets to most players, strengths and weaknesses that impact whether a player fits with the others around him, with the club, the manager, etc. not just his overal FIFA or FM rating.
I rate Sandro, and Paulinho and Dembelle, and the other central midfielders we have too, but Schnederlin offers different things and perhaps that all fits better with where we need to be this coming season as a team.

All fair points, but my take on it is if Poch wants MS we, (and Levy) should back him, not blindly, but perhaps with a more open mind as to how he will fit into Poch's plans for the team.
Oh I agree completely, we should back him in the transfer market, but I've seen figures of £25m banded around, and now they've dug their heels in they'll probably want more. I'm not sure he's worth the first figure, let alone a higher one.

I find it funny how some people see players as so one dimensional: We already have a player in that position who his good so why would we get another in that position. Football teams don't work like that, there are many facets to most players, strengths and weaknesses that impact whether a player fits with the others around him, with the club, the manager, etc. not just his overal FIFA or FM rating.
I rate Sandro, and Paulinho and Dembelle, and the other central midfielders we have too, but Schnederlin offers different things and perhaps that all fits better with where we need to be this coming season as a team.
But will we be getting value for money, is the question. I've no doubt MS has different traits, strengths and weaknesses, but that doesn't mean we should have 17 central midfielders. He is being valued at an exceptionally high amount of money, and for me, he won't add enough quality to warrant paying that sum.

I love the fact that Southampton are SUDDENLY playing keep ball with their players as soon as WE'RE interested in what's left of their squad!
They've sold every player right left and centre since the Summer began, but NOW they're deciding they're NOT a selling club after all...
So Spursy!!
Only WE could hire a Prostitute the day she decides to become a Nun!

I love the fact that Southampton are SUDDENLY playing keep ball with their players as soon as WE'RE interested in what's left of their squad!
They've sold every player right left and centre since the Summer began, but NOW they're deciding they're NOT a selling club after all...
So Spursy!!
Only WE could hire a Prostitute the day she decides to become a Nun!

Yeah, but none of of those teams have Pochettino as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom