Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats that then. Im sure we'll get over it.....I didnt see his name being bandied around willy nilly all last season as a player we need.

Come to think of it, the hype started when we were linked, so Im sure it will die down as quickly.

Lloris and Vertonghen have committed, now its time to get Sandro on board and focused.

Thats what I call a spine.

Last edited:
Thats that then. Im sure we'll get over it.....I didnt see his name being bandied around willy nilly all last season as a player we need.

Come to think of it, the hype started when we were linked, so Im sure it will die down as quickly.

Lloris and Vertonghen have committed, now its time to get Sandro on board and focused.

Thats what I call a spine.

You're right but I just liked how he seemed to be desperate to come here, reunite with his former manager and become a part of the team. The prospect of signing someone who would (hopefully) have been 100% committed to this club just got me excited. Oh well, nothing we can do now.

Sure wasn't "settled" when AVB made similar quotes about Bale last fall. We'll see how it turns out, but I don't think it's assured to be over at this point.

Southampton will look like even bigger fools if he does come...

1. "His price 27M must be met"
2. Price is met
3. Leaked to BBC
4. Chairman: "He's not for sale"
5. One hour later player tweets about club being destroyed in "one hour"
6. Player hands in transfer request
7. Manager says its been denied and he's not for sale

Embarrassing

Southampton will look like even bigger fools if he does come...

1. "His price 27M must be met"
2. Price is met
3. Leaked to BBC
4. Chairman: "He's not for sale"
5. One hour later player tweets about club being destroyed in "one hour"
6. Player hands in transfer request
7. Manager says its been denied and he's not for sale

Embarrassing

All very true. Certainly makes it less likely, but I don't think it over just yet.

The same talent we put six past in the league last year?

Id much rather 'spunk' the money Bony and a CD.

So we can put 10 past them.
Yes because that's how football works. "We scored 6 goals against you over 2 games, your team and defence is shit".

Look past the fact they finished 8th and their players have been sold so far for a grand total of £90m(ish) by people with far more football knowledge than you or I.

Fantastic logic Gibbsy.

I thougjt he looked decent. Also, no his record in ligue 1 is not bad at all. He scored aomething like seven goals from LW. He didnt start most games and didnt play that much. I wish we had him.
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=69109&season_id=143

5 goals. Started 12. Played 18 last season. That's ok, but not anything to shout about in the French League. He scored against:

Lorient - 8th
Sochaux - 18th (relegated)
Evian - 14th
Monaco - 2nd
Valenciennes - 19th (relegated)

Don't get me wrong, you can only play what's in front of you, but he's hardly lit a fairly average league up.

£10m just seems like a lot of money for an unproven player coming from that level. Chamakh and Giroud had very good records in that league. I wouldn't touch either of them now. Of course there are players that have been successful, but Origi just doesn't look like he "has it" - if that makes any sense!

You're right but I just liked how he seemed to be desperate to come here, reunite with his former manager and become a part of the team. The prospect of signing someone who would (hopefully) have been 100% committed to this club just got me excited. Oh well, nothing we can do now.
The bloke tweeted that his 6 years at the club had been destroyed in 1 hour because he didn't get his way. Why would he be any more committed to us than them? If we bought him and next summer Liverpool bid for him, he'd do the same.

The bloke tweeted that his 6 years at the club had been destroyed in 1 hour because he didn't get his way. Why would he be any more committed to us than them? If we bought him and next summer Liverpool bid for him, he'd do the same.

Totally agree.

I dont like players going on strike or tweeting to get moves, even if its to us.

We are far from the top of the food chain. Basically just the next step for players on their way to Madrid or Utd.

Hopefully that will change under Poch.

Yes because that's how football works. "We scored 6 goals against you over 2 games, your team and defence is shit".

Look past the fact they finished 8th and their players have been sold so far for a grand total of £90m(ish) by people with far more football knowledge than you or I.

Fantastic logic Gibbsy.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=69109&season_id=143

5 goals. Started 12. Played 18 last season. That's ok, but not anything to shout about in the French League. He scored against:

Lorient - 8th
Sochaux - 18th (relegated)
Evian - 14th
Monaco - 2nd
Valenciennes - 19th (relegated)

Don't get me wrong, you can only play what's in front of you, but he's hardly lit a fairly average league up.

£10m just seems like a lot of money for an unproven player coming from that level. Chamakh and Giroud had very good records in that league. I wouldn't touch either of them now. Of course there are players that have been successful, but Origi just doesn't look like he "has it" - if that makes any sense!

my 10 goals comment was a joke.

And we did put 6 past them. And finished above them.

And if we sold our star players we'd get more so not sure what your rant is all about.

Are you saying they are a better team than us? What's your point exactly? Because you know you are attacking me for backing us over them right?

Last edited:
Totally agree.

I dont like players going on strike or tweeting to get moves, even if its to us.

We are far from the top of the food chain. Basically just the next step for players on their way to Madrid or Utd.

Hopefully that will change under Poch.

I wouldn't read into social media too much, remember Sandro last year tweeting against Sherwood, it's modern players, it's might not be right but that the way it is, things that should be done behind closed door are now public.

Schniederlin's position is also bizarre, Southampton basically said 'we are a sinking ship' and all the rat starting running away then when Schniederlin tries to do the same he gets the door slammed in his face. Would screw up any player, not sure why the saints would even want to keep Schniederlin and JR as neither will be that interested in the coming season.

It's a short career, few of our players are Spurs fans and most players just want to play for a team on their level, when it comes down to it clubs are the same as playersas well. Dawson great servant soon to be booted out, we waste no time getting rid of players, loyalty in football is a rarity, players and clubs, only fans tend to be loyal to a particular team.

Argue about the morality of football all day but the reality is what it is.

The same talent we put six past in the league last year?

Id much rather 'spunk' the money Bony and a CD.

So we can put 10 past them.

Well got a new CB so now just the striker, I am guessing Poch is pushing for Schniederlin and JR because he believes they are good enough to play his style of football, I am not against signing them but Bony, Remy or basically a good Prem goalscorer is something we will regret if we don't get.

Dawson is only 'loyal' because nobody better has ever tried to sign him and as 'club captain' I'm sure he's on a nice amount of dosh. It's not hard to be loyal to THFC when the likes of Hull and QPR are you're other options. He's likely far more comfortable than he is loyal.

Dawson is only 'loyal' because nobody better has ever tried to sign him and as 'club captain' I'm sure he's on a nice amount of dosh. It's not hard to be loyal to THFC when the likes of Hull and QPR are you're other options. He's likely far more comfortable than he is loyal.

That is it. Everyone is loyal until the bigger teams with more money come calling.

Dawson doesn't get that though as he is shit.

The sooner Hugo is announce club captain the better for all !

Am I missing something? If a club says a player is not for sale. Then who/why put a price tag on him?
Dotntcha know. Its like "he is not for sale at any price. One of the best we have, oh you bid 100 mill? He sucked majority of hes career anyway"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom