Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
:adesalute:

MDA95OA.gif

:pochsmirk:

Last edited:
I find it funny how some people see players as so one dimensional: We already have a player in that position who his good so why would we get another in that position. Football teams don't work like that, there are many facets to most players, strengths and weaknesses that impact whether a player fits with the others around him, with the club, the manager, etc. not just his overal FIFA or FM rating.
I rate Sandro, and Paulinho and Dembelle, and the other central midfielders we have too, but Schnederlin offers different things and perhaps that all fits better with where we need to be this coming season as a team.

Schneiderlin is far better than Sandro. The latter is put on a ridiculous pedestal by Spurs fans, he is nowhere near as good as a lot of us think he is. Schneiderlin can tackle just as well as Sandro, his distribution and ball retention is far superior and he is much more likely to create a chance than "Beast" (cringe). He would be a superb signing for anything between £12 million and £20 million.

What I find strange about Southamptons decision to single out Schneiderlin, is that they are making life difficult for one of their most loyal players. He's been with them through several promotions and now he has the chance for a bigger move. I understand his outrage, especially since the club's long term plans seem to have change drastically when Cortese left.

Exactly. Why they're being choads to this guy over any of the others, especially Lovren, makes absolutely no sense. Very unfair of them to permit so many to depart, and then close the gate right as one of their most loyal players for years was on the verge of leaving. I do wish he wouldn't have done the tweet, but I do feel his anger is certainly justified.

Last edited:
Dawson is only 'loyal' because nobody better has ever tried to sign him and as 'club captain' I'm sure he's on a nice amount of dosh. It's not hard to be loyal to THFC when the likes of Hull and QPR are you're other options. He's likely far more comfortable than he is loyal.

That is it. Everyone is loyal until the bigger teams with more money come calling.

Dawson doesn't get that though as he is shit.

I'm honestly impressed Gibbs, still fighting now despite all this. Have always commended your incredible resolve/stubbornness, but this is a whole different level. Truly impressed indeed.

Let's just tell Gibbsy that his name is really Schneiderlinho and then he won't be able to wait for him to come to Spurs.

I love the fact that Southampton are SUDDENLY playing keep ball with their players as soon as WE'RE interested in what's left of their squad!
They've sold every player right left and centre since the Summer began, but NOW they're deciding they're NOT a selling club after all...
So Spursy!!
Only WE could hire a Prostitute the day she decides to become a Nun!

Dawson is only 'loyal' because nobody better has ever tried to sign him and as 'club captain' I'm sure he's on a nice amount of dosh. It's not hard to be loyal to THFC when the likes of Hull and QPR are you're other options. He's likely far more comfortable than he is loyal.

What I find strange about Southamptons decision to single out Schneiderlin, is that they are making life difficult for one of their most loyal players. He's been with them through several promotions and now he has the chance for a bigger move. I understand his outrage, especially since the club's long term plans seem to have changed drastically when Cortese left.

Last edited:
I swear to god I didn't plagiarize you in the other thread. But thank you for your detail, and yes this is spot on. Really interesting history about this region.

This is Johnathan Schmid, a winger for SC Freiburg from the same region. If he looks even remotely French to anyone, my guess is this is the first day you ever found a computer:

Jonathan_Schmid.jpg

He looks like he gets off on shitting on women. Yup, very Germanic.

Why are linked with this overpriced average player anyway?

Both Capoue and Sandro are better options, imv and on our books already - why waste fees, agents' commission, etc. to bring a player who doesn't improve us in the slightest in a position we're well covered. Make no sense.

Fuck this Saints bullshit media wank-off reacharound and the dog-tired Poch connection!

No - we don't want your average players!
I see no problem with trying to get players that Pochettino knows, trusts and wants to continue working with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom