Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it simply means Saints were shit and defending more than others hence the high figures

I'm not suggesting that is true - simply outlining how these often meaningless numbers can me massaged to fit any number of agenda

One must be wary

Christ you are paranoid. Stats can be incredibly useful if they are contextualized like cahspur cahspur just did.

I see many are puzzled about his surname. Schneiderlin's family comes from the Alsace-region. Alsace was a part of Alsace-Loreaine which was annexed by the German empire after the Franco-Prussian war in 1871 until 1918. They therefore have long German linguistic traditions there.

I see many are puzzled about his surname. Schneiderlin's family comes from the Alsace-region. Alsace was a part of Alsace-Loreaine which was annexed by the German empire after the Franco-Prussian war in 1871 until 1918. They therefore have long German linguistic traditions there.

I swear to god I didn't plagiarize you in the other thread. But thank you for your detail, and yes this is spot on. Really interesting history about this region.

This is Johnathan Schmid, a winger for SC Freiburg from the same region. If he looks even remotely French to anyone, my guess is this is the first day you ever found a computer:

Jonathan_Schmid.jpg

I swear to god I didn't plagiarize you in the other thread. But thank you for your detail, and yes this is spot on. Really interesting history about this region.

This is Johnathan Schmid, a winger for SC Freiburg from the same region. If he looks even remotely French to anyone, my guess is this is the first day you ever found a computer:

Jonathan_Schmid.jpg

He looks like he gets off on shitting on women. Yup, very Germanic.

Ugh, I wish. Being in the military means no weed for me.

You don't smoke salvia or any of that bullshit then do you? Know far too many guys who smoke that tripe when they get drug-tested often for whatever reason, and it's just complete shit for your body. Why that is legal, but marijuana isn't, is just beyond me.

9/10 when we have a teenager who comes in acting weird with their body wiggin' out, we find metabolites of salvia in their piss.

You don't smoke salvia or any of that bullshit then do you? Know far too many guys who smoke that tripe when they get drug-tested often for whatever reason, and it's just complete shit for your body. Why that is legal, but marijuana isn't, is just beyond me.

9/10 when we have a teenager who comes in acting weird with their body wiggin' out, we find metabolites of salvia in their piss.

Fuck that shit. If I were to put something horrible for me into my body it would be heroin. Because I imagine it's fucking AWESOME! Not stupid ass salvia.

Bro-james

The French look like the world. You could show me any randomly selected person on earth who lives on more than pennies a say, say the person is French, and I'd say, "far out."

Haha doesn't all of the Western world now? Hell, my own lady is as Caucasian as jumping ability is.

Simply referring to the ethnicity though. Of course by now there's been loads of blend, especially in Alsace between the two ethnicities being discussed, but to me Griezmann appears ethnically French despite his German surname.

But hell, I'm an American commenting on European continental ethnicity appearances so I don't blame you one bit if you think I'm entirely wrong.

Simply referring to the ethnicity though. Of course by now there's been loads of blend, especially in Alsace between the two ethnicities being discussed, but to me Griezmann appears ethnically French despite his German surname.
But that's my point. Ethnicity doesn't have a "look". It has a set of practices. France especially is (theoretically) a continuous exercise of this view of ethnicity. Plenty of French are light or have blonde hair--the mob down the road had a beast for many seasons with long, flowing Fabio-esque blond locks. Or is it the cheekbones or what… none of it fits.

But that's my point. Ethnicity doesn't have a "look". It has a set of practices. France especially is (theoretically) a continuous exercise of this view of ethnicity. Plenty of French are light or have blonde hair--the mob down the road had a beast for many seasons with long, flowing Fabio-esque blond locks. Or is it the cheekbones or what… none of it fits.

Honestly my friend, it was nothing more than a light observation that I'm perfectly willing to accept I was wrong about. :thumbup: Certainly not worth getting into a debate over the definition of ethnicity, or culture, over.

Edit: More importantly, if you're French and you feel my observation offended you, then I sincerely apologize.

As far as I've seen his tackling and pace has been phenomenal (beat Ade and Walker on the sides numerous times while defending) and has a great ability to pass from deep (which is something that we've been missing) to the sides or to the higher midfielders.

With his defence splitting balls he looks like a pacy Dawson. Except his can pass, tackle and play in midfield. When he dribbles he reminds me of Crouchy too. :bentley:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom