Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuggin impressive defensive numbers under that context.
Or it simply means Saints were shit and defending more than others hence the high figures

I'm not suggesting that is true - simply outlining how these often meaningless numbers can me massaged to fit any number of agenda

One must be wary

Or it simply means Saints were shit and defending more than others hence the high figures

I'm not suggesting that is true - simply outlining how these often meaningless numbers can me massaged to fit any number of agenda

One must be wary

Considering they had the highest possession percentage of any side in the Prem last season, they actually defended the very least in truth. So thanks breh for bringing that up, as it actually adds to the significance of that context.

Considering they had the highest possession percentage of any side in the Prem last season, they actually defended the very least in truth. So thanks breh for bringing that up, as it actually adds to the significance of that context.
Having possession means little if you just knock the ball around in the centre - you can still end up having to defend 20+ counter-attacks whenever you lose it.

Having possession means little if you just knock the ball around in the centre - you can still end up having to defend 20+ counter-attacks whenever you lose it.

They also played more forward passes than anyone else, and tied for the longest pass on average. Quite the opposite of futzing about in the middle.

Do you know anything about Saints from last season or do you just enjoy playing devil's advocate?

They also played more forward passes than anyone else, and tied for the longest pass on average. Quite the opposite of futzing about in the middle.

Do you know anything about Saints from last season or do you just enjoy playing devil's advocate?
I'm simply reminding that signing players based on meaningless, fan-boy wanker blogs stats is dangerous

I'm simply reminding that signing players based on meaningless, fan-boy wanker blogs stats is dangerous

Well brohamlet, I'm pleased to inform you that I have upmost confidence the club does not, nor any other on earth, execute their transfer business in such a manner.

As for my own opinion, I don't make whimsical decisions based on a few stats.

I base it upon whether or not they have good hair. :pochsmirk:

Well brohamlet, I'm pleased to inform you that I have upmost confidence the club does not, nor any other on earth, execute their transfer business in such a manner.

In that case - he is your man

22af90ce-cddb-11e2-8436-c1c2ce0b17d5_web_scale_0.1405811_0.1405811__.JPG.h380.JPG.568.JPG

Rep for Brohamlet :ade:

If anyone - should be Capoue who walks, Sandro is a beast.

Not sure I like the sound of this

Like Sandro, I think like Kaboul and of course old Ledley the question marks are of his long term fitness rather than ability. If Sandro is shown to be fit long term we need to keep him, Capoue I have yet to make my mind up to be honest liked some of his early performances but was very disappointed with him in the second part of the season looked completely unfit either that or didn't give a shit, a DM should be the fittest and most determined player on the pitch like old Scotty Parker (when he was young).

Sky Bet make Tottenham odds-on favourites to sign Morgan Schneiderlin ahead of north London rivals Woolwich this summer.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...schneiderlin-ahead-of-Woolwich-say-bookmakers

Enlighten me further.

Have you never seen King of the Hill? Aw, man.. great show by Mike Judge (Office Space, Beavis and Butthead) and Greg Daniels (writer for the Simpsons, American version of the office). You should check it out on Netflix if you can. Pilot episode is a little slow, but the show picks up. Probably considered one of the best animated shows of all time over here.

and apparently Daniels wrote some Parks and Rec as well, so malaria face arcspace might like it.

but, uh, to keep this on topic.. probably unfair to Capoue to sign Schneiderlin before we see what he can do over a season. Not that I have a problem with Schneiderlin, but those funds might be better spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom