Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see Southampton selling Lovren or Schneiderlin if monkeys kidknapp them both.
Mtdcy.gif

But that's my point. Ethnicity doesn't have a "look". It has a set of practices. France especially is (theoretically) a continuous exercise of this view of ethnicity. Plenty of French are light or have blonde hair--the mob down the road had a beast for many seasons with long, flowing Fabio-esque blond locks. Or is it the cheekbones or what… none of it fits.
That's because we all originate from Africa, that did not make much sense at first either.!

The enquiry sends shivers down my spine, he's taken the place of Remy as the player I do not want hope he fucks off to Liverpool for 30m.

I'm not surprised Poch wants him, but I really struggle to understand why unless he intends to play him at striker. We won't get the space in transition as he had at Saints, so I'm not sure how well he'll be able to run his LWF/2nd striker role that was used at Saints. J Rod's game heavily relies on pace, especially for the above-mentioned role, so why in the hell are we chasing a player fresh off an ACL injury to fill this role?

Can't necessarily say I'm "opposed" to it because I'm sure there very well may be things I don't know involved such as the specific role Poch wants to play him in, or the status of his recovery/treatment used, but as of right now I'm entirely baffled as to why we're interested over players like Kono, Depay, or any others available.

For what it's worth I'm all for us buying English, but just not a knackered J Rod. Would rather pip Ings off Burnley if we're going for an English striker.

They haven't sold anyone at a cut rate all summer. I don't expect that to change now, and 25 mill seems appropriate given the other fees they've wrangled. He's more influential than Lallana, and probably not as much upside as Shaw. So he falls right in the middle.

Granted, we should never pay that.

According to Squawka...

Schneiderlin
33 Appearances
2 Goals
33% Shot Accuracy
30 Chances Created
89% Pass accuracy
49% Duels Won
4 Average Defensive Actions

Capoue
12 Appearances
1 Goal
50% Shot Accuracy
3 Chances Created
84% Pass Accuracy
45% Duels Won
5 Average Defensive Actions

Sandro
17 Appearances
1 Goal
40% Shot Accuracy
7 Chances Created
84% Pass Accuracy
39% Duels Won
4 Average Defensive Actions

This is why southampton are saying he is 27m, we should have moved faster for him but I think it might be too late now. We can release funds through the sale of either one of Paulinho,dembele or sandro.

They haven't sold anyone at a cut rate all summer.
That's not quite true. They've gotten good price yes, but the big ones have been less than what they demanded early on in similiar fashion to what they ask for Schneiderlin now.
They were talking 40 for Shaw, 30 for Lallana and 25 for Lovren - all were sold for less
If Schneiderlin push for a move I reckon he can be signed for 20

I like Schneiderlin but if its £20m for a player we already have stacks of options in seems a bit... Odd.
Don't know where the £20m figure is coming from, but this buy makes sense considering it seems just a matter of time before Sandro is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom