Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Question is do we need him if we have Capoue and Sandro, is he different enough to complement them, say we play a 4-2-3-1 could he partner Sandro and not make our midfield too defensive? I don't know enough about Schneiderlin to be honest or how much he would improve us.

I think the cards are continuing to accumulate that suggest Sandro is on the way out. The reporter that's been pushing this the most, Stobart, is saying Schneiderlin is a Sandro replacement. Take it as you will.

I still have rather mixed feelings about it, but given the fitness concerns and Schneiderlin's compatibility with Poch it does make sense.

Having possession means little if you just knock the ball around in the centre - you can still end up having to defend 20+ counter-attacks whenever you lose it.

They also played more forward passes than anyone else, and tied for the longest pass on average. Quite the opposite of futzing about in the middle.

Do you know anything about Saints from last season or do you just enjoy playing devil's advocate?

I'm simply reminding that signing players based on meaningless, fan-boy wanker blogs stats is dangerous

Well brohamlet, I'm pleased to inform you that I have upmost confidence the club does not, nor any other on earth, execute their transfer business in such a manner.

As for my own opinion, I don't make whimsical decisions based on a few stats.

I base it upon whether or not they have good hair. :pochsmirk:

Or it simply means Saints were shit and defending more than others hence the high figures

I'm not suggesting that is true - simply outlining how these often meaningless numbers can me massaged to fit any number of agenda

One must be wary

Christ you are paranoid. Stats can be incredibly useful if they are contextualized like cahspur cahspur just did.

Why would the board let him go for less after saying he is staying?

Him being angry that a move didnt happen is not going to get Woolwich or whoever else wants him to pay more. Him being angry at the board is not going to make Lev dig any deeper.

I would belive a move would happen only if it were a cut price move. Now I can't see that happening if the board is digging in their heels.
Hasn't he put in a transfer request? He gets the move, and Krueger saves face.

You are saying sandro is at a disadvantage because of pochs system/understanding with Shanaynay?

What about Sandros advantage of playing with his teammates for years?

You also say Sandro isn't healthy. Then How do you think he is going to get signed?

Also saying sandro is past his prime is your opinion. He played great in his last game. He's 25.

Sandro's advantage of playing with his teammates for years? Fucking what??

There's a restaurant that you've never been to, but one of your friends has. Let's call this man Poch. So, Poch invites everyone to come down and check it out with him. All of your mates go down with him, except for you. Now, it turns out that Poch invited a friend of his from a different circle, Morgan. Morgan and Poch love this restaurant and have been going to it for quite some time now. When your friends go they decide they really like it, so they go a few more times. You've been friends with these people for a very long time, years in fact. Because your friends have eaten at the restaurant have YOU eaten at the restaurant??

I had a similar experience with Origi in Spurs. Saw him there, hammering in goals, before I heard of him IRL. Hoped it was 'an omen' when I saw him in the WC. Now he's a liverpoolian :/
I thought Origi was shit in the World Cup. He looked sluggish, off-pace and distinctly average. Very much like Yaya Sanogo. His record in Ligue 1 is appalling. I don't get the fanfare surrounding him to be honest.

Yep, I'm going to be very interested to see how he compares to Sherwood. The man with our highest Prem ppg, and apparently he was 'dim' 'clueless' etc. So presumably Poch will easily do better than that or .....
:avbfacepalm:

Scattergun management that just about worked for the short term he was in charge and would have killed us in the long term. When Poch beats West Ham on the opening day he'll have the best points per game ratio... get a bigger sample.

I agree with you on the fact that he is willing to spend, wasnt the managers call. These 'deals' had 10000 of subpayments and shady things (like at any transfer) that benefitted Levy more then AVB. For some reason 3/4 of the players we buy have no intrest from other big clubs and our competition is usually other midtable teams. I know we dont rly stand a chance to big clubs in terms of salary, but still. We feel so cheap... Levy runs this club as a company and for profit. The owners of Chelsk/City/PSG/MANU run theirs for pride and ego.

You can't expect owners to behave like Abramovitch or the sheiks. They do what they do cause they have way to much money, and no reason not to have fun with it. Manu's owners can't be compared to them. You including them with the rest there just shows how clueless you are. The Glazers have put all their debts from buying the club on the club, and have the club pay the mortgages.

And just for comparison: Manu gets £128 million per year from Adidas and Chevrolet for the kits. Spurs gets £25ish million from under armour and Aia. That's a difference of 103 million, United gets 5 times the money. And That's just the top of the iceberg.

We are a much smaller club, and we NEED to make good deals. We need to make money off of our players to grow. In bigger, richer clubs, they Don't need the profit from transfers, because they make a shit ton of money from advertisement, merchandise, match day revenues, tv channels, CL and so on.

Just because we are overstocked with central midfielders, doesn't mean that any of them have the ability to do what MP requires to implement his tactics effectively. One CM is not the same as another.

Good article here on what MS will bring to out game that none of our other central midfielders can bring:

http://www.squawka.com/news/why-tot...eiderlin-is-well-worth-a-transfer-saga/150542

To be fair, thats where coaching is required.

When you have Bentaleb, Sandro, Dembele, Capoue and Paulinho, do you really spunk 27M on another CM....or do you coach the mass of talent at your disposal to play how you require them too...

Haha well said. But why don't you like Schneiderlin either?

I must admit my friend, it seems as though you aren't particularly keen on our new manager and/or his ideas as of yet.

But hey, at least you're cognizant of it unlike a few others :rolleyes:
I DON'T NOT LIKE MABBUTEO OR WHATEVER HE'S CALLED I JUST DON'T KNOW WHO HE FUCKIN IS!!! :walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream:

:pochbye:I'm ok.

I don't mind Schneiderlein either, but he's not worth £25m. That is stupid money. And he's not better than what we have, in my opinion. He wouldn't start if all our central midfielders were fit (he would under Poch, but he shouldn't).

I am really positive about Poch and I think he's gonna do the business to be honest. The squad is strong, he's getting the best out of some of last seasons fringe players - it's looking up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom