Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentaleb is a quality player! Really don't see how some struggle to see it.
Agree. Solid World Cup & the Bosch were happy to a man he wasn't playing against them. I thought there were some master amateur tacticians on here, but dem Germans...they were all in agreement that Bentaleb's absence gave their midfield the edge it needed to support both attack & defence. One of the lads there was a Bayern fan who asked me how much i thought spurs would sell him for because He believes Bentaleb will be a Bayern type player once he toughens/beefs up. I asked him if he'd heard of our chairman:levylol:

While we clutch at straws and hope Benty blossoms into a world class performer ,
(Levy will only sell him if this was the case),
we have more chance of Spurs winning the league .
Another run of the mill plodder , I am very sorry to say.

10501950_743793539018945_3536893667891678681_n.jpg

Not sure which other midfielders of ours can dictate play with passing from that deeper role.
Gave us something different last season, quick and accurate passing.
Dembele slows it down and takes it past players, Paulinho is box to box.
Wasn't overly impressed with either Sandro or Capoue last season.
Watch Bentaleb shine with Poch, and prepare for some humble pie.
:pochsmirk:

Lol. Im almost shocked by some of the posts in this thread. I don't see how Bentalebs talent and upside can be questioned. He should all ready be starting above Paulinho, Siggy, Holtby and Capoue. He has a higher upside than all of them and could one day be a real top talent.

He is one of the few things Sherwood got correct.

Bentaleb NEEDs to start for us, unless we bring in a superior CM. But right now, Bentaleb, along with Eriksen and Lamela , is our future and probably our present.

I can't believe some people want Paulinho and Holtby to start over Bentaleb. That's just crazy to me. Bentaleb is far and a way a better talent, with higher upside than both of them.

While we clutch at straws and hope Benty blossoms into a world class performer ,
(Levy will only sell him if this was the case),
we have more chance of Spurs winning the league .
Another run of the mill plodder , I am very sorry to say.

We must not be watching the same Bentaleb. He is easily one of our most talented CM's. He obviously has more upside than Paulinho, Holtby, Siggy, Capoue and even Dembele. He'll never be as good a dribbler as Dembele, or as good a DM as Sandro, but he's got the best all around game of any of our more defensive minded CM's. A plodder? That's absolutely ridiculous. He runs his arse off. Livermore was a run of the mill plodder and we sold him. Bentaleb is thrice the player Livermore is.

We must not be watching the same Bentaleb. He is easily one of our most talented CM's. He obviously has more upside than Paulinho, Holtby, Siggy, Capoue and even Dembele. He'll never be as good a dribbler as Dembele, or as good a DM as Sandro, but he's got the best all around game of any of our more defensive minded CM's. A plodder? That's absolutely ridiculous. He runs his arse off. Livermore was a run of the mill plodder and we sold him. Bentaleb is thrice the player Livermore is.
Time will tell , a Jack of all trades you say. The other players with which you compare have all been disappointments and would not be in any top 4 first 11 , or some not even in their squads.
So a plodder it is and a mid table position if that is the calibre of player you hold up as the
way forward.

Time will tell , a Jack of all trades you say. The other players with which you compare have all been disappointments and would not be in any top 4 first 11 , or some not even in their squads.
So a plodder it is and a mid table position if that is the calibre of player you hold up as the
way forward.

Lol. You must not be considering the age of some of these players. TO expect any of them to be on that level right now is a bit silly. I totally disagree that Sandro wouldn't be in the starting 11 for a top 4 club. The others probably not, but no one is saying Paulinho, Holtby, Siggy or Dembele should be starting for a top 4 club. That was kind of the point, that Bentaleb has a higher upside than all of them. He's what, 20 years old? The goal is to turn a young player with enormous potential into a top caliber veteran. You are jumping the gun thinking the way forward doesn't require some time to grow. The way forward is exactly that! It's developing a player to achieve their potential. If you think it's by signing old yet proven talent, then that is not the way forward, that is the way to win now. We are building a young team and that requires patience. Should we follow your philosophy I gather we should get rid of Lamela also? Perhaps Eriksen should leave? Did you want to dump Bale after his miserable first year? Also, do you know what a "plodder" is? I get the feeling you do not quite understand the term.

Lol. You must not be considering the age of some of these players. TO expect any of them to be on that level right now is a bit silly. I totally disagree that Sandro wouldn't be in the starting 11 for a top 4 club. The others probably not, but no one is saying Paulinho, Holtby, Siggy or Dembele should be starting for a top 4 club. That was kind of the point, that Bentaleb has a higher upside than all of them. He's what, 20 years old? The goal is to turn a young player with enormous potential into a top caliber veteran. You are jumping the gun thinking the way forward doesn't require some time to grow. The way forward is exactly that! It's developing a player to achieve their potential. If you think it's by signing old yet proven talent, then that is not the way forward, that is the way to win now. We are building a young team and that requires patience. Should we follow your philosophy I gather we should get rid of Lamela also? Perhaps Eriksen should leave? Did you want to dump Bale after his miserable first year? Also, do you know what a "plodder" is? I get the feeling you do not quite understand the term.
Fair points and I see where you are coming from. I just don't agree . Yes very young but
being honest I don't see anything special. The problem the club can ill afford time for a player to
grow over many years as the game is at another level. Top teams can bring instant high ability
without years of developing through their first 11.
A young team will not be built by the club while the cream as they mature will be sold .
Llamela a waste of money so far has to be given time because any more mad decisions like
this will bankrupt the club. We have had many messiahs (who are left) lately all have been at best mediocre
and many were once welcomed as next best thing.
The philosophy is a good one for a club treading water , mid table but also we have a ethos
of "buy to sell" which will destroy success.
All I am saying I don't rate him.

Don't agree with some of the comments, Nabil has had half a season to get to grips with things and next season if given the chance could progress and potentially be worth loads. Look at shaw, Barkley, stones to name a few, then you look at Sterling, he played a bit part season before last and then Season gone he got his head down and got an England call up and although I don't like him much played very well. I'm not saying Nabil will definitely be in their league but it's obviously a plan for the club to push players like him onto the next level so we don't have to fork out 26million for lamelas and Soldados.
Players with potential need to be given a shot even if that is at the expense of another player regardless of price.
I'm a firm believer that players should be picked on form, Before you all say it I'm not saying bentaleb should have been played at LB because he looked better than Rose last season but I don't think anybody can say there weren't times last season when he was in that team on merit be it ahead of Paulinho /Dembele or whoever.
Hopefully the fans will give him time and afford him the odd mistake so he can learn his trade in his proper role, I understand the flack that comes the way of others who are established expensive players bought to do a job then underperform but I think we should give youth a good go when the talent is there as we have a manager who really looks like he can take them to the next level.

Bentaleb was the only positive in the TS reign for me. I think he has a real presence and will only continue to get better.

This. I found myself genuinely excited about Bentaleb's emergence when I was not excited about much else tbh. People constantly moaning about Bentaleb being played, I mean I was annoyed when we played with no DM but not at bringing this player through.

Don't agree with some of the comments, Nabil has had half a season to get to grips with things and next season if given the chance could progress and potentially be worth loads. Look at shaw, Barkley, stones to name a few, then you look at Sterling, he played a bit part season before last and then Season gone he got his head down and got an England call up and although I don't like him much played very well. I'm not saying Nabil will definitely be in their league but it's obviously a plan for the club to push players like him onto the next level so we don't have to fork out 26million for lamelas and Soldados.
Players with potential need to be given a shot even if that is at the expense of another player regardless of price.
I'm a firm believer that players should be picked on form, Before you all say it I'm not saying bentaleb should have been played at LB because he looked better than Rose last season but I don't think anybody can say there weren't times last season when he was in that team on merit be it ahead of Paulinho /Dembele or whoever.
Hopefully the fans will give him time and afford him the odd mistake so he can learn his trade in his proper role, I understand the flack that comes the way of others who are established expensive players bought to do a job then underperform but I think we should give youth a good go when the talent is there as we have a manager who really looks like he can take them to the next level.

agreed. time with our new coach in his new system will be far better for him than being somewhere on loan. He's clearly talented enough to make a first team impact.

My favourite video on the internet

Ironically fades out at 5:49 after he plays a through ball to Benfica before they got a penalty...

I think it's a good example of where he's at right now - he's got potential and is very energetic, but he's a bit raw and lacks the final product in games for anyone to get too excited as to his immediate impact.

Looks good in what I've seen of training, so I think he could have a good impact if Pochettino has his way, and he'll only improve.

Back
Top Bottom