Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's to say it wasn't a PR trainer simply "advising" Timmy on how to present himself in the technical area?( its a safe bet he didn't listen to anyone like that given his interviews)

Not saying that it is the case, just a possibility. Find it hard to believe any board member etc would be so petty.
What the fuck? Who cares how the manager stands.
If thats a thing now,id prefer Poch to stand like :
Usain-Bolt-in-his-tradema-008.jpg

What's to say it wasn't a PR trainer simply "advising" Timmy on how to present himself in the technical area?( its a safe bet he didn't listen to anyone like that given his interviews)

Not saying that it is the case, just a possibility. Find it hard to believe any board member etc would be so petty.
You would be surprised!

skikdi skikdi any idea if any of the players will be fasting?
Some will, some won't. Personal choice for each of the players. The federation, coach, team have kept it discreet and it's best that way. Either way sundown is at 5:35pm in Brazil tomorrow so the players will be able to break their fast 35 minutes in (the ones that do fast).

Bentaleb should be starting next to a defensive midfielder and behind Eriksen for our opening game of the season. A superior natural talent to Paulinho and Dembele. Just needs experience, that's why his run in the World Cup is excellent. The more games he can get the better.

Thats exactly my point mate, i dont want that shit. It makes football a farce. Like a performance for the fans, and thats not how i think it should be.

Not really. Coach cited fatigue. Bentaleb ran most out of Algeria side (34.3 kms in 3 matches). But still not justified IMO.

Fair enough. I'll certainly take your word on it, but I can't say I blame him if he detected signs of fatigue and was concerned given that German midfield.

Assuming he's Muslim he may be fasting at the moment, which on top of having run so much would probably mean he needs a rest.

Why would it be just him though? I assume a large percentage of the team is Muslim.
From the media reports, only some of the Muslims have chosen to fast. And it's probably the fact he's played every match so far and has run the most, so he'd feel the effects of having had nothing to drink all day worse than most of the others. And if Twitter is to be believed they've gone 5 at the back so that won't have helped him either!

Back
Top Bottom