Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Team Tanguy

Each Baz like = I give him a call <3
Nabil%2BBentaleb%2BSwindon%2BTown%2Bv%2BTottenham%2BHotspur%2BQDbrM1LiPvSl.jpg

Where's he from?

The 19-year-old was born in Lille, France, and moved to Belgium when he was 15 after being released from his home city's academy. There, he joined R.E. Mouscron, now known as Royal Mouscron-Péruwelz, after the original club went bankrupt.

How did he end up at Spurs?
The attacking midfielder joined the north London club last year. He was on trial at Birmingham where he was spotted by Tottenham scouts and impressed them enough to sign him up. His progression has been rapid.
He was moved up to play for Tottenham's Under 21s for the second half of last season where he scored four goals in 14 games.

Has he ever been anywhere near the first team?
Former manager Andre Villas-Boas was a big fan. He put him on the bench for the Capital One Cup match against Hull in October and considered bringing him into some of his Europa League squads, although he never made the cut.
Last year AVB said: 'Nabil, definitely, is training so well that he is always in contention to break in to the team.'

I like this kid a lot.

Got his name on the back of my Spurs kit before he was playing in the first team.

I feel like a proud Dad!
Very nice. I only caught a couple games of him in the youth team, was very impressed. Remember him skipping past lots of players easily. Just reminded me we need a gif of his run he made today towards the end of the game...

Has a lot of potential, but is a work in progress at the moment. Hopefully, he will get some game time in the Europa, as i don't see him starting once Sandro and Paulinho are fit.

Was really unlucky not to score his first goal for us today.

It's a tough one for me. There's no doubt Capoue / Holtby are better players than Bentaleb at the moment, but at the same time, being so involved in the first team at 19 is going to be fantastic for his development.

I'm not against his starting games like today, but there's no way he should have started over Capoue at The Emirates for example.

It's a tough one for me. There's no doubt Capoue / Holtby are better players than Bentaleb at the moment, but at the same time, being so involved in the first team at 19 is going to be fantastic for his development.

I'm not against his starting games like today, but there's no way he should have started over Capoue at The Emirates for example.
This is pretty much how I feel. We could make a star out of him if we play him fairly regularly, but of course there is a time and a place.

Still eager to see how he plays in a 5 man midfield against better teams.

Think he justified his inclusion, and all those who said he shouldn't play were wrong. Also, he was unfairly criticised over the Woolwich game. Good to see Tim at least showing some faith in a gifted Spurs youngster. He'll have plenty of Prem opportunities if he continues like this. To talk of him mostly/solely in terms of Europa is both wrong and unfair.
He's adapted to the Prem much better than Lamela, for example, and yet so many it seems would prefer an expensive import to 'one of our own'.

Think he justified his inclusion, and all those who said he shouldn't play were wrong. Also, he was unfairly criticised over the Woolwich game. Good to see Tim at least showing some faith in a gifted Spurs youngster. He'll have plenty of Prem opportunities if he continues like this. To talk of him mostly/solely in terms of Europa is both wrong and unfair.
He's adapted to the Prem much better than Lamela, for example, and yet so many it seems would prefer an expensive import to 'one of our own'.
That's because Lamela is a far, far, far superior player. Also, ''one of our own''? Dude's French and been here 18 months.

Bentaleb just turned 19 in November. For him to look competent or even better in a PL game at this stage in his development is a testament to his talent.

Really impressed with him today at 19 he is amazing, best player on the pitch by some margin maybe eriksen not far behind, obviously Sandro and paulinho will come as their DM AM combo offers better balance than the bentaleb dembele combo. Very few kids are mom at 19 in a few years he could be mint, so much competition in the middle of the park. Would love a 4-5-1 set up with Ade up top we don't have the strikers for a 4-4-2 setup.

According to Sky, he actually was, he got named man of the match

Doesn't surprise me, he had a fantastic game, looked assured on the ball aside from one or two misplaced passes, had that cracking effort on goal and a superb run late in the second half. Put himself around pretty well as well. All in all a top drawer performance from a young lad with a bright future.

Really impressed with him today at 19 he is amazing, best player on the pitch by some margin maybe eriksen not far behind, obviously Sandro and paulinho will come as their DM AM combo offers better balance than the bentaleb dembele combo. Very few kids are mom at 19 in a few years he could be mint, so much competition in the middle of the park. Would love a 4-5-1 set up with Ade up top we don't have the strikers for a 4-4-2 setup.

All the "16 and pregnant"-shows on TV says otherwise.

I,d love to see TS call back Tommy Carroll and see him and Bentaleb play along side one another in selected games!

id have to disagree, tommy's playing well for QPR and starting every game..why ruin that run of good form to play him for a few select games, especially since our midfield is so competitive at the moment..

Back
Top Bottom