Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh yeah, Bentaleb's injured. Heel contusion I think, he picked it up on international duty and hasn't played for Spurs since. Not in squad for tomorrow and Poch doesn't know when he'll be back, but I dont think it'll be for another few weeks.

Hopefully he keeps him out of the team. Nabil doesn't cut it for me at all! He would struggle to make any Prem side, so why with our ambition of top 4 do we use him?
Bit Harsh hes only young, dont think he has been awful he is about where i would expect someone his age to be, Looks solid on the ball and i think he can only get better. lets remember Kane wanst always the "idol" he has become they all have to start somewhere

Bit Harsh hes only young, dont think he has been awful he is about where i would expect someone his age to be, Looks solid on the ball and i think he can only get better. lets remember Kane wanst always the "idol" he has become they all have to start somewhere
If you compare him to other young midfielder players he still doesn't match up!

I watched him play in the qualifiers for the africa cup against Malawi, his passing was great and despite being just 19 years old he is fully respected by his older teammates. His international caps and world cup experience are great for his confidence and further development. I guess he`ll start in the EL games when he`s fit again and then he`ll be off to marocco hopefully for an africa cup win. Not bad for his first year as a pro.

I watched him play in the qualifiers for the africa cup against Malawi, his passing was great and despite being just 19 years old he is fully respected by his older teammates. His international caps and world cup experience are great for his confidence and further development. I guess he`ll start in the EL games when he`s fit again and then he`ll be off to marocco hopefully for an africa cup win. Not bad for his first year as a pro.
Most players have huge pride when they play for their country and will play their hearts out (I say most because the English players don't have that pride and passion) so they always play well for the National team. You've also got to remember that when playing for Alegria he is playing along side weaker players than he is at spurs so he is going to look better.

I'm not saying he has been bad for them because I haven't watched so I can't and wont pass judgement but is he playing with players of similar ability to Erisken, Jan, Lamela etc... ? He will shine in a smaller team, like Rose did for Sunderland

I heard he had sore knees and wrists from all the 'work' he put in last season persuading Tim to pick him!!!!

(i'm joking... it's a mouth ulcer!!)

I think we should loan Bentaleb out in January. Got ability on the ball but his big weakness is his positioning. Would be good for him to learn that away from the Lane.

Most players have huge pride when they play for their country and will play their hearts out (I say most because the English players don't have that pride and passion) so they always play well for the National team. You've also got to remember that when playing for Alegria he is playing along side weaker players than he is at spurs so he is going to look better.

I'm not saying he has been bad for them because I haven't watched so I can't and wont pass judgement but is he playing with players of similar ability to Erisken, Jan, Lamela etc... ? He will shine in a smaller team, like Rose did for Sunderland
I really liked the way how Algeria played at the WC (heart , passion) if we had 10% of that at Spurs....
O.K. there is no Eriksen / Lamela alike player but he doesn`t look that much better for Algeria like Rose did for Sunderland. He is very calm in his decision making , maybe he won`t make it at Spurs in the longterm but comparing him to Rose is a bit unfair he is still 4 years younger. I`m sure that he will play at a higher level than Rose will during his career.

Back
Top Bottom