Everywhere we go

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could go back to every match thread for the last four years and you would be on there spouting your usual clueless shit. You are about as Spurs as Tony Adams soiled jock mate.

All been said before....You know what, Im proud of the fact that somebody like you see's me as nothing like themselves, in any walk of life.

You dont exist. You have created a life.

Last edited:
LarryCatt LarryCatt

Everton having original songs ?
It's a grand old team to play for seems to be there only song they sing, which we occasionally sing.
Oh when the Spurs etc, was ours or saints ? Who cares it's about generating an atmosphere, hopefully drowning out the Woolwich next week when we smash them COYS

Grand old team to play for is originally a Celtic song, sung by Celtic, Spurs and Everton.

Can't smile without you started back in the early 90's from a bunch of lads who used to go to every away game on a coach from the Fox pub in Palmers Green.

Glory glory hallelujah is ours, and should be sung more often.

Spurs are on their way to Wembley is ours, and shit all over the other Wembley songs. I try to get the whole song going at away games(In our ranks is Ossie Ardiles.....), but only a few people join in. This one as well: "Score Tottenham score, once you get one you'll get more, we need goals aplenty so we get to Wembley, so score Tottenham score"

Also there's made plenty of good Spurs related verses of McNamaras band, but most people don't know the words which is a shame. And who remembers: "what do you make those eyes at me for, if they don't mean what they say...."?

Al been said before....You know what, Im proud of the fact that somebody like you see's me as nothing like themselves, in any walk of life.

You dont exist. You have created a life.

This from someone who has no facebook or no twitter, no friends, no family.

The man who has no footprint, who moved to another country, to spend his whole time on here, what are you running from Sammy?

WHAT DID YOU DO?

I liked it yesterday. Its easy to sing along to and it does create a good atmosphere. Definitely better than singing about opposition players or clubs and its very bloody catchy/infectious.

...and for that reason alone, I don't have a problem with it!

If anything is 'small time' it's not being able to have a song about any of our own players, without shoe-horning an odious piece of opposition shite into it... yes the Ledley's Knee/John Terry, Eriksen/Ozil... and any song with Campbell in it, I'm looking at you!

I try to get the whole song going at away games... but only a few people join in. This one as well: "Score Tottenham score, once you get one you'll get more, we need goals aplenty so we get to Wembley, so score Tottenham score"
I'm not surprised only a few join in with mis-quoted lyrics like that!! What happened to "We'll sing your Assembly, when we get to Wembley"? I know, doesn't make much sense either, and is quoted somewhere as being of Chelsean origin!! Bollocks!
Also there's made plenty of good Spurs related verses of McNamaras band, but most people don't know the words which is a shame. And who remembers: "what do you make those eyes at me for, if they don't mean what they say...."?
Ah, the classic Very Terribles crooner's song... always goes down best when accompanied by a loud, raucous over the top Cockney -Ahh! after every line-Ahh!

I agree that if everyone sat down and learnt the words to Macnamara's Band once and for all, we could have a cult classic on our hands for years to come... WE NEED TO TEACH THE NEXT GENERATION! (I sing it to my 6-month old son at night... no wonder the fucker has trouble sleeping!)

Martin Jols Blue & White Army used to be quality. We should get this chant back

Glory Glory Hallelujah went on for about 10 mins the other day in the shelf against Leicester in the cup, only a few hundred of us singing it (even the 1985 verse about the Anfield jinx and going to Real Madrid was sung!) . Sung at the right tempo it can go on for ages and sound better than any football chant in the world to me. The definition of Spurs. Why this isn't sung more often and by more people is beyond me.

I would love to see a return of What do you want to make those eyes at me for and also agree that people should make an effort to learn the words to Mcnamaras band..."oh the whistle blows the cockerel crows and now were in the game, it's up to you you lily whites .."

Martin Jols Blue & White Army used to be quality. We should get this chant back

Glory Glory Hallelujah went on for about 10 mins the other day in the shelf against Leicester in the cup, only a few hundred of us singing it (even the 1985 verse about the Anfield jinx and going to Real Madrid was sung!) . Sung at the right tempo it can go on for ages and sound better than any football chant in the world to me. The definition of Spurs. Why this isn't sung more often and by more people is beyond me.

I would love to see a return of What do you want to make those eyes at me for and also agree that people should make an effort to learn the words to Mcnamaras band..."oh the whistle blows the cockerel crows and now were in the game, it's up to you you lily whites .."
The club do play McNamara's Band at every home match just before the second half kicks off to be fair. Problem is it's very quiet, difficult to hear the words and a lot of the 'singers' are still on the concourse finishing pints or having a piss at that point anyway. Would like to see it restored to pre-1st half KO instead, and get rid of that stupid 'DUH DUH, DUH DUH, DUH DUH, DUH DUH' overly dramatic intro we have

It started because one of their fans/hooligans was found with a <removed> during a police raid. Chelsea was also a well known area for this type of thing. It now works because they have 'rented' themselves out with Abramovich etc. I fail to see how that is homophobic. Living in London my whole life, I have never heard anyone says that the term is offensive. It has a very specific meaning, which actually doesn't just mean gay.

I'd hazard a guess that's not the chant he was meaning anyway.

Palaces version simply says CPFC, CPFC, CPFC, CPFC
WBA sing We're the Albion, We're the Albion....

What the fuck is the big deal....how many teams sing different versions of songs in the John b Sloop tune?
Or the "little boy" tune...

Idiot people that class themselves as the real support, bitching about stealing songs, and they dont even know that we stole the "Yidio Yidio" after a goal, from Milwall, who sing "ee-i-o"

Why didnt he make a thread about that I wonder, clueless tit.

I don't like the argument that the song is too 'small time' for us. Who are we to act like we're so high and mighty?

Yes, we are one of the biggest clubs in England, but it seems a bit gooner-ish to me to be acting as if we're too superior to sing the same songs as football league clubs.

Back
Top Bottom