Everywhere we go

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought every football song was a bit cringe but we all just accepted that fact and did it anyway because its the path we've all chosen and none of us take ourselves too seriously.

How many more "cringe" song complaints will we have here ? Theres no pleasing some, no wonder white hart lane is becoming a grim place to be. Complaining about a fucking football chant, at a footie game, sung by your own, have you not realised how stupid that sounds.

Love it and our away support was the best Ive heard in ages spurs are on there way to wembley is my personal favorite and heard it countless times much respect to all that made the trip!

This post annoys me.

Our away support is ALWAYS good.
I liked it at Banal Lane (I'll leave that autocorrect) but yesterday was a bit cringe.
Not sure why. Maybe because all away supporters are loud?
We're not really special in that regard.
Maybe because we aren't that loud at home sometimes? But "everywhere we go (except whl)" doesn't have the same ring to it.

It's a chant that probably won't last but helped a brilliant atmosphere yesterday. One of the best away atmospheres for a long while and a enjoyable day out. Who gives a fuck if some think it's cringe it's a damn sight better than sitting on your hands saying fuck all for 90 minutes.

"You're fucking shit, you're fucking shit, you're fucking shit"

With all seater stadiums sanitising the home surport,especially cup games our players thrive on vocal noise. Been to a few under 21 games with 1882 providing the atmosphere to encourage our young players, last years game at Underhill proved to me 1200 people all vocally pulling together give them a huge lift.
Borrusia Dortmund are struggling at the moment, but their fans still give there all week in week out.
The songs we sing are irrelevant, even Sheff Utd fans were nicking our anthem last Wednesday, but who cares it's having a group of fans willing to sing for the shirt COYS

This post annoys me.

Our away support is ALWAYS good.
I liked it at Banal Lane (I'll leave that autocorrect) but yesterday was a bit cringe.
Not sure why. Maybe because all away supporters are loud?
We're not really special in that regard.
Maybe because we aren't that loud at home sometimes? But "everywhere we go (except whl)" doesn't have the same ring to it.
I agree with him. Yesterday was the best start to finish atmosphere ive been in for a league game.

It's a chant that probably won't last but helped a brilliant atmosphere yesterday. One of the best away atmospheres for a long while and a enjoyable day out. Who gives a fuck if some think it's cringe it's a damn sight better than sitting on your hands saying fuck all for 90 minutes.

"You're fucking shit, you're fucking shit, you're fucking shit"
Away supporters have never sat down on their hands.
But I'll bow to the consensus on this one and I'll just put down my queries and misgivings about yesterday to being in the second row and sick.

I think it's decent. Love continuous football songs, wouldn't even waste my breath singing " Come on you Spurssss". Yawn.

Martin Jols / Blue White Army back in 2007 was brilliant too, 20 minutes non stop at some games - remember it well at Leverkusen away.

Keep it up I reckon. (What a great atmosphere yesterday by the way)

Given the choice of homophobic or unoriginal, I'll take the latter.
It started because one of their fans/hooligans was found with a <removed> during a police raid. Chelsea was also a well known area for this type of thing. It now works because they have 'rented' themselves out with Abramovich etc. I fail to see how that is homophobic. Living in London my whole life, I have never heard anyone says that the term is offensive. It has a very specific meaning, which actually doesn't just mean gay.

I cant express the the levels of idiocy involved in slating a song on the basis that we nicked it.

If that was an away lot at our ground, people would be whinging about our shit home support and lauding the oppo fans about the "wall of noise for 90 minutes"....etc

But, naaah, let slate our away fans for one of the best atmospheres of the season.

I couldnt give a fuck if its sung at home either...better than shitty versions of Oh When, sung by 300 people who STILL dont know when to start clapping.
I dont know what people expect from a football song....maybe get Bowie to write us some intricate lyrics and start up uni level music lessons for our fans?

They are started by pissed up blokes in pubs, on trains and in grounds...What is so confusing or dissapointing to you? Fucking deal with the content, or fuck off to an Andrew Lloyd Webber concert or something.

Oh, and the only thing that "is a bit cringe" is that fucking saying "its a bit cringe" so jog the fuck on with it.

I must admit palace have the worst chants. Seems fake and forced.
Organised Fun is the phrase you're looking for... they started it with the cheerleaders, now the banners & 'trying to be all Bundesliga'! It's not very English Old bean!

Personally, despite Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante claiming it's 'small time' & 'lower league' I quite like the idea we can generate an OLD SCHOOL, almost (dare I say it) 1976/77 atmosphere without having to be relegated first!!

Back
Top Bottom