Disloyalty confessions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went out for a ciggy when we were two goals down with just a couple of minutes to go. Just couldn't see a way back for us. When I came back the match had already ended and I had turned my laptop off, so didn't learn until the next morning we had come back from 4-2 to draw with the Goons.

Disloyal? I don't know maybe, but who hasn't stopped watching or left early ever? Serves me right for doing so in a NLD. It certainly still is a huge regret for me.

To make you feel even worse I turned down a definite shag with sum hot woman at work I had been pursuing for months who said to me as she walked towards my front door," no way will they come back"!

The rest is history as I jumped around my now empty house after Lennon poked home the rebound!
:lennonlol:

The most 'disloyal' I have been is 13 December 1997 when, along with most of the other away fans, at 4-0 down to Coventry at Highfield Road (shit ground; brilliant away section), I joined in with the "you're not fit to wear the shirt" chant at our own players. I remember being at the front, and looking along our back line, with Gary Mabbutt and Colin Calderwood looking at the fans... and I then felt like a cunt. But we were so shit around then, and the miles and £ I put in following us back then did hurt given how crap we were.

EDIT:
You can hear it here:

Last edited:
When England played in the Euro championship (the one held in England) and I cheered Seaman during the penalty shootout..... I did wash my mouth out afterwards though!

once liked Theo Walcott on facebook acidentally.
had to move to a cave for a while. :walkercry:

no soap can get this dirt off me. nivea lemon and honeygrass shower gel got close tho

My confession...well let's start by saying my mums side of the family are all Woolwich. My Dad was a Yid. He took me to a Spurs Chelsea in 1969, after my mum had divorced him and when I was 4/5.
One of my uncles used to have shop in Highbury and my mum would drop us off there to be babysat on a Saturday. My cousins took me over to watch Woolwich reserves as Mc Donald was playing, trying to convert me.
I hated it there.
I refused to go again. I was about 6.
That's the only good thing my Dad ever did for me, pick me up from the halfway house we were staying in & take me Spurs in 1969. I saw the cunt once since then.

So, I have actually been to see Woolwich.
God, I just realised I have been took up the arse

The most 'disloyal' I have been is 13 December 1997 when, along with most of the other away fans, at 4-0 down to Coventry at Highfield Road (shit ground; brilliant away section), I joined in with the "you're not fit to wear the shirt" chant at our own players. I remember being at the front, and looking along our back line, with Gary Mabbutt and Colin Calderwood looking at the fans... and I then felt like a cunt. But we were so shit around then, and the miles and £ I put in following us back then did hurt given how crap we were.

EDIT:
You can hear it here:

The Christian Gross era was indeed a dark time.

Defending for the first goal there was painful to watch. I used to get so much flak as a Spurs fan at school in those days.

EDIT:
You can hear it here:

I hated Ian Walker wearing our shirt

So here's my most recent confession...

Having just taken a closer look at the England/France group photo that was taken at Wembley on Tuesday, I noticed some significant 'pairings'...
I thought the fact that Lloris was standing next to Koscielny, and Walker was arm-in-arm with Giroud was quite nice!

There. I've said it.
I'm now off to recite seven "Hail Mary's" and two "How's-yer-Father's"!!!

I was heading back from Goodwood by train one night and had to change at Havant. A group of pompey lads at the station announced that any "cockney wanker" would be "filled in" and proceeded to move down the platform asking people who they support.

Fair play, one brave lad said west ham and got punched in the face and chased out of the station for it.

When it was my turn, I said Rushden and Diamonds.

:levyeyes:

I was heading back from Goodwood by train one night and had to change at Havant. A group of pompey lads at the station announced that any "cockney wanker" would be "filled in" and proceeded to move down the platform asking people who they support.

Fair play, one brave lad said west ham and got punched in the face and chased out of the station for it.

When it was my turn, I said Rushden and Diamonds.

:levyeyes:
That's not disloyalty... it's self-preservation!
...just count yourself lucky you didn't panic and say SOUTHAMPTON!

Y'know what's hilarious...? he WAS there for two days filming a "Jim'll Fix it" for some ill kid* who wanted to sit in a Formula 1 Car... but the Arseanal story was more shameful at the time!!

* he also fixed it for a blind boy to milk a cow, but that's another story....

haha, reminded me of this

You're going to jail then :levylol:
Shocked-gifs.gif

why the hate for Ian walker. Yes he was a bit of a twat but he cam through our youth set up and was a pretty solid keeper.
I think the one-handed catch he made on his debut at Forest (I was up there, EVERYONE was in agreement we had the next Pat Jennings) could've been his downfall... he was never gonna live up to that standard in every game...
It would be like scoring a hat-trick on your debut, and never scoring again your entire career!!

I think the one-handed catch he made on his debut at Forest (I was up there, EVERYONE was in agreement we had the next Pat Jennings) could've been his downfall... he was never gonna live up to that standard in every game...
It would be like scoring a hat-trick on your debut, and never scoring again your entire career!!
true, but I thought he was pretty good - especially amongst some of the shit that was on the field with him at the time.
Anyone remember that youth cup winning side (had Walker, carr, cumball, Tuttle etc) - the front 2 scored about 70 goals between them that season (Potts & morah) and were binned. Harsh.

Back
Top Bottom