Disloyalty confessions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those that have gone into hiding aren't those who truly hated Poch. They're the ones who need to win the internet....and they know that if the manager they've railed against is doing well then they'll inevitably be given a hard time. I'm sure Sammy & co will be back if we go on a bad run.

As as Spurs supporter I'm worried that will come sooner than later...

BUT if we can beat Chelsea on Sunday I feel as if we could extend this undefeated run for quite a while. Hopefully. Fuck, please, please, let us let this streak continue.

As as Spurs supporter I'm worried that will come sooner than later...

BUT if we can beat Chelsea on Sunday I feel as if we could extend this undefeated run for quite a while. Hopefully. Fuck, please, please, let us let this streak continue.
They'll always be a dip. It's just the way of things. All this talk of title contenders is madness.

They'll always be a dip. It's just the way of things. All this talk of title contenders is madness.

I had a few friends over to watch the match today and one of the things I brought up about all that title talk is that Poch teams historically don't end seasons too well and if you look at the end of our season it's got disaster written all over it.

The only reason I don't like the talk of titles is that we are still so young, so early in the team's development. It shouldn't matter if we finish top 4 or not this year. All that matters this year is that we show consistency, talent, progression, ability. We've done most of that already; if we keep up a decent level of football throughout the season and finish 6th we should be happy.

Then, the following season is when we can have genuine expectations of challenging 3rd/4th.

Feel like this is a somewhat obvious statement to make, but the Poch haters have certainly all gone into hiding. Not that I'm saying you're one, but our results haven't allowed the negative Nancy's to thrive. Too bad that they're sort of lurking on the sides just waiting for their chance to rip the entire organization apart.

Benjamin

I haven't gone into hiding and won't do!

I didn't think Poch was the right man for us and said so numerous times on this and other forums but I always qualified it by saying that "I would be delighted to be proven wrong"

I'm delighted!

:levylol::pochohshit:

Feel like this is a somewhat obvious statement to make, but the Poch haters have certainly all gone into hiding. Not that I'm saying you're one, but our results haven't allowed the negative Nancy's to thrive. Too bad that they're sort of lurking on the sides just waiting for their chance to rip the entire organization apart.
I'm sure ur right and there are some but surely not too many, I've seen plenty of ppl on here say they were wrong about poch - I wasn't here back then but I also had my doubts and saw him as another gamble

I'm sure ur right and there are some but surely not too many, I've seen plenty of ppl on here say they were wrong about poch - I wasn't here back then but I also had my doubts and saw him as another gamble

I wanted de Boer, hardly anyone wanted Poch, but most got behind him once he was appointed.

I wanted de Boer, hardly anyone wanted Poch, but most got behind him once he was appointed.
Think I was also ready to go Dutch but of course supported poch like every manager we have had(apart from dim Tim, just didn't sit well with me but I'm sure we all have one like that) but it took me awhile to believe in what he was doing, u could see the plan of course but u could see avb had a plan aswel, I'm a little worried if we beat them cunts tomorrow I'll then jump on the poch is God/ we can win the league bandwagon, let's hope I get to go mental

I just cannot have anything to do with the scum I despise the cunts that much.
I was offered full hospitality at the death star when they had Bayern in the CL in October but I couldn't do it, Free beer, free food, the lot.
I don't even get the mentality of supporting another British club in Europe. I couldn't give a flying fuck if United were playing FC Fray Bentos, I would actually hope Bentos win. In fact if Spurs aren't playing, I won't watch a football match on TV or go to a ground where 2 random teams are playing.

However on the other side of the coin, I was born and bred in Gillingham so followed them as well from when I was 10, and of course now working for a non league club I have affinity there too.

Is there some reason that fans aren't allowed to change their mind if they feel they've been won over?
Of course they can.

My point was - too often those that are 'won over' still have that underlying feeling that he isn't the right bloke for the job, and immediately switch camps again after an inevitable bad run of form. Their love for Poch is very much a short term thing, based on an extremely good run of form, but is easily broken by just a few bad results. And then we have to sit here and listen to how they knew he wasn't the right man from the start (quote provided from 41 years ago claiming as much), and that we're mugs for believing in him and we shouldn't have sacked Harry.

That isn't the case for everyone by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly applies to many on here that didn't like Poch from the start.

And at some point, when that inevitable poor run happens, we'll find out. It'll happen. There'll be no respect for what he's done, and no word of this run of form. It'll be #PochOut with no explanations needed. Predictable as the sunrise.

Just a bit of fun, hopefully......

Some things I must get off my chest.

I have a Woolwich mortgage. Every invoice is a double bastard to receive.

I have a red car. It was the Ferrari effect (it's not a Ferrari). But I am sorry.

To compensate, my dog is white (not racist). And my 2nd daughter is called Lily.

Anything you need to get off your chest?

And I don't mean any " I don't mind Woolwich that much actually" thank you VERY much.

==========================

A few seasons ago we were playing Woolwich away. A game I was sure we would lose, and we did. I watched the game in my local, and there was bloke who brought around to jars, one with bits of paper with Spurs players on, and another with Woolwich. We were asked to put in a £1 and pick a player. The idea being that the 1st goal scorer would mean the person with that name would win £20. I opted to choose a name from the Woolwich jar, and got Giroud. Giroud scored, and I leaped out of my seat and shouted "GOAL". All my Spurs mates looked a little surprised, and to this day still taunt me about it.

A few seasons ago we were playing Woolwich away. A game I was sure we would lose, and we did. I watched the game in my local, and there was bloke who brought around to jars, one with bits of paper with Spurs players on, and another with Woolwich. We were asked to put in a £1 and pick a player. The idea being that the 1st goal scorer would mean the person with that name would win £20. I opted to choose a name from the Woolwich jar, and got Giroud. Giroud scored, and I leaped out of my seat and shouted "GOAL". All my Spurs mates looked a little surprised, and to this day still taunt me about it.
FFSTBHI8U I8AVB I8AVB

dZ2hm6y.gif

My girlfriends brother and brother in law are both Woolwich fans, and unfortunately they are both really nice guys.

I may have gone to Wembley with them, sat in the Woolwich end and had to applaud when they beat City 3-0 in the Community Shield.

When I got home I immediately showered with scolding water.

I love the idea of "scolding" water: "You dirty, dirty bastard" etc.

I spent most of the last 5 years driving round in a red car - although when it got damaged in a hurricane I did get it resprayed white.
I now feel I have redeemed myself by having one white car and one navy blue car

I spent most of the last 5 years driving round in a red car - although when it got damaged in a hurricane I did get it resprayed white.
I now feel I have redeemed myself by having one white car and one navy blue car

Posh twat!

:harryhmm:

Back
Top Bottom