Disloyalty confessions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a bit of fun, hopefully......

Some things I must get off my chest.

I have a Woolwich mortgage. Every invoice is a double bastard to receive.

I have a red car. It was the Ferrari effect (it's not a Ferrari). But I am sorry.

To compensate, my dog is white (not racist). And my 2nd daughter is called Lily.

Anything you need to get off your chest?

And I don't mean any " I don't mind Woolwich that much actually" thank you VERY much.

About 25 years ago I was walking out of school at the end of the day. The weather had really turned, it was very cold and very wet. What made it worse was that I didn't have a jacket with me. It really was a freaky weather incident.

One of the fellow children I associated with at the time offered me his hat to wear and keep me warm. I rejected this offer without hesitation.

Now my walk home was a long one, and the weather became increasing my severe. As I got home I collapsed through the door. I thought I had picked up a cold or flu or some such illness and crawled up my stairs and into bed.

Naturally, I don't remember passing out, but I do remember waking up in Hospital. Basically, on my journey home I had picked up hyperthermia. Now, you may think that's highly unlikely and you'd be right to do so. Sadly, I have a hereditary heart and kidney illness that means when I get sick, I get really really sick due to my immune system not working correctly. No, it's not HIV or AIDS, but it's not too far off. To allow my body to recover j had to be sedated for a week. My body, during this time was being pumped with drugs to effectively save my life. It is what I imagine chemotherapy to be like - effectively your body is being poisoned to kill an infection. Of course, this was happening to me while I was asleep, so all it gave me was a week long bad dream/nightmare that I couldn't wake up from. When I did, I puked up every meal. It was. Month before I was able to successfully eat again.

I ended up taking three months off school, which sounds great, but I missed so much and because was year 10, I had to set my Mock exams at the end of the year. Essentially, I lost my summer to intensive school work. I was far from 100% fit at the time, so I was overworked, had survived a dice with death, and had lost my summer to school work whilest all my friends were off partying. Worst of all, the family holiday to Florida went ahead ..... without me. My sister got to take a friend instead because I couldn't go. My life sucked beyond measure at this point.

It was sometime in late August, during my mock exams, just before school started again, and while my family were in Florida, and while I was still feeling particularly poorly as I had done for the previous 6 months, and wondering what all my friends had been doing all summer that I thought to myself ... "maybe I should have worn the Woolwich hat" ... But I instantly dismissed the idea and have felt nothing but shame for ever even considering it.

Watched a goon game after Campbell switched to those buggers I said at the end of it 'Campbell had a really good game'. I didn't even finish the sentence with the words 'the cunt'.

I felt dirty afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom