Disloyalty confessions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a confession. I have red chinos. Wear them lots during the summer.... Sorry.

Definitely justified wearing them at Lords though

1399345730231.gif

Enjoy your holiday Joe!

You might return in a better frame of mind

Yes I did slag Poch off but he's winning me round and I'm hopeful of the future!

Thought better of your!
I see the !!!!!! have returned...:avbnaa:

I think what is frustrating people like Joe Clash Joe Clash (and myself), is that we stick to a consistent feeling of 'this is the right guy' or 'this is the wrong guy', and we're in it for the long haul. For sure, over time managers/players can change your opinion, but it's only November. You've been all over Poch like a wet shirt for the duration of this season (a few short months), then suddenly it's all rainbows and unicorns. TWELVE games into a season. And now Poch is your man?

Ok, that's fine. People's opinions change. In the modern world of football, I think they change far too quickly - even on a game by game basis in some cases.

But here's the annoying part.

Because you've had these doubts about Poch, and clearly have an underlying distaste for him, as soon as we lose a couple of games back-to-back, you'll inevitably be back in the 'PochOut' camp again, claiming he's too inexperienced or whatever, whilst we'll be here defending him and the players against someone like you, who was only agreeing with our opinions on him the week before!

I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy Spurs winning, and certainly you can think what you want of Poch and the players. But take it from someone who generally stays seated in one camp - it's frustrating to see people lap up the good results and sing the teams' praises, only to then slag them all off the following week and call for heads.

And it's fans with that attitude that make The Lane an inconsistent atmosphere these days. Quite frankly, your ability to immediately exchange positivity for negativity ruins it for almost everyone if I'm honest.

2 here to get off my chest both woolwich related:

1) a few years back I took a free ticket to the lunchtime woolwich vs chavs game (same glorious day we beat Utd at old Trafford for the first time in 386 attempts or something) and went. My logic was that one of them would lose but I still sat with my goober cunt mate watching. Only saving grace was I was actually wearing a TFC "Gooners Eat Babies" t-shirt. One of those mongrels actually acknowledged it (obviously thinking Gooners eating babies would be something to be proud of).

2) my stag do was a week b4 my wedding and we went to Ibiza. The deal was nothing that would show up at the wedding in terms of shaved bits and tatts, etc. The groomsmen then turn up at my room b4 going out with a full woolwich kit which after about 45 mins I relented (as was commented in the best man speech the night before it had been a borat mankini which only took 10 mins to convince me to wear)

I have a confession. I have red chinos. Wear them lots during the summer.... Sorry.

Definitely justified wearing them at Lords though

I've got some red jeans but in my defence, I'm a tad strange.

I once cupped a teet of a female Woollich fan.

When I was about 11 I wrote "Spurs" on my school bag but accidentally missed the line on the "R" so I wandered around school for almost a year with "SPUPS" on my bag. I still blush about that

I've got some red jeans but in my defence, I'm a tad strange.

I once cupped a teet of a female Woollich fan.

When I was about 11 I wrote "Spurs" on my school bag but accidentally missed the line on the "R" so I wandered around school for almost a year with "SPUPS" on my bag. I still blush about that
Couldn't you have added the line at a later date? :confused:

I see the !!!!!! have returned...:avbnaa:

I think what is frustrating people like Joe Clash Joe Clash (and myself), is that we stick to a consistent feeling of 'this is the right guy' or 'this is the wrong guy', and we're in it for the long haul. For sure, over time managers/players can change your opinion, but it's only November. You've been all over Poch like a wet shirt for the duration of this season (a few short months), then suddenly it's all rainbows and unicorns. TWELVE games into a season. And now Poch is your man?

Ok, that's fine. People's opinions change. In the modern world of football, I think they change far too quickly - even on a game by game basis in some cases.

But here's the annoying part.

Because you've had these doubts about Poch, and clearly have an underlying distaste for him, as soon as we lose a couple of games back-to-back, you'll inevitably be back in the 'PochOut' camp again, claiming he's too inexperienced or whatever, whilst we'll be here defending him and the players against someone like you, who was only agreeing with our opinions on him the week before!

I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy Spurs winning, and certainly you can think what you want of Poch and the players. But take it from someone who generally stays seated in one camp - it's frustrating to see people lap up the good results and sing the teams' praises, only to then slag them all off the following week and call for heads.

And it's fans with that attitude that make The Lane an inconsistent atmosphere these days. Quite frankly, your ability to immediately exchange positivity for negativity ruins it for almost everyone if I'm honest.

I think that if you re-read your post you might see what a condescending,know all cunt you really are!

No really, twats like you make me long for people like Gibbsy!

How dare you spout shite like that!

And in future try doing it yourself instead of hanging on Joe Clash's shirt tails if you have the guts!

If I think any of our players play like shite I will say so and if I think that a managerial appointment is wrong, again I will say so and I don't need your permission or blessing!

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Is this a forum open to all opinion or an old boys club?

FYI I have been against Poch's appointment since day 1 not just this season and I have explained why so I'm not going to justify why I thought that so stop being selective and misrepresenting what I have said!

However I am Spurs and have been for 54 yrs supporting them through the bad and good times so don't you dare question my loyalty!

So as this season has progressed and our form has improved I recognise that Poch may be the real deal and have said so on many occasions!

We all get it wrong occasionally but that's football and that is reflected on forums like this!

So get your head out of your arse and try not to be a self righteous condescending cunt!

If we lose a few games then fine I won't melt as Poch has shown me enough but if I do I don't expect a cunt like you to crawl out of the woodwork to tell me so!

Apologies to anyone offended by my rant!

Annoyingly this has come today after our superb performance!

I think that if you re-read your post you might see what a condescending,know all cunt you really are!

And in future try doing it yourself instead of hanging on Joe Clash's shirt tails if you have the guts!

If I think any of our players play like shite I will say so and if I think that a managerial appointment is wrong, again I will say so and I don't need your permission or blessing!

FYI I have been against Poch's appointment since day 1 not just this season and I have explained why so I'm not going to justify why I thought that so stop being selective and misrepresenting what I have said!

However I am Spurs and have been for 54 yrs supporting them through the bad and good times so don't you dare question my loyalty!

So as this season has progressed and our form has improved I recognise that Poch may be the real deal and have said so on many occasions!

We all get it wrong occasionally but that's football and that is reflected on forums like this!

So get your head out of your arse and try not to be a self righteous condescending cunt!

If we lose a few games then fine I won't melt as Poch has shown me enough but if I do I don't expect a cunt like you to crawl out of the woodwork to tell me so!

That's a load of bollocks Baz. Sorry mate, but it is. You've been 100% against Poch from the start. I don't know your definition of loyalty, but it doesn't square with mine. Take some responsibility for the words you write. You're coming over like a cunt tbh.

That's a load of bollocks Baz. Sorry mate, but it is. You've been 100% against Poch from the start. I don't know your definition of loyalty, but it doesn't square with mine. Take some responsibility for the words you write. You're coming over like a cunt tbh.

Ok Joe once more we disagree but loyalty surely is for the club you support!

Players join your club and sometimes they fail and this applies to managers as well.

I thought Poch wasn't right for us and expressed my opinion but I am man enough to admit that I was wrong!

So you are now calling me a cunt!
And I talk bollocks!

Fair enough your opinion!

So you have never made a wrong call then?

Really?

Never been rightly sin binned?

Wish I was perfect too but I know I'm not

So let's all agree with each other on here and not debate conflicting opinions!

Great fun eh?

:chadliblow:

Baz.

It's difficult to get context across in black and white, but all I was doing was expressing my opinion on your choice of support in response to Joe. I don't agree with Joe on everything, we've had our tiffs. In this case, I agree with him. We're not Batman and Robin.

You're preaching to me you should get your opinion. Of course you should. I've agreed with your posts on many occasions, and disagreed with others. I also get my opinion - whether you like it or not.

My opinion is, I dislike supporters that moan about a managerial appointment before/when it is made, because you're not even giving the guy a chance, and you will always have that underlying dislike for him. No matter how good it gets, you will always focus on the lows more, because you have a bone to pick with him. What I'm saying is, you won't be so forgiving with Poch as you would a manager you liked from the start. Therefore, my point remains, that you will be one of many fans that will hop between loving and hating Poch, rather than supporting him through thick and thin. And that is what makes The Lane a lesser place to visit than when I was younger - fans don't buy into the manager and they focus on negative actions on the pitch - a misplaced pass, a loss of possession - rather than get behind the team. You're less forgiving than for a coach you liked from the start, regardless of performances and results.*

*This is a general rule of thumb, and not necessarily a reflection of you personally (though your general posts give me the impression I'm not too far off). I have no idea who you are or how you will react to different situations.

I simply pointed out that as you've had it in for Poch since day 1 (as you admit), when things turn sour you'll (probably) leap the fence back to the PochOut camp as that's what your instincts were when he signed on.

I take that you have certainly been generally positive in match threads lately from what I've seen.

Quite frankly Baz, for a man of your age, having seen the high and lows of Spurs over many years, I'd expect you to be far more tolerant, but you appear to have the short term attitude of the modern era of fans.

I'd also expect you to not be so rude. I'd suggest you take your own advice and read your post back. It's a massive overreaction mate, and rather unnecessary.

Baz.

It's difficult to get context across in black and white, but all I was doing was expressing my opinion on your choice of support in response to Joe. I don't agree with Joe on everything, we've had our tiffs. In this case, I agree with him. We're not Batman and Robin.

You're preaching to me you should get your opinion. Of course you should. I've agreed with your posts on many occasions, and disagreed with others. I also get my opinion - whether you like it or not.

My opinion is, I dislike supporters that moan about a managerial appointment before/when it is made, because you're not even giving the guy a chance, and you will always have that underlying dislike for him. No matter how good it gets, you will always focus on the lows more, because you have a bone to pick with him. What I'm saying is, you won't be so forgiving with Poch as you would a manager you liked from the start. Therefore, my point remains, that you will be one of many fans that will hop between loving and hating Poch, rather than supporting him through thick and thin. And that is what makes The Lane a lesser place to visit than when I was younger - fans don't buy into the manager and they focus on negative actions on the pitch - a misplaced pass, a loss of possession - rather than get behind the team. You're less forgiving than for a coach you liked from the start, regardless of performances and results.*

*This is a general rule of thumb, and not necessarily a reflection of you personally (though your general posts give me the impression I'm not too far off). I have no idea who you are or how you will react to different situations.

I simply pointed out that as you've had it in for Poch since day 1 (as you admit), when things turn sour you'll (probably) leap the fence back to the PochOut camp as that's what your instincts were when he signed on.

I take that you have certainly been generally positive in match threads lately from what I've seen.

Quite frankly Baz, for a man of your age, having seen the high and lows of Spurs over many years, I'd expect you to be far more tolerant, but you appear to have the short term attitude of the modern era of fans.

I'd also expect you to not be so rude. I'd suggest you take your own advice and read your post back. It's a massive overreaction mate, and rather unnecessary.

I have re-read it in the cold light of day and yes my post was rude and over the top.

I apologise.

Having said that I am now firmly in the Poch camp and very optimistic for the future!

If we have a few hiccups along the way, which we probably will, then no probs and no I won't go back to the "Poch Out" brigade as I now like what I see and "get it"!

There is a plan, structure etc!

So now let's take the Chavs apart on Sunday!

My best man put a Woolwich scarf round my neck during his speech and then produced a genuine signed photo of Tony Adams wishing me all the best........to say there was gasps of disbelief was an understatement....... Anyway my grandfather, a Woolwich fan, found it hilarious, photos of this tragic episode still exist.............we burnt the scarf later that evening.

My best man put a Woolwich scarf round my neck during his speech and then produced a genuine signed photo of Tony Adams wishing me all the best........to say there was gasps of disbelief was an understatement....... Anyway my grandfather, a Woolwich fan, found it hilarious, photos of this tragic episode still exist.............we burnt the scarf later that evening.
To be fair... that is quite funny! (The Tony Adams autograph bit, not the scarf so much!)

Back
Top Bottom