Disloyalty confessions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Secondly, a lot, and I'm not saying all, but a lot of Americans do not share the same loyalty, love, frenzied passion, that we over here do for our clubs. I say this with spending near 2 years living in the U.S. It's a pastime for a lot of those folks, and isn't in their DNA to posses lifelong traits of character that I have just mentioned

I'm pretty sure they take their American Football teams pretty seriously. I know that my family in Canada and their friends would bleed and die for their hockey team of choice. It's like a Brit supporting an American Football team or a Hockey team though. It's unlikely to be in our blood, it's unlikely to be in our family. It's more likely that it's a choice we make.

I'm lucky in the sense that with my mother being Canadian, It's a given that I would support the team from where she was born in terms of Hockey. Vancouver doesn't have any NFL teams though I don't think so it was a much harder choice for me to make. But I accept that I could change NFL team at the drop of a hat, because it was my choice and always was my choice.

For what it's worth, I support Spurs because of my Uncle. And I have no idea why he supports them. But it's what I grew up knowing.

Switching back to being serious, loyalty has nothing to do with your ethnicity, creed, etc. It has to do with character. That's the bottom line. None of this "they're from this country, state, region, therefore they can't be as diehard as I/we are." It's about the content of your character whether you live and die by the team or whether you switch for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure they take their American Football teams pretty seriously. I know that my family in Canada and their friends would bleed and die for their hockey team of choice. It's like a Brit supporting an American Football team or a Hockey team though. It's unlikely to be in our blood, it's unlikely to be in our family. It's more likely that it's a choice we make.

I'm lucky in the sense that with my mother being Canadian, It's a given that I would support the team from where she was born in terms of Hockey. Vancouver doesn't have any NFL teams though I don't think so it was a much harder choice for me to make. But I accept that I could change NFL team at the drop of a hat, because it was my choice and always was my choice.

For what it's worth, I support Spurs because of my Uncle. And I have no idea why he supports them. But it's what I grew up knowing.
What about Ottawa? So you have the Senators form in the 1990s. Do you not think that there are Leaf or Habs fans in Ottawa who now support the Sens, or at least have divided loyalties? Or are all the Sens fans, fans who never supported a team before the 1990's. I bet it's the former.

What about Ottawa? So you have the Senators form in the 1990s. Do you not think that there are Leaf or Habs fans in Ottawa who now support the Sens, or at least have divided loyalties? Or are all the Sens fans, fans who never supported a team before the 1990's. I bet it's the former.

My mother isn't from Ottawa and has never even been to Ottawa. She's from Vancouver, hence why I'm a Canucks fan kind of. I don't really watch enough Hockey or NFL to really need a team. But when I have to pick an NFL team, it's got to be the Patriots sadly. I loved playing as them in Madden, always have. But this is getting super off topic now.

Naw man, deep down it's ingrained in our system that we just can't commit. Don't let me and CousinEddie CousinEddie fool you, we truly don't know how to properly support a team like the likes of you.

I said a lot of Americans, not all.

I also gave one example, I thought a fairly amusing one, as I mean, Norwich City, how random is that? They were in the championship or league one at the time he started supporting them, can't remember, so can't dig the guy out for being a glory hunter.

I've got a tonne more, for example, people found out I was a spurs fan, so this one 'fan' came up to me, and asked why he got kicked out of WHL for wearing his Woolwich shirt in the Paxton...

Fwiw, I like the Minnesota Twins, but there's no way I could share the same passion as someone who was brought up in the twin cities, or who's family has supported them for generations. but hey that's me.

I've obviously kicked a bit of a hornets nest here, so going to bail out of this conversation.

Here endeth the lesson.

It's a North American thing you disloyal twit!

I said a lot of Americans, not all.

I also gave one example, I thought a fairly amusing one, as I mean, Norwich City, how random is that? They were in the championship or league one at the time he started supporting them, can't remember, so can't dig the guy out for being a glory hunter.

I've got a tonne more, for example, people found out I was a spurs fan, so this one 'fan' came up to me, and asked why he got kicked out of WHL for wearing his Woolwich shirt in the Paxton...

Fwiw, I like the Minnesota Twins, but there's no way I could share the same passion as someone who was brought up in the twin cities, or who's family has supported them for generations. but hey that's me.

I've obviously kicked a bit of a hornets nest here, so going to bail out of this conversation.

Here endeth the lesson.
Quite the lesson Professor

Is it disloyal that even though I know Spurs players are playing for England, that I still hope England lose? Bare in mind, Woolwich players also play for England. So when I cheer on Scotland, there is no Scum involved. :vdvhmm:

My mother isn't from Ottawa and has never even been to Ottawa. She's from Vancouver, hence why I'm a Canucks fan kind of. I don't really watch enough Hockey or NFL to really need a team. But when I have to pick an NFL team, it's got to be the Patriots sadly. I loved playing as them in Madden, always have. But this is getting super off topic now.
Fair enough, I am from Ottawa though, that's why I posed the question.

Kind of related to this, I'm against gambling (the profession, not a little card game). It's a scourge and a tax against the lower class, at least. So when Spurs were sponsored by Mansion, I was quite active on a Spurs forum - I went quiet for a few years. I was disgusted that Spurs would pull such a stunt. Sadly, they weren't the only ones.

Watched a goon game after Campbell switched to those buggers I said at the end of it 'Campbell had a really good game'. I didn't even finish the sentence with the words 'the cunt'.

I felt dirty afterwards.

Sin bin!

Sorry but you deserve it!

:cunt:

Back
Top Bottom