Woolwich Scumbags v Glorious Tottenham Hotspur (1st Oct - 12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not sure with some of the takes on here.
We went there with the idea to soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter, the plan worked well and I think most people at half time felt like we were going to get something.

The problem was Lloris threw the ball in the net which we could have recovered from and then Royal made the challenge, taking the game beyond our reach.

The problem was not the tactics, but individual errors…

I’m not sure with some of the takes on here.
We went there with the idea to soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter, the plan worked well and I think most people at half time felt like we were going to get something.

The problem was Lloris threw the ball in the net which we could have recovered from and then Royal made the challenge, taking the game beyond our reach.

The problem was not the tactics, but individual errors…

Final ball let us down on many occasions and Lloris throwing the ball into the net as well as Emerson being Emerson.

Tactics were actually fine, we were always gonna be outnumbered in the middle regardless of him going to 3 in the middle, in fact playing the 3-4-3 gave us the outball to counter attack with, shame that Kulu was injured.

We were well in the game until Lloris fucked up, but fine margins.

Lloris and Royal's errors were costly, but giving Partey all the time and space in the world to take a shot because the xG calculators said that the chances of it happening were at .001% didnt help us either.

I think we will finish above them too once playing in the Europa League drains them. But then again after how last season ended I thought they were going to be screwed in the coming years with no chance of overtaking us or any of last seasons top 4. Annoyingly the 2 transfers in from City have strengthened them & they have made the most of the ‘easier’ run of fixtures they began this season with. Hope things change soon. Looking forward to when City smashes them.
If they are looking good for top 2 come January I could see them investing in the squad. Which is high on quality but low on depth

Because personal are crap, he does not have the tools. Royal is crap, Perisic is old end of his career not used to PL pace, Kane and Son misfiring out of form, Hoejberg and Benta overrated average mids.
As for the bench, Doh ain't better, Spence young no experience, Skipp is good but not game changer, Bissomuo hasn't shown much potential. Richy is the only player trying. The squad not good enough, TW piled another lot of average players.
Hopeless times, best way to manage as a fan is to follow without any expectations to avoid disappointment.
We are third

Not alot to do with tactics tbh. Thought at halftime with a better final ball we would go on and win the game. Lloris doing what hes done for 10 years in big games. Big reason why we havent won anything. Mentality midget chucks one in, then the red card.
We have played 3-5-2 twice from memory. Scored 6 against Leicester and against Liverpool at home from memory where we should scored 6. Lack of 3rd midfielder doesnt allow us to press and big factor in why we have to drop deeper as with a 2 man midfield you have to keep the play infront of you and now jump out as much.

Come on if watched the game you will know, we should of been buried but good fortune saved the day.
Our team just isn't very good, it's average at times because of players with limited abilities.
When you have teams like Brighton who can play better, and have something about them to get results at big clubs, then you know this club has problems that even Conte can't solve.
The dye of underachieving has been cast a while back, the club has little desire and pedigree to achieve much.
The stadium has covered over the cracks, of a club big on ideas and bravado but found wanting on delivery.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

We have lost ONE game in the premier league this season. ONE

At a ground we never fucking win at anyway.

Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves, and ask yourselves if football really is for you.

And no, I'm not joking.

It's always shit when we lose to Woolwich, I get that. Makes the next few days really rather poo - but fucking get over it.

Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves, and ask yourselves if football really is for you.

I think it’s more expectation levels.

We have won the league zero times since 1961. Not sure why people expect us to win it every year.

Bit like going for a night out in Harlow and expecting to go home with Jennifer Lawrence. It’s highly unlikely.
Better off going for a Sonia from eastEnders look a like. Much more chance of being happy.

Expectations………

We have won the league zero times since 1961. Not sure why people expect us to win it every year.
Bit like going for a night out in Harlow and expecting to go home with Jennifer Lawrence. It’s highly unlikely.
Better off going for a Sonia from eastEnders look a like. Much more chance of being happy.

Expectations………
...As long as she's not having one of her legendary lesbian weeks.

If they are looking good for top 2 come January I could see them investing in the squad. Which is high on quality but low on depth

Not sure they have the option.....

Pretty sure I read at the end of the trf window that they're now max'd out in FFP terms.

Expectations………

Seems to me that now we have Conte in charge people think all our problems will go away, guy hasn't even been here a year yet :D

We have lost ONE game in the premier league this season. ONE

At a ground we never fucking win at anyway.

And no, I'm not joking.

It's always shit when we lose to Woolwich, I get that. Makes the next few days really rather poo - but fucking get over it.
I appreciate the concern, but on a public forum that debates football it's normal for people to vent.
Also nobody gets to tell anyone that football isn't for them, if others don't want to see or hear it they ignore or walk away surely.

I appreciate the concern, but on a public forum that debates football it's normal for people to vent.
Also nobody gets to tell anyone that football isn't for them, if others don't want to see or hear it they ignore or walk away surely.

I think you’ll fine I just DID tell you that football may not be for you.

And ALL you do is Moan/vent tbh.

I stand by what I said 👍🏾

Back
Top Bottom