Woolwich Scumbags v Glorious Tottenham Hotspur (1st Oct - 12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm just waiting to get on my flight - not one but TWO goons right in front of me, wearing their stupid pastel pink away shirt! Not very flattering if you don't have an athletic body. Hurts my eyes, especially 'Visit Rwanda' on the sleeve.
I hope they're not seating next to me.
(TBF, I'd have worn my shirt home, if we'd won!)

Have a safe trip, Mrs P......

Let's hope the lads reward you all by doing their part. 👍

I have ambition, I want to win the PL title.

Seems you are in different league when comes to ambition 😀

PS. How long we gone stay third with way we're playing?
Took Pep and Klopp considerable time to get their teams ready for a title shot. And yes we are playing shit but we’re still up there with a long season to go. Work in progress I would say. And let’s face it only an injury to Haaland is going to open up the title shot to anyone bar city

Took Pep and Klopp considerable time to get their teams ready for a title shot. And yes we are playing shit but we’re still up there with a long season to go. Work in progress I would say. And let’s face it only an injury to Haaland is going to open up the title shot to anyone bar city
Yes we are work in progress since 1961, why rush!
Mancity have owners who have ambition to win trophies, they will buy another Halaand. They don't have a Levy who sells Walker for £45m to buy Aurier for £20m release for £0, buy Dohrty for £13m and then Royal for £20m.

Last edited:
Mancity have owners who have ambition to win trophies, they will buy another Halaand. They don't have a Levy who sells Walker for £45m to buy Aurier for £20m release for £0, buy Dohrty for £13m and then Royal for £20m.

Good point.

We probably are working to a 100 year plan.

Streets ahead of these other clubs and their short term thinking.

No rush at all it's organic growth, the plan involves us waiting until every other owner dies off.
Then we try to start winning things, by then it will be a five team league and we will come sixth.

im content to know we wont win anything in my lifetime and im 32 soon

Perisic’s quote from his presser yesterday

“We have to show a better game, we have to play better, we have to run more and we have to fight for the club. This is what we didn’t do in the last game.”

Ouch :contefacepalm:

There's something very brittle about the way Woolwich are at the moment as a club - the over exuberance and celebrations from the manager to the fans and everyone inbetween all seems a bit fake and over the top to me, hiding a ton of insecurity is my guess. Still very strongly fancy us to finish above them.

I thought we were a bit deep and didn't have enough ball before they scored but I also thought it'd take a wonder goal for them to score. Great strike but he ain't doing that very often in his career.
After that we were the stronger team, always looked dangerous and only poor final passes (mostly from Son) stopped us going in at half-time leading.

Hugo messed up for the second but again we were so deep and should've been a yard further forward at least. I also thought Son was slow to get across and left Perisic in a 1vs2 situation - then Son runs over too quickly because he's late to get there so Saka just cuts inside him easily and gets his shot off - up until then we'd prevented him shooting meaningfully.

Even then I'd fancied us to get at least a draw but the lazy and daft foul ended the game as a contest.

Like I said still fancy us to finish above them, they've played none of the biggies away yet and totally got the rub of the green in this game. Cunts.

ps Martin Keown is a biased cunt and with Jenas being so busy trying to be a Mr Balanced nice guy it made for terrible punditry.

Back
Top Bottom